If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

19 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Listened to a segment on the app for the first time in weeks to hear Klatt.  That will probably continue to be the only thing I listen to on the Sportsday App.  They only spent 2-3 minutes on Texas Bama which is par for the course with fucking Corby driving parts of the conversation. I'm sure he skips it all together if Bob didn't bring it up at the end (of course, in a question that also included A&M going on the road).  At one point before even mentioning the big game this weekend Corby attempted to steer convo to OU.  Good example of why I find myself listening to Sirius XM84 drive time and barely any Ticket at all these days.  They should be spending a ton of time this week on Texas Bama (and sure, spend time on Aggy-Miami as well as that's a big game for A&M fans in the market) but tuning in live I haven't heard anything when I've been in car so I've moved on.

McClearin and Donovan spent a segment on it. Bob and Corby never will. 

In fairness to Bob and Corby they were talking with Joel Klatt. The man who called the CU-TCU game, who was a CU QB and whose rival network is the one carrying Texas-Bama.

In fairness to Bob and Corby they were talking with Joel Klatt. The man who called the CU-TCU game, who was a CU QB and whose rival network is the one carrying Texas-Bama.

Tell it again.

The problem with Klatt is it needs to be a longer segment and a lot of times it's looking back on the previous week and what game he called or the biggest stories of the past week. He luckily called the biggest game of the weekend with the biggest opening story. Of course, they're going to devote a lot to that. And this week's game with Nebraska is just as big as everyone wants to see if Deion is going to be able to keep it going or if it's a one week flash in the pan. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just want someone, anyone (new midday host or weekender) to step up and embrace being a trusted sports personality to continue to give the station some sports credibility. With Norm gone, it's pretty much just Bob now. Jake was also starting to trend towards that category but now, everyone else is just "the guy in the next cubicle over" with generic takes and analysis

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Going for the cycle?

WHAT DID YOU SAY I CAN'T HEAR YOU - Internet Grandma | Make a Meme

28 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Cmon now, If OU was playing Bama this week, Corby would have made damn sure that was at least half of the segment.

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Tapatalk....well more like this site's inability to function on it at times.  

Desktop version is slow AF today too. I think @immamac was given many millions to cut back site functionality today in order save ERCOT's ass.

At any rate, I listened to the Klatt segment yesterday. It was like 20+ mins and mostly centered around Deion/CU's win in Fort Worth. Right or not, that was the story of the opening weekend of college football. They discussed Texas-Bama and aggy-Miami for the final bit and it was fine. It becomes a much bigger topic of discussion if Texas wins this weekend in Tuscaloosa. Corby offered some mildly self-deprecating comments about OU when they were talking about Clempson and Dabo's potential fatal flaws -- Corby said it was because Brent Venables is no longer there -- and Klatt then asked who OU beat. Corby said, "Arkansas." Both Klatt and Bob added "State" but Corby joked it was a team from Arkansas. Y'all get so easily triggered by the Snake. Klatt offered an interesting stat -- only three Top 5 teams have lost games at home going back to like 2019 or so. It only happened once last season when Michigan beat Ohio State in Columbus.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

Listened to a segment on the app for the first time in weeks to hear Klatt.  That will probably continue to be the only thing I listen to on the Sportsday App.  They only spent 2-3 minutes on Texas Bama which is par for the course with fucking Corby driving parts of the conversation. I'm sure he skips it all together if Bob didn't bring it up at the end (of course, in a question that also included A&M going on the road).  At one point before even mentioning the big game this weekend Corby attempted to steer convo to OU.  Good example of why I find myself listening to Sirius XM84 drive time and barely any Ticket at all these days.  They should be spending a ton of time this week on Texas Bama (and sure, spend time on Aggy-Miami as well as that's a big game for A&M fans in the market) but tuning in live I haven't heard anything when I've been in car so I've moved on.

to be fair that last one with Klatt was all about CU and their win.  Joel gives the horns a fair shake and definitely takes aggy to the woodshed just about every chance he gets. 

15 hours ago, C-Man said:

Desktop version is slow AF today too. I think @immamac was given many millions to cut back site functionality today in order save ERCOT's ass.

At any rate, I listened to the Klatt segment yesterday. It was like 20+ mins and mostly centered around Deion/CU's win in Fort Worth. Right or not, that was the story of the opening weekend of college football. They discussed Texas-Bama and aggy-Miami for the final bit and it was fine. It becomes a much bigger topic of discussion if Texas wins this weekend in Tuscaloosa. Corby offered some mildly self-deprecating comments about OU when they were talking about Clempson and Dabo's potential fatal flaws -- Corby said it was because Brent Venables is no longer there -- and Klatt then asked who OU beat. Corby said, "Arkansas." Both Klatt and Bob added "State" but Corby joked it was a team from Arkansas. Y'all get so easily triggered by the Snake. Klatt offered an interesting stat -- only three Top 5 teams have lost games at home going back to like 2019 or so. It only happened once last season when Michigan beat Ohio State in Columbus.

he goes more into it re: Texas/Bama here on YT if anyone cares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTwYETtU7A

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby is at his worst during football season. He is a total dumbass.

