Texas recruiting notes 2019

27 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Is it possible to import the 200 or so pages of Shaggy recruiting thread that is left over so people can stop with the neurosis? I suppose it would be maybe 50 pages without the scat, but it would do the trick.

You trying to get Blacklab sued again!?

Man... we need one more manufacturered crisis to get to 1k...

Someine go make up some fake outrage our something...

Damn I feel dirty for needing some sort of Chip Brown imaginary bullshit to get us through on the quest to one thousand 

Edited by Laxtonto
Fuck you autocorrect.. always seems to be worse here on the surl

24 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Man... we need one more manufacturered crisis to get to 1k...

Someine go make up some fake outrage our something...

Damn I feel dirty for needing some sort of Chip Brown imaginary bullshit to get us through on the quest to one thousand 

This is the surl

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Is it possible to import the 200 or so pages of Shaggy recruiting thread that is left over so people can stop with the neurosis? I suppose it would be maybe 50 pages without the scat, but it would do the trick.

We ain’t trying to Warren Moon this shit. 

I am now confident we will hit 1000. There will be the inevitable bits of info coming out about the early enrollees that will end up here. There will be additional GT names that will pop-up, especially after Spring Practice. Those topics probably get us another page. I also am sure one or two of the headcases in this overall class will do something stupid and we will joke about it for a page. Then add in 8 pages of shitposting and we are at 1000.

16 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If everybody that opens this thread in the next hour posts one thing, we can make significant progress and maybe even hit 1k. Then it'll be done. Like ripping off a bandaid. This is my contribution. 

But how is that supposed to be contributing to the 2019 conversation?

34 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I am now confident we will hit 1000. There will be the inevitable bits of info coming out about the early enrollees that will end up here. There will be additional GT names that will pop-up, especially after Spring Practice. Those topics probably get us another page. I also am sure one or two of the headcases in this overall class will do something stupid and we will joke about it for a page. Then add in 8 pages of shitposting and we are at 1000.

Don't forget the Bru McCoy eligibility petition.

On 3/25/2018 at 12:25 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

so it begins

On 3/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, EverybodyGoDeep said:

Finally at peace. New site up and running. 

Errbody

On 3/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, CoachTex said:

Gonna take some work to hit 1k. Here to do my part.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Bigbend1812 said:

Warp speed to 1000!

On 3/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, South Austin said:

Any chance we get this thread to 1,000 pages by Signing Day? We’re a tad behind.

Damn page 1 knew what’s up and how handicapped the run to 1k really was

https://texassports.com/news/2019/3/5/football-freshmen-to-be-honored-with-national-awards.aspx

AUSTIN, Texas - The University of Texas will see two Football early enrollees honored this weekend at major national award celebrations. Wide receiver Bru McCoy will receive The Maxwell Football Club/adidas National High School Offensive Player of the Year Award, while QB Roschon Johnson will be honored as one of five finalists in the Franklin D. Watkins Memorial Award Class of 2019.

McCoy will be recognized this weekend in Atlantic City, N.J., as part of The Maxwell Football Club 82nd Anniversary Awards Gala. A prep All-American from Palos Verdes, Calif., and Mater Dei High School, McCoy has also been selected as the MaxPreps.com National Player of the Year, All-USA Offensive First Team and 2018 California Mr. Football, in addition to numerous other awards. He accumulated 152 catches for 2,605 yards and 34 touchdowns during his career.

At the historically prominent event that began in 1946, McCoy will be honored alongside other major award recipients that include the Maxwell Award for college football player of the year (Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama), Bednarik Award for college football defensive player of the year (Josh Allen, Kentucky) and Bert Bell Award for NFL player of the year (Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs). The awards banquet takes place on Friday night in the Tropicana Showroom at the Tropicana Hotel and Resort in Atlantic City.

Johnson will be one of five finalists honored as part of the Class of 2019 for the Watkins Memorial Award presented by the National Alliance of African American Athletes. First presented in 1992, African American high school student-athletes in football, basketball and baseball are eligible to apply for the honor and selected based on grade-point average, personal statements, extracurricular activities, community service and letters of recommendation.

Johnson, who along with McCoy will begin spring practices with the Longhorns on Monday, March 11, is a prep All-American quarterback from Port Neches-Groves. He finished as his school's all-time leading passer with 7,710 yards and second all-time leading rusher with 4,900 yards. He totaled 85 touchdowns in his career and was selected to the 2019 Under Armour All-American Game.

The National Alliance of African American Athletes was founded in 1989, and its mission is to empower African American males through athletics, education and public programs. Ryan Clark, former NFL player and current ESPN analyst, will serve as the emcee for the evening as the 28th Watkins Award winner will be announced. The award, established to recognize the "Premier African American Male Scholar-Athlete," is named for the late Franklin D. Watkins, who coached championship football and basketball teams in Harrisburg, Pa. Events and tours for the honorees will take place on Friday in Washington, D.C., with the Award Gala set for Saturday night in Arlington, Va.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rickyspub said:

Well, you are definitely doing your part.  Cheers!