Texas recruiting notes 2019

15 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Is that good?

Lets see. 6'6" 300 lb 19 year old div 1 o tackle benchs 315 9 times. I didnt see 9 but im drinking. 

Against a 20 year old 6'1" 205 lb naia loser doing 5 reps at 315. Mighta coulda done a few more. 

Sorry. Not impressed. 

• Fuck You 3

36 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Lets see. 6'6" 300 lb 19 year old div 1 o tackle benchs 315 9 times. I didnt see 9 but im drinking. 

Against a 20 year old 6'1" 205 lb naia loser doing 5 reps at 315. Mighta coulda done a few more. 

Sorry. Not impressed. 

Found Rocko’s sock.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Sorry. Not impressed. 

Damn, you are one punchable son-of-a-bitch.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Sorry. Not impressed. 

Shit, I curl 315 for reps (3 sets) at 210# and 50+ years on my non-squat days (so usually twice weekly). I'd post some vids but you'd probably try to pick apart my form.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Shit, I curl 315 for reps (3 sets) at 210# and 50+ years on my non-squat days (so usually twice weekly). I'd post some vids but you'd probably try to pick apart my form.

The rumor mill says Vic can lift a 300lb pair of thighs 120 times on a good night.

12 hours ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Found your video....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

IT

ISAIAH HOOKFIN

I asked someone who's plugged into Dulles and logged into Inside Texas if word of 2019 offensive line signee Isaiah Hookfin being 300 pounds was accurate, and if so, how does he look? Said the source:

Yeah he's up to 300, putting on weight was never an issue for him, it's keeping it on. Over the season we did more maintenance lifting and he just lost a ton of weight.

He's been working his tail off with his trainer in our weight room. He also is more aware of the importance of diet.

The kid looks great right now.

That explains it. He lost a lot of weight during the season and as most of us know, it's easier to add weight previously held than new weight.

@Fuddy asked me if the weight gain affected my evaluation of Hookfin and I couldn't give a good answer because I didn't know the context but now I do.

This is a positive sign, especially with Hookfin assured to red-shirt. This will give him the opportunity to lift three times a week rather "maintenance lift" twice. It will also allow him to "own" the weight in the hopes it doesn't shed as easily. 

There is still a little concern in that both Connor Williams and Sam Cosmi were shedders during the season, but to that I say, eat more.

Expect Hookfin to drop down to 280-285 during the heat of August and September but that's a sensational starting point for him.

9 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Dude. You ever see him on " how i met your mother "? And  " harold and kumar to white castle"?  

Dude slays 

I have seen him in person. In an honestly surprising inversion of celebrity type, he's bigger and more built than you'd expect. His husband is a good dude, too.

• Like 1