He's just fine. He's the same as he is the rest of the year. You just care more because of the subject matter and he's an ardent fan of Oklahoma and TCU. It doesn't help when TCU has the kind of year it had last year, much of which was due to good fortune that won't likely repeat itself in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bob totally shit on Quinn then talked about how CW and A&M should win 10 games. I’m done with the HL. 

Also, for real, This Team Sucks. I can’t even comment in the Rangers thread. I’m buddies with CY and avoiding him like the plague. This is bad. 

Bob totally shit on Quinn then talked about how CW and A&M should win 10 games. I’m done with the HL. 
Also, for real, This Team Sucks. I can’t even comment in the Rangers thread. I’m buddies with CY and avoiding him like the plague. This is bad. 

I didn’t hear it. I have way more problems with Homer aggy Bob than Sooner Fan Corby, mainly because the latter is actually a pretty good dude to hang out with and drink a few beers. Bob is just a dork. And I don’t tolerate aggy. Period.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

And I don’t tolerate aggy. Period.

exactly.  I have family from the southeast who had assumed that OU was our most hated rival.  they were shocked when I informed them that the aggies are easily the most hated.  fuck the sooners but wipe college station off the face of the earth. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

I didn’t hear it. I have way more problems with Homer aggy Bob than Sooner Fan Corby, mainly because the latter is actually a pretty good dude to hang out with and drink a few beers. Bob is just a dork. And I don’t tolerate aggy. Period.

This is spot on, and, Corby is trolling us. He knows what he’s doing. Bob is serious. His constant blocking people on Twitter and then grinding about doing so on the air should tell you everything you need to know about him. 

Gotta say it’s slightly rough as it’s a debut episode but the tickets cfb tailgate show actually has decent content. 

Agreed. I went back via the app and started listening after the pregame TV shows ended. Good intro song. Like that they play related clips from Klatt and McElroy shows as well as other clips from interviews. Seems like they are putting some effort/planning into it. Unless our game is on at 11:00, I may likely make this a regular listen as I also watch the early games
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is spot on, and, Corby is trolling us. He knows what he’s doing. Bob is serious. His constant blocking people on Twitter and then grinding about doing so on the air should tell you everything you need to know about him. 

Bob is such a douche. Blocking folks. Best is he when says awful shit about Cowboys draft picks and then they appear on the show and he gets called out. He wants to be fucking mel kiper and then be a friendly host. Can’t do both Bob. I would like to see Tyler Smith or Mazi hammer Bob with a forearm to the orbital.

38 minutes ago, pops said:

Hahahahaha

Fuck aggy Bob right in the goat ass. Klatt is going to have bobkebabs this week and it will be glorious. And Bob will 100% fall back on the he's neutral no dog in this fight bullshit that he always does. 

Don't be a bitch. Bob has loved Ewers since OU last season when he thought Ewers would be a 1-1.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Stringer said:

There is plenty to complain about with Bob, but he has always been complementary of Ewers and expected him to be a top QB in the draft.  

yes but you see if all Ticket hosts do not say something gushingly positive about our team 100% of the time then they (a) hate us and want us to fail (and/or don't talk about us the proper amount) and (b) are "sucking off" [insert team/player] because...well, as Junior has long noted and has long been correct: college football fans are the most thin-skinned fans out there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

yes but you see if all Ticket hosts do not say something gushingly positive about our team 100% of the time then they (a) hate us and want us to fail (and/or don't talk about us the proper amount) and (b) are "sucking off" [insert team/player] because...well, as Junior has long noted and has long been correct: college football fans are the most thin-skinned fans out there.

College football and European soccer are quite similar in all facets.
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, mdleast said:

P1s are just on average dorky pieces of shit. That ticket reddit is full of them and might somehow be bottom 10 percent in reddit shittiness. What kind of moron has time to listen to every show on the station in full? They act like it's ruining their lives McClearin and Mino have host jobs now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

P1s are just on average dorky pieces of shit. That ticket reddit is full of them and might somehow be bottom 10 percent in reddit shittiness. What kind of moron has time to listen to every show on the station in full? They act like it's ruining their lives McClearin and Mino have host jobs now. 

ticket reddit is a tiny fraction of p1s.  it is obvious to everyone here that you are a painfully average dorky piece of shit, though.  kudos, bitch. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

While this is funny to make fun of Corby, hard to throw to stones when this was what half of Surly was saying last week

I never said it. Half of Surly, and frankly a large majority of Surly, is utterly idiotic. I can’t tell if Corby texted Bob that or what. I don’t really care. I’m done listening to them period. They’re a careless hack and a know it all dork. 

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I missed the Musers talking Texas Alabama. How was it?

It was fine other than they didn't devote an hour to sucking our dicks.  Not sure what Junior said in the past about Ewers, but he reiterated that he's always been a Ewers fan, and he fears the matchup in October.  Both basically thought this years team has the edge that last years team didn't.  Nothing groundbreaking or original, but fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bluto said:

First segment of corby cfb talk was Colorado tv ratings/brand and Texas tech. Passing mention of Texas Bama, just that Deion ratings matched Texas. 

The 5:15 segment is/was all Texas-Bama and now they're doing Miami-aggy

Bob just said he's convinced Jimbo is getting fired this year.