If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

it’s the shake joint.  the ticket has produced worse radio. 

Not by much. Sean Bass never needs to leave the Ticker/Pre-Postgame Show host chair. He's terrible if he's asked to carry an actual show. Jake is pretty good but he aint ready to be a lead dog either.

Just now, C-Man said:

Not by much. Sean Bass never needs to leave the Ticker/Pre-Postgame Show host chair. He's terrible if he's asked to carry an actual show. Jake is pretty good but he aint ready to be a lead dog either.

Which part of Jake is pretty good outside of pure sports?  He's a less funny, more douchey, always the victim millennial Corby.

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Which part of Jake is pretty good outside of pure sports?  He's a less funny, more douchey, always the victim millennial Corby.

OK, maybe pretty good is a stretch. I think he's interesting -- at least moreso than any of the other dickbags that are the "new wave" -- Sam Madison, Sam Hale, TC, Jake, Sean (he's been there so long, hard to think of him as "new wave" -- maybe JV is a better term.

The pre-produced shit is the worst.  Does anyone laugh at an old symphony tune with Tom Gribbles voice trying to hit each note (and failing)?  Or how about the poor bastard that had to cut tape until he had Bill Parcells saying every word in "Everybody Hurts" and then put the whole song together.  It's so fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I mean the Musers without Gordo are pretty awful these days.  Maybe it's sports that landomatic doesn't like.

I like some sports, bits, music and politics.

I do not like when people try to talk sports when they have no fucking clue what they're talking about...Corby on several sports topics is a great example.

I do not like not-funny bits performed by people who are not funny and have no business attempting to try to be funny...Jake, Sean Bass.

I do not like when people try to perform serious music and can't sing to save their fucking life...Jub.

I do not like politics mixed in with my sports radio...Jake.

The Ticket for me is a lot like Surly.  All of the above guidelines apply here.  The difference is, we all get to argue with each other and call other people idiots and neg rep them and make them look stupid when they violate the rules here.  With the Ticket, we don't really have that luxury.  Our only outlet for that is to come to this thread and bitch about what sucks about the Ticket.

26 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I like some sports, bits, music and politics.

I do not like when people try to talk sports when they have no fucking clue what they're talking about...Corby on several sports topics is a great example.

I do not like not-funny bits performed by people who are not funny and have no business attempting to try to be funny...Jake, Sean Bass.

I do not like when people try to perform serious music and can't sing to save their fucking life...Jub.

I do not like politics mixed in with my sports radio...Jake.

Do you like trying new restaurants?

Do you only like the finest food?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

It’s depressing to me that the ticket hosts have great vacation benefits and yet 3 or 4 of them don’t take a vacation all year and when forced to take one at the end of the year they’re sitting at home watching sportscaster. Norm is the only one that understands how to take a real vacation. 

Management basically forces them to take these last two weeks as part of their vacation days because there are no ratings during this period.

I forgot about the trivial things on the ticket that annoy me until I just saw a picture of the ewok at ou on the espn.

I know Corby is an unabashed ou homer but my good God the last two days have been nothing but him sucking all the dicks. The royalty of college football re bama and ou? Ou has as many national titles the past 30 years as Colorado. And washington. Fuck off. 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, futureman said:

what do you have against john rhadigan?

Clearly, you do not watch Rangers games. The Ranger fan base is still trying to recover from the case of Rhaids in that short stint as our PBP announcer. 

"It's a caught!"

"Saddle up baseball, you're going for a ride!" - home run call. Usually came a minute or so after the ball cleared the fence because he had no idea to gauge distances.

Every ball hit into the outfield was sliced.

"It's time to play ball ya'll."

I can't listen to him on the ticket because it gives me PTSD.