Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That feels 100% false and I think you're confusing me with someone else, but I am open to a link showing that I said that. I don't recall comparing anyone to Adrian Peterson since, well, Adrian Peterson, but prove me wrong and the board can mock away. 

I never saw Toneil Carter as a sophomore, if I remember correctly. But, fuck it, I have a lot going on and this wouldn't be the first time today my recall was off.

It would be on 247 but I’m not going back there, not ever. I’d rather just say I mixed you up with someone else than be proven right. 

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Meyer placed on administrative leave. We're probably back in it with Garrett Wilson. 

Maybe, but I don't think he will decommit since Urban has probably told him to expect a quick resolution in his favor.  If instead it drags on closer to NSD1 then you might see some real movement.

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Oh come on. You don't publicly say what Wilson said about your 2nd choice. Maybe your 3rd or 4th.

I don't give two shits what recruits say. I've seen recruits do the Hook'em horns sign down while committed to OU and then commit/sign with Texas. 

When you're dealing with 17 and 18 year olds there's 1) no telling what they will say and 2) when their opinions will shift. 

You're basing this opinion on message board talk. All I know is Wilson had Texas and Ohio State in his top 2. He liked Texas. 

Edited by texasstrong12

It maybe doesn't put us in the driver's seat, assuming we were ever there.  But it does open the door again, especially with a big season and CJ, LJH, or some other WR having a banner year.  

That said, I for once agree with Saty.  I'd be willing to bet the ship has sailed (maybe for both parties) given how this recruitment played out.  

Card needs to get back in his ear.  

Edited by BigVegasHorn26

9 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

It maybe doesn't put us in the driver's seat, assuming we were ever there.  But it does open the door again, especially with a big season and CJ, LJH, or some other WR having a banner year.  

That said, I for once agree with Saty.  I'd be willing to bet the ship has sailed (maybe for both parties) given how this recruitment played out.  

Card needs to get back in his ear.  

Anybody that doesn't think this is good news for us just wants to be pessimistic. Who knows if we land Wilson but this certainly opens the door. You can rant all you want about Mehringer "blah blah blah" but he plays at Lake Travis and had Texas in his top 2 before picking Ohio State. Texas certainly has a shot here. 

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't give two shits what recruits say. I've seen recruits do the Hook'em horns sign while committed to OU and then commit/sign with Texas. 

When you're dealing with 17 and 18 year olds there's 1) no telling what they will say and 2) when their opinions will shift. 

You're basing this opinion on message board talk. All I know is Wilson had Texas and Ohio State in his top 2. He liked Texas. 

Don't forget that he also was trying to be the Texas ringleader when he committed. He was trying to get the TX kids urb wanted to join him. He is  proud and it'll take time but I expect us to be a factor. I should say I hope we become his option, this WR class would be an A+ since our 3 committed are studs.

37 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Meyer placed on administrative leave. 

Hehe, you know Jimbo never actually signed his contract with aggie.  He could just walk away for a better gig.  Not going to happen, but, man that would be hilarious.  If nothing else, Jimbo should leverage this for a pay raise... that'd be just like him. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Well if urban is out .. no more buckeye pipeline to Tejas, correct?

The perfect fit for Ohio State in this circumstance if Meyer's done, and I think he is, would be to sign Mack Brown. He's got a clean resume with no hints of corruption, he's no older than Saban, he can recruit, he knows the big school culture well, and he's a CEO-type who will let the staff do work during the year. I'm honestly not kidding. Maybe others will mention Jim Grobe, I guess. 

Beyond that, I woke up this morning with the recruiting landscape looking one way, and now this afternoon, it looks way different. Anyone who doesn't view this as great news for anyone competing with OSU for kids is being obstinate. 

Mehringer buttfucked the recruitments of Higgins and Wilson by running his mouth about current players, but he wasn't the only one involved. Herman has been handling both lately. If Longhorn94 didn't commit seppuku in shame over his Wilson confidence, it would be interesting to hear updates on this as things unfold.

• Like 3

Hehe, you know Jimbo never actually signed his contract with aggie.  He could just walk away for a better gig.  Not going to happen, but, man that would be hilarious.  If nothing else, Jimbo should leverage this for a pay raise... that'd be just like him. 

That would make my day

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The perfect fit for Ohio State in this circumstance if Meyer's done, and I think he is, would be to sign Mack Brown. He's got a clean resume with no hints of corruption, he's no older than Saban, he can recruit, he knows the big school culture well, and he's a CEO-type who will let the staff do work during the year. I'm honestly not kidding. Maybe others will mention Jim Grobe, I guess. 

Beyond that, I woke up this morning with the recruiting landscape looking one way, and now this afternoon, it looks way different. Anyone who doesn't view this as great news for anyone competing with OSU for kids is being obstinate. 

Mehringer buttfucked the recruitments of Higgins and Wilson by running his mouth about current players, but he wasn't the only one involved. Herman has been handling both lately. If Longhorn94 didn't commit seppuku in shame over his Wilson confidence, it would be interesting to hear updates on this as things unfold.

RIP @Longhorn94 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Playing Michigan just scares you death, but you have to block all that out and withstand the surge.  And, really, no matter what the scoreboard says these are all good kids who graduate.  They’re winners at life, and quite frankly, Orlando is just as nice as Pasadena in January anyway.

"We don't have to beat Michigan to win the Big 10"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a big deal.  I don’t see mass decommitments, kids will want to hold their spot at a marquee school, but kids will be listening again. If we have a strong year and more writing is on the wall re: Mehringer then Wilson will be a definite possibility.  

8 hours ago, rickyspub said:

And my post said nothing about not wanting him to come here or that he sucks. If he goes to OSU or aggy or OU or New Mexico State, basically anywhere but UT, then I have no reason to want to see him succeed in football. If they aren't a Horn, then I hope they suck at football, get their degree, and go on to be a pro in something other than football. If he has a change of heart and comes here then I hope he is a great player and ultimately makes millions in the NFL.

I wasn't commenting on your post as much as the comments he allegedly made on why he didn't want to go to Texas when Texas never recruited him.  On one hand, I don't wish him success, but on the other hand, I realize he's probably 17 and a dipshit.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor