Old Yearbook Scandals

Hugo Stiglitz

GOP and alt-right screaming bloody murder over Northam. Dozens and dozens of elected Dem congress men and women have publicly asked for him to resign. Not sure I've seen a single defense of his actions.

Meanwhile the right continues to defend, gaslight, and deflect 100% of the blame with every single Trumpkin or Republican act of racism.  

Rinse and repeat. Dems are supposed to be good people, goddamnit. Republicans can say/do whatever the fuck they want as their Trumpkin army will fight to the death for them.  Morals are for libcucks. 

• Like 2

Crazy how this came out now. If I was a pub I'd be pissed because this gives Justin Fairfax plenty of time to establish himself as governor and keep the Democrat train in Virginia rolling. Amazing how no GOP operative found this during the 2017 election despite the massive amounts of money in politics these days. Complete GOP fail.

He still has 3 years remaining on his term and it would seem to be unlikely that he could be legally forced out.  If he stays, the real pressure will be from how he has to be publicly shunned from the Left, and used as a symbol of Dem hypocrisy from the Right.  If (when) trump is accused of a racist policy, his first tweet will be that unlike the Dems, he doesn’t wear blackface and kkk hoods.

you want to think that someone shouldn’t be eternally damned for a stupid incident or two in their youth. Assuming this pic doesn’t represent his current views, we should be able to say that people can change as they mature.  But some pics are hard to ignore.

The recent political sin for him is not getting out in front of this story earlier.  

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

2 other thoughts in this 

• you know someone was sitting on this photo waiting for the right time to spring the news
  • medical schools have year books?  I thought undergrad yearbooks were ridiculous. 

So bizarre.  And this one in particular so very high school.

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He still has 3 years remaining on his term and it would seem to be unlikely that he could be legally forced out.  If he stays, the real pressure will be from how he has to be publicly shunned from the Left, and used as a symbol of Dem hypocrisy from the Right.  If (when) trump is accused of a racist policy, his first tweet will be that unlike the Dems, he doesn’t wear blackface and kkk hoods.

you want to think that someone shouldn’t be eternally damned for a stupid incident or two in their youth. Assuming this pic doesn’t represent his current views, we should be able to say that people can change as they mature.  But some pics are hard to ignore.

The recent political sin for him is not getting out in front of this story earlier.  

I attribute it to stupid, youthful ignorance.  I have no idea his racial feelings. The man has seemed like a stand up guy.

I don't think a bad choice decades ago castrates his governorship. But his own party has folks who won't stand for that.

Having said that, I would have never even have fathomed wearing either of those 2 costumes for lots of obvious reasons. 

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Onan cock?

And why the white uni with anchors?

This whole thing is confusing and surreal.  Get Out indeed.

I think "on A cock" is more grammatically correct...

Anyway, a point that's been missing is, what kind of medical school thinks it's a good idea to publish something like that in their official yearbook?

Edited by DixonHur
Typo

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think "on A cock" is more grammatically correct...

Anyway, a point that's been missing is, what kind of medical school thinks it's a good idea to publish something like that in their official yearbook?

In the 80s, some schools weren't that far removed from not allowing minorities, or when it was allowed to quiet those rabble-rousing Commies in the state govt but not so much that it scared the white parents.  There had to be admin or faculty members that still longed for the good old days even in the mid 80s.

13 hours ago, SDG said:

Let the majority decide them. I’m in the it doesn’t move the needle for me camp because no one is sinless except god.  

Hmmm... Christianity requires atonement. If a Christian politician didn’t/doesn’t atone for their sins i would think that would register with Christians. 

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well it was Virginia and 35 years ago.  You'd think these issues would transcend time, but the fact is (white) people (of goodwill nonetheless) were less sensitive to this kind of thing back then.  Doesn't make it right, but there it is.

Yup.  Looks like we got ourselves a good ‘ol fashion ‘reckoning’

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Hmmm... Christianity requires atonement. If a Christian politician didn’t/doesn’t atone for their sins i would think that would register with Christians. 

I'd like to refute your hypothesis by entering into evidence, Exhibit A...Donald J. Trump...

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Simple.  Just say it couldn't have happened because he was at "Beach Week."  Besides, what you do at that age, shouldn't matter if you're a Supreme Court justice of Gov of Virginia, right?

Kavanaugh had the luck or forethought to ensure that there wasn't any pictures of his indiscretions.  And then he denied everything.   When you look at this guy or even Al Franken, there was picture of poor behavior.   When you deny deny deny, you can keep supporters.   

Trump has good political instincts to never apologize because there is no upside.  The Grab Em video apology wasn't his idea and I think it was a moment of weakness, in his view, that he apologized.

It’s racist and sucks. That said in this era where the only thing that matters is political power- why resign?  People won’t like it and they’ll write some nasty op eds, but there’s 3 years left on his term?  He can still govern. 

Is this any different than family values senator Vitter being caught with whores and refusing to resign? Guess what, he stayed in power and eventually the news cycle moved on. 

34 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s racist and sucks. That said in this era where the only thing that matters is political power- why resign?  People won’t like it and they’ll write some nasty op eds, but there’s 3 years left on his term?  He can still govern. 

Is this any different than family values senator Vitter being caught with whores and refusing to resign? Guess what, he stayed in power and eventually the news cycle moved on. 

Much.

