Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

CTJ definitely said we were getting Tufono.  Not sure what changed.  

A prediction around here lately means nothing.  Nobody has a clue.  

The Texas staff was confident. EJ took that and ran without checking any further. Once others checked sources outside the staff, the confidence went away fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

CTJ definitely said we were getting Tufono.  Not sure what changed.  

A prediction around here lately means nothing.  Nobody has a clue.  

I got caught up in the enthusiasm as much as you guys. I didn't ask around. I'll caveat the next time with "IMO" or something so it's not confusing. Recruiting is fluid and all, and I'm a fan capable of getting caught up in excitement the same as you guys. Bamboozled by 247 crystal balls, or should I say, the CBsGotMeLit, if you will. HFS. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, futureman said:

so did he decide yet on saving the world or saving our o-line?

apparently from one of the practice reports, they are really impressed with his size and seems like he can run block pretty well now... all this while watching him in shorts.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I got caught up in the enthusiasm as much as you guys. I didn't ask around. I'll caveat the next time with "IMO" or something so it's not confusing. Recruiting is fluid and all, and I'm a fan capable of getting caught up in excitement the same as you guys. Bamboozled by 247 crystal balls, or should I say, the CBsGotMeLit, if you will. HFS. 

Sounds like you let EJ buy you one too many glasses of Rose during one of your infamous dinners.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Our Australian ties seem to be pretty good. Can they do more than kick?

Not much. There is no passing in Australian football, so...pretty much just lb’s, rb’s and k’s is all they’re good for. Well, that and AC/DC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

Not much. There is no passing in Australian football, so...pretty much just lb’s, rb’s and k’s is all they’re good for. Well, that and AC/DC.

Dude, there's also receiving. I could see some of those guys being pretty damned good in the slot. Pretty good getting off the line of scrimmage, too, given how much handsies and body checking goes on.

12 minutes ago, Richter said:

Sounds like you let EJ buy you one too many glasses of Rose during one of your infamous dinners.

I still get a kick out of EJ thinking he had dinner with ctj. He had an entire dinner with a guy and apparently didn't know who it was

• Like 1

So, Marcus Washington and Jaylen Ellis? Not that I really trust Mehringer with a blue-chip OOS recruit (hell, you can't even trust him with the in-state ones), but that seems like a decent and somewhat-realistic close, if not nearly as good as it should have been.

Edited by Machinator