The Historic La Lomita Chapel in Mission Will be On the Mexico Side of the Wall

Horn Under a Bad Sign

What my friends in Laredo have been talking about is that they're going to keep fighting it if they try to take the land.  Even those that voted for Trump.  A lot of Laredo's economy is due to the border and many of the warehouses that spur the economy would be within the range of falling on the wrong side of this wall.  Laredo is the biggest inland port in the US and I doubt they're going to lose all that money without a fight.

Also I'd like to make note that Laredo is pretty much landlocked by the Killam family and would have to keep buying their land at a premium to grow which is why growth is either stagnant or expensive.  

Seems like "Trump is giving American land to Mexico" would be a good thing to discuss that might not be so popular with some of his supporters. I'm not much of a Twitter guy, though, so creating viral hashtags isn't one of my strengths.

#TrumpLandGiveaway seems a bit unwieldy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

not able to watch videos at work. can anyone summarize why they're building "the wall" like this? 

i imagine mostly because it cannot be built on mexico's side of the border, nor can it be built in the middle of the rio grande riverbed. it's got to be on our side of the river, and i imagine the engineers need to plot it a certain way due to the terrain.

/didnotwatchthevideo

Here is another historic church with a very unique history that is being targeted by the Trump wall.

The Rev. Jeania Ree Moore, director of civil and human rights of the United Methodist Board of Church and Society and member of the task force, first connected the family with church officials when news of an historic Methodist site being threatened by President Trump’s proposed “border wall” reached her.

“Church and Society advocates for justice for immigrants, indigenous peoples, and other oppressed peoples, and the Jackson Ranch’s history and current reality in struggles for justice struck me as unique and important,” Moore said.

The family told the group about their fight to save the church and cemeteries. Ramiro is the great-great grandson of Nathaniel Jackson, a former white slave owner, and his wife, Matilda Hicks, a former black slave. The couple left Alabama to escape discrimination and found 5,000 acres of peace near the Rio Grande.

Ramiro said Nathaniel and Matilda grew up on the same plantation in Alabama, played together as children and fell in love as young adults.

At the ranch, a multicultural community thrived. Their land became part of the Underground Railroad helping blacks escaping into Mexico during the era of the Fugitive Slave Act. Mexican President Vicente Guerrero, who was of mixed descent, abolished slavery in 1829.

https://www.umnews.org/en/news/border-wall-would-cut-off-historic-church

21 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Seems like "Trump is giving American land to Mexico" would be a good thing to discuss that might not be so popular with some of his supporters. I'm not much of a Twitter guy, though, so creating viral hashtags isn't one of my strengths.

Trump Gives Land to Shithole Country

Trump Gives Land to Murderers and Thieves

18 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Sounds like the wrongs of the Mexican-American War are going to be righted.

Gadsden Purchase....  You're on deck!

Trump is a true warrior for justice. He is just repatriating land stolen from Mexico and enabling the reconquista.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:58 PM, Huckleberry said:

I was wondering, when was the last time a US president willingly gave away land to a foreign nation; especially land within the continental United States?

Anyone, anyone... Bueller, Bueller????

50 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Sounds like the wrongs of the Mexican-American War are going to be righted.

Gadsden Purchase....  You're on deck!

Fucking awesome.  Holy shit, back in the day I always wished I could make money with a history degree because that was always my first love.  But I settled for 2x engineering degrees and make do.

Still, when I hit retirement (hopefully within the next two decades); I'm going to go back and get that history degree just for fun.  And it will be 10x more worthwhile that way.

And holy fuck, we forgot about what is really on deck.. Monroe Doctrine with Venezuela going to get invaded by China and Russia after they default on their debts.  Interesting times my friend.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fucking awesome.  Holy shit, back in the day I always wished I could make money with a history degree

I wanted to go this route as well because I absolutely love history. I try to always remember the past, study it and learn from it. History in its many forms is just fascinating.

Were I in a position to travel whenever I want I would just travel the world visiting historical sites. I made my first visit to Gettysburg in early November. It was an overwhelming experience standing on Little Round Top and visiting the area where the grove of trees stood where thousands died within a few hours. Was crazy thinking about Lee standing less than a mile away a 155 years ago watching his soldiers get massacred.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Construction of the wall is slated to begin next month.  The historic La Lomita Chapel will be on the Mexico side.  Parts of Texas are about to become Mexico again.

MSNBC suddenly gives a shit about a Catholic Church or Christianity in general? I'm surprised they weren't there to ask Father Aggie, "have you stopped raping children yet"? 

