Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Frank Gore

-per nahlin

That seems like a pretty good comp.  Cain doesn't have true breakaway speed - but he's so powerful and has such good balance that he's damn near impossible to bring down (or even get a good hit on him). 

I haven't really seen any highlights of him out-running a DB to the end zone - but plenty of those highlights show him running over the poor DB that gets in his way.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That seems like a pretty good comp.  Cain doesn't have true breakaway speed - but he's so powerful and has such good balance that he's damn near impossible to bring down (or even get a good hit on him). 

I haven't really seen any highlights of him out-running a DB to the end zone - but plenty of those highlights show him running over the poor DB that gets in his way.

That description sounds like emmitt smith. 

50 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Why not also recruit a breakaway RB that can take it to the house for a Touchdown..... TEXAS needs at least one RB with more speed and quickness.  

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Why not also recruit a breakaway RB that can take it to the house for a Touchdown..... TEXAS needs at least one RB with more speed and quickness.  

Ty Jordan, 2020

Derrian Brown runs in the 4.5-4.6 range, too.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

I like Noah Cain's junior film more than I like Trey Sanders's junior film.  I'll be interested to see their senior tape, because almost everyone agrees that Sanders deserves the higher rating.

Cain's junior film reminds me a lot of Malcolm Brown's high school film.  He is fantastic at running through leg tackles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I like Noah Cain's junior film more than I like Trey Sanders's junior film.  I'll be interested to see their senior tape, because almost everyone agrees that Sanders deserves the higher rating.

Cain's junior film reminds me a lot of Malcolm Brown's high school film.  He is fantastic at running through leg tackles.

Was looking at their stats - seems crazy that Sanders only had 50 touches all year (43 carries and 7 receptions).  He averaged 6 carries a game.

I'm guessing Sanders 4.4 speed at 215 pounds is what gives him that 5th star?

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ty Jordan, 2020

Derrian Brown runs in the 4.5-4.6 range, too.

Thanks Machinator....

Have read some reports on Brown as more of a rumbler whose skills may not translate as well in College..... a lower ceiling guy.  Really hope he's the 4.5-4.6 guy you mention.

Also it just seems that in the last 5-6 years  BlowU may have evaluated their RB Recruits better, having more depth,  power & speed in their RB groups than Texas.....

10 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I still don’t get the idea that Garrett Wilson is a five star super recruit.  He is good, but he doesn’t have elite speed or size.   He puts up big numbers at Lake Travis - just like their top WR has every year for the last 15 years, except this time it’s finally a legit recruit instead a future frat bro named Garrett or McKenzie.   It all feels very Jonathan Gray-ish or Katy RB-ish to me.

And in case you think it’s just sour grapes because he’s not coming here, I buy Dylan Wright and Theo Wease being elite prospects, and they’re going to our rivals.

I mean. He mad Caden look like a bitch when they played last year...

Just now, Ricky Butler said:

I’m sorry I asked the question. I didn’t mean to stump all of our in house scouts with such a tough question. 

When you are comping players, you have to remember a style to be compared. People don't remember shitty players as well as great players. That's why they always end up comparing them to all-timers. Similar styles don't equate to similar results. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Malcolm Brownish.

That is a pretty good comparison.  If he can stay healthier than Brown and from the looks of it he SHOULD be playing behind a better OLine than Brown had, he can be really good for us.  If I remember correctly Brown rarely went down upon first contact.

Brown’s balance on his touchdown this Sunday was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I’m sorry I asked the question. I didn’t mean to stump all of our in house scouts with such a tough question. 

Stop being such a bitch about a topic no one knows the answer to because the kid is in HS. You asked a question and it was answered, it seems you did not like the answer and now you are crying "poor me". IT are known to carry the staffs water but that is their comparison as to playing style, nothing more. 

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Ok, what about a college player comp not an all-timer

7 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Well then does it really matter?

7 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I've never seen someone dickishly ask a group to remember specific mediocre college running backs before. Just mentally calibrate "Frank Gore but not as good" and you're good.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

How’s about you go fuck yourself next time you want to ask a question.  “Stump” people that are trying to give you a simple answer fuck outta here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1