10 hours ago, TornACL said:

It's one thing to dress like that. It's another thing to take pictures of it. It's another thing to put submit said pictures for your fucking yearbook. 

Excellent point. I will say almost anything if I'm with people who know me well. I'll assume a racist yokel voice and parody ignorant racism. I wouldn't record it and send it anywhere because that action can be construed as advocacy. Memorializing it in a publication would be a blatant act of disregard for persons who will rightfully take offense.

Stupid and offensive and, because 1984, way out of its time. I will recall that the 80s preppy elitist craze did reflect classism and implied racism. 

A footnote, I hate the language of condemnation that comes with these stories. "Let the healing begin" makes me want to vomit. If someone can find something offensive to say to me, I'm insulted and maybe angry. I don't need a hospital or a hug. 

Northam must face the consequences of an adult, public action. It's up to the people of Virginia to decide who they are regarding this despicable picture of their governor.

11 hours ago, deac_tracy said:

Amazing how no GOP operative found this during the 2017 election despite the massive amounts of money in politics these days. Complete GOP fail.

In Trump's GOP, who is to say they didn't find it, have a good laugh, and shrug it off as boys will be boys?

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It doesn’t matter at this point. He said he was in the photo last night and now he’s walking that back?!?

What the fuck is this guy’s strategy? Defect to the Republican Party?

I now recall that I was never photographed when I was wearing KKK robes. That can't be me.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I attribute it to stupid, youthful ignorance.  I have no idea his racial feelings. The man has seemed like a stand up guy.

I don't think a bad choice decades ago castrates his governorship. But his own party has folks who won't stand for that.

Having said that, I would have never even have fathomed wearing either of those 2 costumes for lots of obvious reasons. 

Lmao, but.....

But grab em in the pussy ten years ago as a media personality on a radio show = hates all women. 

This thread is hypocrisy overload. Lmao. Only because he’s a democrat. His ass would would be burned to the ground if he were republican. He should be thankful. 

Those of you hypocrites spinning and apologizing for your racist baby killing teammate are disgusting human beings. 

The left has left the middle class and the rest of the country behind, and will force another vote for trump. Too dumb to learn from their mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lmao, but.....

But grab em in the pussy ten years ago as a media personality on a radio show = hates all women. 

This thread is hypocrisy overload. Lmao. Only because he’s a democrat. His ass would would be burned to the ground if he were republican. He should be thankful. 

Those of you hypocrites spinning and apologizing for your racist baby killing teammate are disgusting human beings. 

The left has left the middle class and the rest of the country behind, and will force another vote for trump. Too dumb to learn from their mistakes. 

Who on the left is sticking up for him?

csb?

I attended junior high in the mid 70's, played football.  One afternoon, after practice, I went upstairs into the coaches' office above the locker room.  I noticed a jar of eye-black sitting on the desk.  Eye-black was not used extensively by junior high players back then, so I was probably mesmerized by it.  Head coach notices and suddenly comes up with the idea for me to don blackface.  I have curly hair, and my hairstyle could have been termed as an afro (being the 70's and all).  I remember being reluctant to do so but Coach insisted.  After applied, head and asst coaches died laughing; head coach then wanted me to visit a teacher with him.  I didn't want to do this but, I was 13 and again, Coach  insisted.  Since it was after school and not many students were around, I agreed.  Coach shows me to teacher, she has tears from laughing so much.  Glad there weren't cell phones back then.

Oh, both coach and teacher were black. 

BTW, I'm not implying donning blackface is ok...

29 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lmao, but.....

I’ve seen nothing from the left in media and on social media that shows they are sticking up for him. Everything I’m seeing from the left is telling him (not asking) to resign. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It doesn’t matter at this point. He said he was in the photo last night and now he’s walking that back?!?

What the fuck is this guy’s strategy? Defect to the Republican Party?

He is pulling a trump here

The Dems need to stand up and demand that this behavior hasn't been normalized. 

8 minutes ago, Slade said:

He is pulling a trump here

The Dems need to stand up and demand that this behavior hasn't been normalized. 

The guy is getting publicly excoriated for something that happened 35 years ago.  I don't think his remaining in office results in normalization.

I'm just real uneasy with dragging people through the mud over their past.  People change, people grow.  And don't give me this shit about but they don't get to hold public office.  We have elected tons of dirtbags to public office who just got lucky or were skillful at hiding their pecadilloes, and they had neither changed nor grown, and they continued to be active dirtbags in office.  And in some cases, viz Trump, but many others, they got (re)elected anyway.

The moralistic shag simultaneously amuses and frightens me.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

Now he's saying he wasn't in the pic?

He's right!  He was the victim of a photoshop hoax!  Turns out Pope John Paul II stopped by the med-mixer back then!  

Here's the real, untouched original page from the yearbook!  Justice must prevail!

northam.png

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The guy is getting publicly excoriated for something that happened 35 years ago.  I don't think his remaining in office results in normalization.

I'm just real uneasy with dragging people through the mud over their past.  People change, people grow.  And don't give me this shit about but they don't get to hold public office.  We have elected tons of dirtbags to public office who just got lucky or were skillful at hiding their pecadilloes, and they had neither changed nor grown, and they continued to be active dirtbags in office.  And in some cases, viz Trump, but many others, they got (re)elected anyway.

The moralistic shag simultaneously amuses and frightens me.

He had 30+ years to tell this story and atone.

He chose not to address it.

He can begin the healing process after he resigns.