Texas recruiting notes 2019

12/12 Update:

Secondary coach Paul Rhoads and linebackers coach Don Pellum were at Lakewood (Calif.) Mayfair on Thursday, the school of Chris Adimora, the four-star safety prospect committed to Texas.  It's the second time coaches have visited Mayfair during the Contact Period. 

Not giving up on him.  Not holding out much hope either.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No,  only recruiting texas is what fucked us the last decade plus,  hyped up primadonnas who think they dont need to work hard and where entitied while getting buttt F&*Cked up and down the field by everyone is why we needed to go out of state, find kids that yes I am 1100 miles away from home, but I am committed and ready to work, over the kids that grew up across the street and felt like they were owed this because they are texas kids.   fresh blood and a message to the locals that if you dont wanna work we will find others who do, to include those without allegiance or feel entitled 

giphy.gif

Why do we have to keep explaining Mack's recruiting failures had nothing to do with in-state vs out-of-state players and everything to do with how he pushed for commitments waaaay too earlier in cycles and never re-calibrated before NSD like every other major program does?  Why do we need to keep rehashing this tired dichotomy of Texas vs OOS players?  That "entitled prima donna" attitude doesn't come from any geographical affiliation; it's from taking early commitments and having no pressure on highly rated prospects late in cycles (see: OL recruiting the last decade).  All this teeth gnashing should come with a little perspective: at least Herman and Co are finding good late-cycle takes (Ojomo comes to mind) to fill holes, even if it creates uncertainty around both signing days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is what happens when Texas starts going after out of state players. You can't trust their commitments and you miss out on the Texas players who you could have landed in February and then not had to worry about keeping your commitments. I mean don't get me wrong, the coaches all know what they are doing, but I just don't like going all over the country to get players when there are so many good players right here in Texas. Give me 25 Texans who want to be Longhorns over 25 mercenaries from Missouri any day. I just don't like how stressful all of this late stage recruiting is nowadays and I'm scared we're going to miss on a bunch of our top targets. 

Relax, Mack. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Hmmm, that might partially explain why Cain hasn't jumped on board.  I can hear the typical recruit question - 'coach are you going to be here?' Then said coach says 'heck, yeah' and then outside rumors come up about said coach looking around.  I do believe IT hinted at some other 'data points' regarding RB recruiting and this could probably be one of those.  

In any event, the competition for Cain and Sanders will certainly "neg" us and Drayton as much as possible.  Ain't recruiting season fun yet?  

Edited by Herminator