Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

5 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

And my post said nothing about not wanting him to come here or that he sucks. If he goes to OSU or aggy or OU or New Mexico State, basically anywhere but UT, then I have no reason to want to see him succeed in football. If they aren't a Horn, then I hope they suck at football, get their degree, and go on to be a pro in something other than football. If he has a change of heart and comes here then I hope he is a great player and ultimately makes millions in the NFL.

and that's fair.

50 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

It's gonna be so rich seeing some of ya'll back track on Garrett Wilson if he comes back into the fold.

42 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I guess i missed it - have there been people on here saying they wouldn't want Wilson?  I saw the people pissed about him going public about Texas not developing 5 star kids - but was there stuff about him not being worth it that I missed?

I doubt it. We're not aggy. 

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

I saw two polynesian guys yesterday competing to see who could bench press the most.  One of them put up 350.  Then the other guy went and also hit 350.  So they both benched the exact same amount in the competition.  And I was like "Damn.  That's a strong, polynesian, tie."

This kind of reminds me of the time I saw this guy benching 400 and his ethnicity wasn't readily apparent.  So I said, "wow, you are strong."  We got to talking and it turned out his dad was from Samoa and his mom was from Thailand.  He was one strong Polynesian-Thai.

Edited by Richter
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

The real question is:  If Meyer is ousted for enabling/covering up assaults of his coaching staff and he gets canned, what're the chances that kids from recruiting classes post-2015 will be "freed" to transfer without having to sit out a year?  J.K. Dobbins, Baron Browning, Jeff Okudah come on down.

20 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

who?

lol. 

If Garrett decides to come back home, I will see the reaction to his commitment the same way Joshua Moore was received last year. A primadonna until he wasn't. That isn't a back-track. Nobody questioned Wilson's ability or implied he wasn't worthy of his scholarship offer.

6 minutes ago, Richter said:

This kind of reminds me of the time I saw this guy benching 400 and his ethnicity wasn't readily apparent.  So I said, "wow, you are strong?"  We got to talking and it turned out his dad was from Samoa and his mom was from Thailand.  He was one strong Polynesian-Thai.

That's hilarious.  That's kind of like the time I was out on a sailing trip with my roommate from undergrad.  He was an expert mariner and had traveled all over the world learning the best tricks of the trade.  I remember a squall coming up out of nowhere, and him asking me to furl the mainsail, so that it wouldn't get damaged in the storm.  But after trying for several minutes to get the rigging undone, I had to ask for his help.  He told me that he had perfected a series of knots that he learned from ancient techniques taught on Easter Island and American Samoa.  I was dumbfounded at trying to loosen the knots, and I remarked aloud, "You have such such strong Polynesian ties!"

9 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

The real question is:  If Meyer is ousted for enabling/covering up assaults of his coaching staff and he gets canned, what're the chances that kids from recruiting classes post-2015 will be "freed" to transfer without having to sit out a year?  J.K. Dobbins, Baron Browning, Jeff Okudah come on down.

Little chance since it's not a NCCA/titleIX infraction.

26 minutes ago, Richter said:

This kind of reminds me of the time I saw this guy benching 400 and his ethnicity wasn't readily apparent.  So I said, "wow, you are strong."  We got to talking and it turned out his dad was from Samoa and his mom was from Thailand.  He was one strong Polynesian-Thai.

torbush-wow.gif

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So either Wright or Higgins is gone.

Powell and Anderson were the next offers for Higgins spot. Higgins appears to be Leon O' Nealing himself out of spots and looks like he'll end up with Mullen at the dumpster fire in Florida. 

45 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Little chance since it's not a NCCA/titleIX infraction.

McMurphy said that there is potential for a Title IX violation due to the nature of the act:

Ohio State may be in violation of Title IX, which states: discrimination on the basis of sex, can include sexual harassment, rape, and sexual assault. A college or university that receives federal funding may be held legally responsible when it knows about and ignores sexual harassment or assault in its programs or activities

🍿

Fuck Urban. I think we can all agree on that. 

I'm just hoping Herman had no awareness or involvement. The texts indicate that the entire coaching staff and their wives knew about it, but they're from 2015 after Herman was gone. He also wasn't at UF in 2009. The abuse was ongoing though. God damn please Herman don't turn out to be a shit bag.

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

It's gonna be so rich seeing some of ya'll back track on Garrett Wilson if he comes back into the fold.

What has anyone said about him other than he was a big loss and he called out our offense for not producing, everyone seems to agree with him.

Edited by Goodman

16 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Was has anyone said about him other than he was a big loss and he called out our offense for not producing, everyone seems to agree with him.

Not totally true. He acted like an ass after choosing tOSU. I am sure people would forgive him, but facts are facts: He didn't show much class.

• Like 1

This whole thread reminds me of the time I was working for the CIA, and we'd captured two rogue agents from the Pitcairn Islands.  We locked them up in a holding cell and zip-tied their hands together, but when we came back later, they had torn off the zip-ties and ripped through the cell's bars.  To this day, I still remember saying, "Wow.  Those were some strong Polynesian spies!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1