Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I understand not being able to keep up with the thread, but we’ve explicitly covered the Brooks rumors multiple times on this thread, including an argument that you’re now repeating within 10 pages and 5 days of this post. This isn’t a Robert Timmons situation and telling us what LSU posters think from a risk tolerance perspective isn’t helpful. 

i live in the Boot. LSU fans would let Brooks rape their mother for wins. and make lame justifications to white wash the issue.

the problem with taking a Brooks type is you own him forever. not just the 3-5 years hes on the 40. you own him on everything he does, from here on out. please see OJ, Rae Carruth ( who just made parole) , Pacman Jones and others

you might keep him inline on campus, but put millions in his pocket? and no supervision? with a guy with these tendencies, thats not a good recipe for success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Are you just reposting things that we've already been over this morning?

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Yes.  I meant to repost this on a different board.  Feel free to neg away.  I'm regarded.

" One is supposed to be Missouri WR Marcus Washington who is announcing this Friday.  The other committed yesterday and could announce as early as tomorrow.  Not supposed to be a surprise.  I would guess Odessa ATH Peyton Powell."

I appreciate the update. I didn't know for sure who we were talking about, and I don't like wading through 5 pages of stuff to find out.

• Like 1

Coker's best quality is him having sophomore teammates consisting of a 5* left tackle and high 4* swing lineman, and there's a chance that he'd potentially help land them 

However, if you trust the trajectory of your program, your recruiting system, and your position coach, you don't need to make package deal type of moves (this one isn't even a package deal) 

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:
3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

When one of our favorite ATH types comes off the board this afternoon for the good guys, please keep the “how many WRs do we take then?!” or “I guess we’re out on Washington/Higgins/Lewis/McCoy” histrionics to a minimum. Or, I guess if we’re questing for 1,000, fuck it, gnash the teeth. Either way, cheers.  

I'm going to clog up the thread with GIFs, CTJ.  You're going to be so triggered.

asm.gif

dreams.gif

The-Hills.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5284315

galv5Il.gif

yay2.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The Powell commitment moves Texas 2019 class up to 7th overall - with only 19 commits. 

OU: 18 commits, .9202 average rating, best commit - Theo Wease (#18 overall)

Texas: 19 commits, .9134 average rating, best commit - Tyler Johnson (#36 overall)

LSU: 19 commits, .9041 average rating, best commit - Derek Stingley (#4 overall)

If we add Washington on Friday, according to the class calculator we will still fall short of passing OU for #6 and we will have 20 commits to their 18. I am guessing our best shot at hitting the Top 5 going to be based on us taking 28 while some others below us take 25 or less.

Edited by rickyspub
Or getting Sanders and/or McCoy

Just now, rickyspub said:

If we add Washington on Friday, according to the class calculator we will still fall short of passing OU for #6 and we will have 20 commits to their 18. I am guessing our best shot at hitting the Top 5 going to be based on us taking 28 while some others below us take 25 or less.

Our best shot at top 5 will be getting McCoy or Sanders (or both).

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Not happening. But we will be close enough that they'll have to write some fan fic about how their class should be higher and ours should be way lower. 

We already have as many 5/4* commits as they do with 6 less commits.  If we both take the same number it's not out of the question to end up higher than they will.

Is this our first Permian player?  Jason Burleson maybe??  I read Bissenger's book in Sports and Our Society class way back, and I don't think they had any Texas level guys from that era.

Edit:

Duh, Im an idiot, the great Roy Williams.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:
12 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy boards will go nuts when we finish with a higher class than they do.

Not happening. But we will be close enough that they'll have to write some fan fic about how their class should be higher and ours should be way lower. 

It could definitely happen.  Frankly, if we're taking 25+, I don't see how it doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's Coker. They're saying he'll visit for the WVU game.

I like Coker, he's up to like 6'8 now playing around 320-330. Good strength and decent quickness for a big man. Year or two in program and some foot work coaching and think he'd be great.  He's also playing with Foster and Conner, two 2021 kids that are considered very highly right now