Texas recruiting notes 2019

13 minutes ago, saul silver said:

Who tf is this Evans guy everyone is freaking out about?

Evan[ s ] Gattis--Astros DH.  Rumor has it, he's thinking about giving college football a try next year.  He has all the makings of a late-stage Mike Alstott at RB, which is obviously better than Adrian Peterson could ever dream of being.

Edited by Katfid54

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:
10 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’re better than this. 

I'm really not. 

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Evan[ s ] Gattis--Astros DH.  Rumor has it, he's thinking about giving college football a try next year.  He has all the makings of a late-stage Mike Alstott at RB, which is obviously better than Adrian Peterson could ever dream of being.

See?

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

I saw two polynesian guys yesterday competing to see who could bench press the most.  One of them put up 350.  Then the other guy went and also hit 350.  So they both benched the exact same amount in the competition.  And I was like "Damn.  That's a strong, polynesian, tie."

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

tumblr_p85kxmfi_P91x44jjdo1_500.jpg

1 hour ago, futureman said:

you’re better than this. 

Tough crowd, I'll tell ya. Tough.

U5s4jsz.gif?1

Almost as tough as my neighborhood. I asked a cop how long it takes to walk to the subway. "I don't know," he says, "nobody ever made it." Tough, I tell ya.

12 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

It's gonna be so rich seeing some of ya'll back track on Garrett Wilson if he comes back into the fold.

I guess i missed it - have there been people on here saying they wouldn't want Wilson?  I saw the people pissed about him going public about Texas not developing 5 star kids - but was there stuff about him not being worth it that I missed?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guess i missed it - have there been people on here saying they wouldn't want Wilson?  I saw the people pissed about him going public about Texas not developing 5 star kids - but was there stuff about him not being worth it that I missed?

It's best for your health and time that you continue to miss it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

.0000001% chance this has any effect on Wilson or any other tOSU recruit.

sad but true.

It'll only have an effect if Meyer is gone. I imagine OSU will make every excuse in the world for him, but they fired Tressel over some tattoos. That's some wild inconsistency.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 9:54 AM, rickyspub said:

Wilson should have shut his pie hole and I hope the guy sucks at football at OSU.

This is related to recruiting because we are in the transition where Herman is paying the price for putting culture install over winning football games. I hope that the weird personnel groupings and usage were more about putting guys with cultural buy-in on the field over more talented guys who needed to learn a lesson. That shouldn't be needed this season and hopefully we see the coaches utilizing elite talent rather than rewarding the try-hards to make a point. We should win more games and look more polished with our elite guys getting the bulk of the snaps. It is still likely going to take another season to wash the stink of the last 8 years off the program, though I would love to see Herman pull a Saban or Stoops in Year 2.

Why is he even commenting on why he didn’t want to go to Texas?  He didn’t even list Texas as a school that was recruiting him. 

OTOH, I didn’t want the headache of being President, so I declined the nomination. I kinda see his point. 

9 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

.0000001% chance this has any effect on Wilson or any other tOSU recruit.

sad but true.

It could have an effect on any whose parents give a shit about character or integrity.  Or any mommas who have been the victim of domestic abuse themselves.  

Regardless, bad press for OSU or Meyer in any form is always a good thing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

You like to use that Adrian Peterson line. You felt the same way about Toneil Carter back when he was a sophomore.

That feels 100% false and I think you're confusing me with someone else, but I am open to a link showing that I said that. I don't recall comparing anyone to Adrian Peterson since, well, Adrian Peterson, but prove me wrong and the board can mock away. 

I never saw Toneil Carter as a sophomore, if I remember correctly. But, fuck it, I have a lot going on and this wouldn't be the first time today my recall was off.

13 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Meyer's own wife said Smith scared her. The fuck Urb? How do you keep that guy on your staff when your entire staff and their families knows he's beating his girlfriend?

Smith is probably a top 25 recruiter in CFB, and has roughly 10 former WRs in the NFL, which has helped land Meyer a $7.6 million dollar salary.

Edited by pacman

15 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Yeah, we are gonna need a few more beaten wives to have any real effect. See: Briles, Arthur.

I think we're in an environment where we can't really be sure how far down the rabbit hole this could take Meyer. I've just witnessed the Astros get publicly roasted by every sports media outlet in print, audio and digital that covers baseball for trading for a woman beater. This is a guy who has been punished by baseball with a big suspension and hasn't been found guilty yet in a court of law, and the Astros have had a clean rep, yet they're being castigated now as basically rape enablers and the baseball equivalent of Pol Pot or some shit.

If Meyer is proven to be a liar on this, and he was categorical in his denial last week, and that proof ultimately shows him as worse than being a liar such as a sympathizer, an enabler or indifferent with facts in hand and direct knowledge of behavior, I'm not actually sure this couldn't be enough to end his regime. There is high, high hostility towards abuse of females in any manner and all of this is new terrain. If there is any rocket fuel in these texts, we don't know how much ignites in that program because of it. On top of it all, Meyer is a proven weak bitch when it comes to handling direct moral adversity associated to his character.

I like this kind of controversy being pushed in Ohio State's direction either way, because fuck that fanbase.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

It could have an effect on any whose parents give a shit about character or integrity. 

We're talking about kids that are committed to Urban Meyer and tOSU. Obviously character/integrity had ZERO role in the original commitment. 

I like this kind of controversy being pushed in Ohio State's direction either way, because fuck that fanbase.

TSRH

Edited by golfclap

27 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Why is he even commenting on why he didn’t want to go to Texas?  He didn’t even list Texas as a school that was recruiting him. 

OTOH, I didn’t want the headache of being President, so I declined the nomination. I kinda see his point. 

And my post said nothing about not wanting him to come here or that he sucks. If he goes to OSU or aggy or OU or New Mexico State, basically anywhere but UT, then I have no reason to want to see him succeed in football. If they aren't a Horn, then I hope they suck at football, get their degree, and go on to be a pro in something other than football. If he has a change of heart and comes here then I hope he is a great player and ultimately makes millions in the NFL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

who?

https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Powell-46055198/

He was part of the "next wave" of in-state WR offers, along with Langston Anderson and Jaylen Ellis, after we whiffed on some of our primary targets.

Ohio State is recruiting him at DB. He was set to announce next week, but it looks like he might push that decision back.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1