5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

3 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

You're absolutely right.  Same goes for the Daniel Shaver execution in Maricopa County.  It went national because it was a white guy being killed by police.  But as more and more cases like this come out, it should cause anyone with even a hint of intellectual honestly to go back and review the other BLM cases without prejudice, cases like Philando Castillo or Laquan McDonald (see Jason Van Dyke above).  Sadly, this has been going on without mass uproar in the minority communities for a long time.  Hell, Tupac was rapping about it in the 90's.

Public Enemy and NWA were rapping about it in the 80s

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I hate to say it, but a big reason that “all sides” are paying attention to this is because the dead citizens are regular white folks, and not “black drug using thugs.” If they were black, a shitload of folks would dismiss all questioning and criticism as “BLM and antifa anti-cop bullshit, back the blue!” The fact that they had a small amount of drugs and pretty normal firearms would be used to dismiss them as “criminal thugs.” It’s ugly, but you know it’s true.

I’ll take it, because investigation and the truth are important no matter what. But let’s not lie to ourselves and discount the fact that a big part of this dynamic is that these were white folks.

The guy who was shot and killed by his white neighbor bitch cop in Dallas was black.

I don't know if it got to Jake Tapper, but plenty of coverage there.  Washington Post, USA Today, Fox News, CNN, etc.

She's going to prison.

Edited by Cajun

The guy who was shot and killed by his white neighbor bitch cop in Dallas was black.
I don't know if it got to Jake Tapper, but plenty of coverage there.  Washington Post, USA Today, Fox News, CNN, etc.
She's going to prison.

1 - that case is such an insane outlier that it’s newsworthiness is interplanetary. Seriously, a dude home watching tv got blown away because he answered his door.
2 - no she’s not. You’ve heard me on this one before. He’s going to be a drug-crazed superhuman beast at the trial, and she was lucky to survive.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 - that case is such an insane outlier that it’s newsworthiness is interplanetary. Seriously, a dude home watching tv got blown away because he answered his door.
2 - no she’s not. You’ve heard me on this one before. He’s going to be a drug-crazed superhuman beast at the trial, and she was lucky to survive.

1. Ok

2. I don't think that one's gonna work this time.  We'll see I guess

How low was the bar set for a raid to be declared a "success" that a cop could develop these sorts of tactics and without facing prior reprimands/reassignment?  Seriously, had this couple not allegedly fired back at police after they shot their dog and just been arrested peacefully for the insignificant amount of drugs found in their home, would we the public have even heard of this?

That is the bigger issue here.  This is not an outlier.  These tactics have been used in the past and the police have gotten away with it because of the lack of oversight and responsibility.

Edited by hopkinsnhorns

How low was the bar set for a raid to be declared a "success" that a cop could develop these sorts of tactics and without facing prior reprimands/reassignment?  Seriously, had this couple not allegedly fired back at police after they shot their dog and just been arrested peacefully for the insignificant amount of drugs found in their home, would we the public have even heard of this?

That is the bigger issue here.  This is not an outlier.  These tactics have been used in the past and the police have gotten away with it because of the lack of oversight and responsibility.

Correction: they wouldn’t have been arrested for the tiny amount of drugs found in their home. They were going to be arrested for the additional heroin that the hero cop had in his car that he was going to plant at the scene. But he got shot before he could do so.
  • Like 2

Wow. And they left them to bleed to death for two hours.

Again, if that’s accurate, it was likely to ensure that there was no live witness to testify against them. This may well end up rising to the level of capital murder (of course, that presumes that the truth actually comes out).
As bad as this looked...it keeps getting worse.

Again, if that’s accurate, it was likely to ensure that there was no live witness to testify against them. This may well end up rising to the level of capital murder (of course, that presumes that the truth actually comes out).
As bad as this looked...it keeps getting worse.
Seems like the swat guy that shot him one last time should be charged. That's very fucked up

21 minutes ago, Updawg said:
31 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:
Sorry, I haven’t had a chance to keep up with every facet of this ridiculous situation. Where is the two hour thing coming from?

Those video links posted above

I watched the HPD video and immediately thought that it didn’t make sense. I was excited to hear the other guy’s take. However, it appears that he must be a pirate as it’s the only explanation why he would have a screeching bird that obnoxious. Is there anybody not related to Blackbeard claiming the two hour thing?

• Like 2

With all due respect to those who wish to see Art roast (and I think he probably will simply because this happened on his watch), this didn't start up last month.  This has been festering like a gangrenous wound for years.

Vice and narcotics departments nationwide have been crooked as hell forever.  Dallas disbanded its vice unit in 2017, quietly, because it was so crooked.  Austin had huge problems (Jaime Balagia among others) in the 90s.  That whole Narc movie out of Tyler.

