Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

His recruitment is another one that has 'changed', unfortunately. Perroni has been hyping him up as an A&M-Texas battle which probably means he thinks Wright ends up at A&M and he wants to claim another 'head-to-head' win.

Brian Perroni: 4-star WR Dylan Wright shaping up to be an A&M, Texas battle?

Reveal hidden contents

West Mesquite, Texas, wide receiver Dylan Wright missed spring ball with an injury but the 6-foot-3, 205-pound four-star prospect is finally cleared. He participated in a camp at Texas A&M last week and is at the Pylon 7v7 national championships in Atlanta this weekend. "It's been good," the nation's No. 128 overall prospect said of the first day of action. "I had to get back in shape. But I'm back in shape now and feeling good. I'm just trying to get back in the groove."

On the recruiting front, Wright has been to Aggieland a couple of times recently. He has also long been high on fellow in-state school Texas. "Texas and Texas A&M, the differences are - to be honest - it's kind of neck and neck," he said. "You've got both of the head coaches down there. The receivers coaches, they're young so they're just like you. It's kind of neck and neck."

Wright has developed a very close bond with A&M wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig. "Coach Craig, bro it's crazy," Wright said. "He bonded well with my family. It's just crazy - it's just family. It's something that I'm not used to. When I come in the building, it feels like I'm at home. We just know each other's slang, we know each other's lingo and we just connect."

Wright has also built a solid relationship with Texas wide receiver coach Drew Mehringer. The wideout was invited to Austin this weekend but was not able to make it. "I was supposed to go this weekend (to Texas) but I had to come here," Wright said. "They have a party or something. I was supposed to go down there. I'm probably going to go back down there. I'll find some time to go back down there. I think they feel like I'm trying to go to A&M or something, so I'm going to go show them some love."

In addition to Craig and Mehringer, Wright has also grown close with Arkansas receivers coach Justin Stepp. "Arkansas, they're my people," Wright said. "Coach Stepp, he's always showing love. We click on everything. Same thing with coach Drew and coach Craig. Those three coaches are the ones that actually show me love daily."

As for the recruiting process, Wright will likely cut his list of schools down very soon. "My mom told me I could narrow my top 10 down, so we're going to work that when we get back to the crib," he said. "It's really been how it always is...but its time to narrow it down." He plans to use some official visits and has a few destinations in mind. "Oregon and Michigan for sure," he said as to schools that will receive officials. "I'm probably going to take Alabama later on, my last official. I'm probably going to take it during the season."

As for a final decision, Wright plans to take his time and wait until early January. "At the Under Armour game," he said of his announcement plans. "It's going to be a hard decision."

I think this one changes with every visit, and he visits three or four schools a month. This is one you watch but don't really pay attention to until the season is winding down, imo 

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

I'm glad that they seem to be actually getting in a car and coming here. 

The "never showed up because of a 'mix up' with a ride thing was getting ridiculous. 

Not sure about this" footwork king's" motivations... but if these "handlers" are the name of the game, and they are ubiquitous everywhere else, and the NCAA has proven that they are more concerned about keeping Olympic Skiers from returning punts at this level... I say pay the footwork king for taking the time, effort, gasoline, food to get these guys here and to teach them to kick ass at running through tires 

Following Shepherds recruitment, i havent heard one mentuon of this kids parents. Not one. All ive heard about if Footwork King taking care of the kid. 

So whatever the man does. However he pays the bills, where ever his kods go. I applaud this man for being a positive influence and being there for kids who obviously need it. 

Footwork king is the man in my book. 

21 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Following Shepherds recruitment, i havent heard one mentuon of this kids parents. Not one. All ive heard about if Footwork King taking care of the kid. 

So whatever the man does. However he pays the bills, where ever his kods go. I applaud this man for being a positive influence and being there for kids who obviously need it. 

I’m not usually one to nitpick punctuation, spelling and whatnot, but I believe it’s cods...not kods.

I bet your assessment of the footwork king would be a little different if he was steering all or most of his trainees to aggy or blowU..

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Read more  

I bet your assessment of the footwork king would be a little different if he was steering all or most of his trainees to aggy or blowU..

You mean like he did before Herman was here and folks bitched about it? Yeah.

9 minutes ago, ousux said:

So true. 

10 minutes ago, ousux said:

Read more  

Lulz. He doesn’t steer most or all of his trainees to Texas. aggy has clearly pissed him off either Shepherd. He’s talked on social media about a guy trying to pressure him and making his own decision. Who knows if he’ll be anti-Jimbo consistently moving forward, but he definitely hasn’t been steering all his kids to Texas in the past.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Not sure there is a kid in this entire class who wanted to be a Longhorn more than Mpagi. Will be rooting for the kid.

I like him fine. He’s got a high ceiling, physically and he’s a good dude, by all accounts. If he’s the 28th player of a 28 person class, fucking a, man. Fucking A.