• Fuck You 6

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

To get back on subject this is just horrible. We all know Trump cares nothing about God or any religion so this is just collateral damage to him that means nothing. His followers will nod and approve. I do hope the locals down there win this fight though in court.

Trump doesn't give a f'k about Texans either. And apparently, neither does Ted Cruz or John Cornyn.

• Like 5

Just now, Mdhorn said:

Trump doesn't give a f'k about Texans either. And apparently, neither does Ted Cruz or John Cornyn.

Of course he doesn't. It amazes me how millions of Texans bought into his bs. This is the best example I have to give from my own family. My cousin is from Round Rock and lived in Marble Falls last I heard two years ago. When I still used facebook he railed against having to choose between "Two Yankees" for president. He was a Cruz supporter. As soon as Trump was the nominee everything was pro-Trump all the time. 

The worst part of the whole deal is he supports the wall being built to the heavens if possible. I should mention his wife of two decades or so is Hispanic and they have three kids together. I will never be more embarrassed by a relative than I am of him. I remember him insulting someone I knew by calling them a typical black liberal. I have not spoke to him for two years. 

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Of course he doesn't. It amazes me how millions of Texans bought into his bs. This is the best example I have to give from my own family. My cousin is from Round Rock and lived in Marble Falls last I heard two years ago. When I still used facebook he railed against having to choose between "Two Yankees" for president. He was a Cruz supporter. As soon as Trump was the nominee everything was pro-Trump all the time. 

The worst part of the whole deal is he supports the wall being built to the heavens if possible. I should mention his wife of two decades or so is Hispanic and they have three kids together. I will never be more embarrassed by a relative than I am of him. I remember him insulting someone I knew by calling them a typical black liberal. I have not spoke to him for two years. 

This is only going to get worse, since it's far easier to remain stupid. 

Just a question.

Have you guys ever thought about who is gonna build that wall? I'm not talking about Trumps promise about Mexico. Rather the folks that actually will work on the wall. The folks who will create the raw materials that make up the wall.The folks the will be crawling all over that wall to construct it? $5.7 billion is a sizeable chunk of change that will be put directly into the American economy and put a lot of folks to work.

Any time the government takes on a large scale construction project like the wall it usually works out pretty well for working class Americans.

Roosevelts New deal stomped on a lot of toes but also put a lot of Americans back to work.

Edited by Crusher
  • Fuck You 4

23 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Just a question.

Have you guys ever thought about who is gonna build that wall? I'm not talking about Trumps promise about Mexico. Rather the folks that actually will work on the wall. The folks who will create the raw materials that make up the wall.The folks the will be crawling all over that wall to construct it? $5.7 billion is a sizeable chunk of change that will be put directly into the American economy and put a lot of folks to work.

Any time the government takes on a large scale construction project like the wall it usually works out pretty well for working class Americans.

Roosevelts New deal stomped on a lot of toes but also put a lot of Americans back to work.

My God you are dumb,with your dumb ass questions. If the stupid ass wall ever were to be built the top .00001 percent would make a bunch of money while a bunch of illegals would build the stupid ass wall that was supposed to keep them out.

go away East European troll. You suck at it.

Edited by JimmyJames

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My God you are dumb,with your dumb ass questions. If the stupid ass wall ever were to be built the top .00001 percent would make a bunch of money while a bunch of illegals would build the stupid ass wall that was supposed to keep them out.

go away East European troll. You suck at it.

Thanks for actually replying to a post that you have negged.

Don't really understand what you are trying to say in the bolded part of your post above? Super rich capitalists make money off denying themselves of cheap labor?

Now, the second part I find interesting. Why not offer foreign nationals, who have no chance of getting a H1B Visas ,  jobs to build the wall, at minimum wage of course, with the promise of green cards when the job is compete?

Could be interesting to see how many would sign up for that work program.

5 hours ago, Crusher said:

Thanks for actually replying to a post that you have negged.

Don't really understand what you are trying to say in the bolded part of your post above? Super rich capitalists make money off denying themselves of cheap labor?

Now, the second part I find interesting. Why not offer foreign nationals, who have no chance of getting a H1B Visas ,  jobs to build the wall, at minimum wage of course, with the promise of green cards when the job is compete?

Could be interesting to see how many would sign up for that work program.

It's ironic: the only way to get his 20 billion dollar anti-illegals wall built for 5 billion is to hire illegals to do it.  He can pay them half upfront with the other half due upon completion, then deport them without paying the second half.  Tucker Carlson and about 100 million stupid people will cheer him on.

Edited by TexArcher