Medics were too busy trying to save the hero cop with the torn MCL.
My memory is that they had every life flight available, flying those guys to the hospital. Next memory is some getting out of the hospital a day or two later. I always thought if you rode a bird to hospital, death was knocking. Meanwhile, back at the house...
  • Like 1

These hit squads are really strange to me because there is no revenge factor. They are just ruining the lives of random people for no reason. It seems like these groups are attracting some seriously mentally ill people, which makes a little sense considering it is a high risk job. The characteristics of a psychopath seem to match up well with somebody in this field who is arrogant, takes big risks, don’t have remorse, and are very manipulative.

• Like 1

Oh, I don't know... maybe they hung up on the policeman's charity that calls twice a week trying to extort -- I mean solicit -- donations. 

I'm sure we'll get more hellacious stories about Bonnie, Clyde and Cujo, before HPD faces the music. 

This isn't surprising.  It's sad.  It's infuriating.  But none of this is shocking anymore.  

Edited by 4Pete
  • Like 1

These hit squads are really strange to me because there is no revenge factor. They are just ruining the lives of random people for no reason. It seems like these groups are attracting some seriously mentally ill people, which makes a little sense considering it is a high risk job. The characteristics of a psychopath seem to match up well with somebody in this field who is arrogant, takes big risks, don’t have remorse, and are very manipulative.

Exercising the ultimate power (life and death) is the ultimate power trip for some. And then they go home and “have the best sex of their lives,” which is actually a selling point for the use of force used in some actual police training.
In short, some sick fucks actually get off on the exercise of power. And this is what happens. They recruit for it, train for it, cultivate it, demand loyalty to the lifestyle under threat of punishment, and devote superhuman efforts to prevent any exposure or accountability for it. If that sounds like I just described a gang...well, quacking like a duck and all that.

"Allegations this serious, where someone has falsified a warrant, is absolutely a crime and if the allegations are true, he's looking at minimum falsifying a document," said Gamaldi.

What. The. Fuck.

What about the murder of two people?
What about the killing of a family pet?
What about the possession of black tar heroin by a cop?
What about the breaking and entering by over a dozen officers?
What about the attempted kidnapping by those same officers?

#FuckThePolice

https://abc13.com/5141440/

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

It's really difficult to think that there are actually any good cops with this sociopath out there preying on the public without other cops going wtf

There aren't.  And that includes our Surly cop, as well.  I guarantee you he knows about illegal shit other cops are doing (giving him the benefit of the doubt he's not corrupt, himself) and hasn't/won't say a peep.

All cops are shady.  They're either corrupt, racists or they protect corrupt racists. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

There aren't.  And that includes our Surly cop, as well.  I guarantee you he knows about illegal shit other cops are doing (giving him the benefit of the doubt he's not corrupt, himself) and hasn't/won't say a peep.

All cops are shady.  They're either corrupt, racists or they protect corrupt racists. 

You talking about Cuntstant? He hasn't bothered to come back to this thread since dropping this knowledge on us:

On 1/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, Constant said:

You aren’t given a narcotic search warrant based on a whim. You’re looking at atleast one UC buy from the location, multiple informant buys from the location, and surveillance of foot and motor vehicle traffic. A citizen narcotic complaint gets that ball rolling and thats it.

Heroin was listed on the warrant because it’s been purchased from that location before. You can’t control the supply at the time they chose to serve the warrant. 

It's almost like a throw-down post to rationalize criminal behavior by the police. 

• Like 5

"You can't control the supply the time they chose to serve the warrant."    Really?  Outstanding logic.  

The guy that lived in my home before me had some marijuana in the house at one point.  So by this line of thinking, my house is just between "re-ups" and is ripe for having the door ripped down and my family should be fired upon.  

In Constant's defense, he laid out what should be in a narcotic search warrant:

You aren’t given a narcotic search warrant based on a whim. You’re looking at atleast one UC buy from the location, multiple informant buys from the location, and surveillance of foot and motor vehicle traffic. A citizen narcotic complaint gets that ball rolling and thats it.

Heroin was listed on the warrant because it’s been purchased from that location before. You can’t control the supply at the time they chose to serve the warrant. 

The problem is, there was only a single "informant buy" there, and that even apparently was bullshit.  I think Constant made that post before the contents of the warrant were made public.  I imagine that he would admit that that was a suspiciously skimpy search warrant affidavit.

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In Constant's defense, he laid out what should be in a narcotic search warrant:

The problem is, there was only a single "informant buy" there, and that even apparently was bullshit.  I think Constant made that post before the contents of the warrant were made public.  I imagine that he would admit that that was a suspiciously skimpy search warrant affidavit.

You have a pretty vivid imagination then. Because he easily could have come back here to clarify that he was talking about what proper procedure should entail, or to admit that he was wrong and that this was indeed criminal activity by the police. 

But he's still nowhere to be found. 

2 minutes ago, Player said:

You have a pretty vivid imagination then. Because he easily could have come back here to clarify that he was talking about what proper procedure should entail, or to admit that he was wrong and that this was indeed criminal activity by the police. 

But he's still nowhere to be found. 

Eh.  While making an appearance on this thread would be a bold and brave thing, I'm not sure I'm going to fault him for not doing so.