Texas recruiting notes 2019

14 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ve never seen a prospect who can change directions like Rondale Moore.   I’m trying to think of any player at any level who looks like they are controlled by a joystick.   Help me out here cause I got nuthin

Former KC Chief Dante Hall. He was nicknamed the human joystick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacman said:

A man who makes over $5 million per year shouldn't be afraid to take responsibility for a player like Brooks, who is as talented as he is troubled. He should have the sand to try and make a player go more Randy Moss than Robert Timmons.

Lol

No

You have to be careful how much cancer you let into your system.  Some people are worth the risk, some are not.  If the rumors are true, this guy is not.  

I learned my lesson last year with Justin Watkins.  He looked like a poor man's Reggie Bush to me. I was saying he was so talented and such a perfect system fit, he was worth taking a risk on.  Some kids are just wired wrong and are almost certain to fail.  If what's being said about Brooks is true, you just don't let someone like that into your locker room.  It's a self inflicted wound and could take a couple years to purge the problems created.  

Edited by RabidM

6 minutes ago, pacman said:

A man who makes over $5 million per year shouldn't be afraid to take responsibility for a player like Brooks, who is as talented as he is troubled. He should have the sand to try and make a player go more Randy Moss than Robert Timmons.

There's a difference between wild kids with maybe some drug problems (or stand-up kids with drug problems, that Leitao case was weird) and the domestic abusers/rapists of the world. You don't want to put the other students at risk.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, pacman said:

Art Briles, is that you?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, pacman said:

Fuck.  This.  

Rationalizations like this lead to women being assaulted on your campus.  This isn't fucking hypothetical.  We have a recent example an hour and a half up the road.  I could give a shit about drugs or payoffs or the like but there's a line and mercenary attitudes like the one you espouse have real consequences.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RabidM said:

You have to be careful how much cancer you let into your system.  Some people are worth the risk, some are not.  If the rumors are true, this guy is not.  

I learned my lesson last year with Justin Watkins.  He looked like a poor man's Reggie Bush to me. I was saying he was so talented and such a perfect system fit, he was worth taking a risk on.  Some kids are just wired wrong and are almost certain to fail.  If what's being said about Brooks is true, you just don't let someone like that into your locker room.  It's a self inflicted wound and could take a couple years to purge the problems created.  

this type of thinking/recruiting is why texas was a doormat for 10 years

posters here would recruit taylor doyle over oakman

iqs0bhqpdtz8xx8cy9la.jpg

• Fuck You 57

19 minutes ago, RabidM said:

The biggest thing about these type "risks" is they are normally attrition candidates in 2 years anyways. Not worth the headache when they will be gone in a couple years anyways. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

iqs0bhqpdtz8xx8cy9la.jpg

You're using Oakman as an example of the direction Texas needs to head? 

Come on. 

Oakman (and other risks) are why Baylor is about to be shitty for the next 10-20 years. Baylor had short-term success with Oakman types but guarantee they would run it back and not take those risks after what happened. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Is it wrong of me to wish an Enron-level scandal to hit that school related to recruiting shenanigans - invalidating their titles and sending that fucker into perpetual hiding and shame.  

SEC...SEC....SEC.... 

I'm still waiting on the punishment to come down on them for the deer antler spray.

23 minutes ago, pacman said:

word

😂 brooks not being a take

clemson starting rb pistol whipped & robbed his own teammate

he lead clemson to a national championship & 3 playoff appearances

recruit to win

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 66

3 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

word

😂 brooks not being a take

clemson starting rb pistol whipped & robbed his own teammate

he lead clemson to a national championship & 3 playoff appearances

recruit to win

Advocating for Texas to recruit players that rape women is not going to end well for you. 

• Like 3

Funniest thing about this entire discussion is nobody on this board is advocating that Texas recruit a bunch of 3 star sunshine types. 

Hell, I'm cool with us recruiting players that have some history and aren't exactly model citizens. 

It's the extreme examples (like Brooks) that we shouldn't be recruiting. 

• Like 1

Funniest thing about this entire discussion is nobody on this board is advocating that Texas recruit a bunch of 3 star sunshine types. 
Hell, I'm cool with us recruiting players that have some history and aren't exactly model citizens. 
With the caveat that they aren't rapey or abusers.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I didn't know Brooks was an extreme example and Leitao isn't. I haven't seen anything confirmed on Brooks showing the two are that much different but I don't follow close enough. Clearly you all have some confirmed info that I don't. 

LSU doesn't seem to mind Brooks, and think reports are embellished, but that is the SEC style.

Fair enough.

Edited by pacman
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, Carl Winslow said:

iqs0bhqpdtz8xx8cy9la.jpg

Complete false dichotomy. And YOUR line of thinking is why the female students at Baylor were put at serious risk of severe bodily and psychological harm.

But, yeah, if you put a gun to my head and said "pick Doyle or Oakman," I'm picking Doyle 11 times out of 10. UT is a SCHOOL and the reputation of the university comes before the football team. In summation, fuck you and the horse you rode in. Kindly fuck off back to the board for aggy, Baylor, or whatever other inferior, shitty program you actually cheer for, you fucking peasant.

• Like 9