Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

To be fair, given our level of recruiting effort at the position, it is obvious we are not pushing for anyone. 

I think we are waiting until after we hoist our national title trophy to really kick up the recruiting this cycle. If only CDC would have presented Herman with a plaque this summer, we might have reeled in some big fish like Jimbo did.

It will suck if we don't get Tufono, but if we come in second you have to count that as a win. When was the last time we came in second for a national recruit from Hawaii? It shows how hard our staff is working and we should be proud of that even if we don't land the commitment. We're going to win the recruiting olympics with all these silver medals, you just wait and see. 
Your aggy is showing..

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
It will suck if we don't get Tufono, but if we come in second you have to count that as a win. When was the last time we came in second for a national recruit from Hawaii? It shows how hard our staff is working and we should be proud of that even if we don't land the commitment. We're going to win the recruiting olympics with all these silver medals, you just wait and see. 

Your aggy is showing..

Your sarcasm detector is busted.

Fong posted a generic article about Carter and EJ commented this: 

Wanted y'all to have Steve's info since he alerted me to a shift in this recruitment. I did some checking around as well and feel like Arkansas leads as well. I think Texas needs to push harder if they want to land Carter. He is looking to set up a visit for early in the season, which is good news, but again their approach needs to change or they'll miss, which could in turn have some effects with Jalen Catalon. Arkansas already holds a commitment from his other teammate, Enoch Jackson.

It appears we have stage three Giles'd. It may metastasize and move to DBs soon if we don't get it under control. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

It appears we have stage three Giles'd. It may metastasize and move to DBs soon if we don't get it under control. 

Did someone post this on 247 or is this your opinion? Our DL recruiting is crap, but I think Catalon is ours as long as we win, with or without Carter.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Did someone post this on 247 or is this your opinion? Our DL recruiting is crap, but I think Catalon is ours as long as we win, with or without Carter.

It's just like every year. "These guys all want to play together." Nope. "Better player may follow lesser player." Nope.

21 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Fong posted a generic article about Carter and EJ commented this: 

Wanted y'all to have Steve's info since he alerted me to a shift in this recruitment. I did some checking around as well and feel like Arkansas leads as well. I think Texas needs to push harder if they want to land Carter. He is looking to set up a visit for early in the season, which is good news, but again their approach needs to change or they'll miss, which could in turn have some effects with Jalen Catalon. Arkansas already holds a commitment from his other teammate, Enoch Jackson.

If we hear that with Drayton, you know it's a matter of him being down our board. With Giles.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

No one. Knows. Shit.

The next time I read we're "surging" in someone's recruitment I will automatically dismiss that shit until they actually commit. 

EJ’s CB pick and others’ confidence stemmed solely from the fact that our staff  was confident we were landing him. 

Outside of EJ, who thought we were landing him the past few days?

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

EJ’s CB pick and others’ confidence stemmed solely from the fact that our staff  was confident we were landing him. 

TFB briefly was optimistic, but then they stated a couple of days later that he was trending away. Just yesterday, we were alerted to the fact that "pussy" had entered the equation and thusly learned of our impending defeat.

7 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Man, this Jake Langi guy was oversold to the fan base.  Practically all of his targets commit elsewhere.  I know he's not a coach, but he was being talked about like a Polynesian Carrington. 

It's really just been EJ Holland trying to make an inside joke or some shit about it and along the way people started to drink the Polynesian-flavored Kool-Aid.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Man, this Jake Langi guy was oversold to the fan base.  Practically all of his targets commit elsewhere.  I know he's not a coach, but he was being talked about like a Polynesian Carrington. 

No, you bought some stupid shit and now you have buyer’s remorse but that’s no one’s fault but your own.

9.95ers job is not to report the truth, they are not journalists. Their job is to sell subscriptions.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

CTJ definitely said we were getting Tufono.  Not sure what changed.  

A prediction around here lately means nothing.  Nobody has a clue.  

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

EJ's reporting has tanked this cycle. His prediction percentage is actually really high, but it's because he switches his CBs late. I think his info is pretty good for a 9.95er, but his commitment to trolling A&M and narratives like Strong Polynesian Ties is hurting his day-to-day reporting. 

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

• Like 6