Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You've been saying the same thing this entire time. That is not at all the same thing as it being the same thing people are arguing about. Does that make sense you goober? Let me illustrate.

Everyone Else: KK is a bright offensive mind, and he's getting a lot of NFL attention. He's talented.
L94: KK is a shitty head coach and I don't like his offense, the Power Spread is better.

Lets try another similar illustration:

Person #1: You know guys, I visited Maine in the fall and it's a really beautiful place to vacation.
L94: Peanut Butter. 

Holy shit dude. Everyone else: kk is the greatest thing ever! Don't question his greatness!

Me: eh, he is alright.

You: that's not the same!!!!

No shit.

It's time to get back to recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Again you point missing motherfucker. Let me try to really explain it for you. When people are talking about his merits as an OC, why the FUCK do you keep bringing up any mention of him as a HC, at all? It has no merit at all to the conversation, yet you keep doing it. As Fud pointed out, it's a meritless comment. So either you're a moron who just keeps throwing out tourette's statements, or in some weird way it DOES have merit to the conversation to YOU. Which one is it?

Nether. I said it in addition to my thoughts on his offense because fud brought it up.

46 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on Bru McCoy:

Reveal hidden contents

Super K has been out of the country but I was able to talk with him briefly regarding the Bru McCoy situation. Here is what he had to say:

*** Prior to the Hire, K’s sources told him that with Helton staying, it was going to make it that much more difficult for Texas to pull Bru McCoy

*** One of his sources added that as long as Helton didn’t screw up the Offensive Coordinator hire, USC was going to be very tough to beat.

***It has been widely reported that USC is finalizing a deal with form Texas Tech Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury and K exchanged a few messages with McCoy’s father.

*** As you would probably expect to hear, they were very pleased with the hire.

*** This was always going to be a tough one with McCoy being close with JT Daniels and Amon Ra who are very happy at USC and with Clay Helton

** Along with the players, McCoy’s family really does think highly of Helton.

This one continues to trend toward USC. Texas is still in it to a degree, but if you haven’t already, you need to start preparing yourself.

Thank you for relevant info. Jesus fuck this thread is a mess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

I quoted what you posted. Do you not read what you post?

Yes I did. It was tongue in cheek to your previous post where you falsely assumed I was saying kk sucked as an oc because he wasn't a good hc. I never made that assumption. You did .

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Having the back pass protect after not getting the handoff on an RPO is next level.

That was just one example of his plays highlighted. Baldinger is great follow on Twitter who watches ton of NFL but also college film. KK will be strong addition for USC and great fit in PAC 12. 

8 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

ESL students everywhere wondering where he's committed

As someone who took a certification course to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL), and then did teach for over 5 years, this had me laughing at my phone. 

#puregreatness

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

As someone who took a certification course to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL), and then did teach for over 5 years, this had me laughing at my phone. 

#puregreatness

Hmmm....where do I start....taught > did teach 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

Do I go to the Kingsbury thread on the football board for Texas recruiting updates? I'm confused.

While I agree that Kingsbury being discussed over the last 3 pages is not ideal, it is highly relevant for Texas when it comes to recruiting, should he ink with USC. Adimora, Smith, McCoy are all going to listen to USC on some level if Helton somehow hires a fucking staff that isn't a pure dumpster fire. McCoy will likely commit this weekend if KK is the case. 

That all considered, what a crazy dumb move by Kingsbury if he takes the USC job. I don't care how much money they're offering him. The odds of Helton saving his job after a mass staff layoff and a 5-7 season, with, frankly, no previous history of extended success, seem incredibly low. 

• Like 1