If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

All the highly paid hosts who a month ago were too spoiled to do anything outside their little 4 hour window are now all going to be giving away their Sunday afternoon?

Wow, Rhyner really has put the fear of radio God into the ticket. They must be really afraid some of their shows will defect if it gets too far. If IHeart is willing to shell out bigger $$$ and lures the musers it's the beginning of game over for the ticket. 

All the ticket hosts (except Corby because he's a talentless idiot and Norm because he's a dinosaur) are secretly hoping the freak really catches on and starts a legitimate bidding war for their shows. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Meanwhile I hop over to freak morning show and hear Jules bitching to the other dorks about flounders appearance in the new mermaid movie. 

There's 0% chance the morning show survives intact. They just want to keep the transmitter warm for the team. Get a couple books under the station belt (and a couple contracts expire) then things will get interesting.

It won’t end well for Julie. She won’t willingly take a back seat for a new co-host brought in to take control of that show and make them competitive. She’ll interject herself clumsily and to the irritation of real talent like The Musers. I cannot imagine her lasting long with them, at all, and in fact if I’m them, I demand full authority of who is on the show, and she never sees one day on air with them. I think she’s destined to get canned. She and her tranny face and big ass nose. 

All the highly paid hosts who a month ago were too spoiled to do anything outside their little 4 hour window are now all going to be giving away their Sunday afternoon?
Wow, Rhyner really has put the fear of radio God into the ticket. They must be really afraid some of their shows will defect if it gets too far.

f9365c4f58b38c161388c032390cf1bc.gif
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

They've done this before a few times. It's just been a while. If the Freak caused this then great. We all benefit. 

There's 0% chance the morning show survives intact. They just want to keep the transmitter warm for the team. Get a couple books under the station belt (and a couple contracts expire) then things will get interesting.

That’s what I thought when I saw that lineup. Cannon fodder until they can lure someone good enough(brave enough?) to take on The Musers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

They've done this before a few times. It's just been a while. If the Freak caused this then great. We all benefit. 

They haven't done it in years. 

They're finally feeling some heat and the need to step their game up after being lazy for quite a while. Competition is good for the consumer

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It will be interesting how they interface with each other these days. They haven’t done much of this in years, we have some new folks sure to want to tweak some noses. I’m hoping for a total Corby meltdown/ beat down.

If OGW makes these guys work hard again that’s great. They will either show how fat lazy and indifferent they’ve become, or get back in a groove.

It’s interesting Ticket is stunt programming basically against the perceived threat of Mike alone. Nothing else on the station screams I’m stealing your book. And if they don’t torpedo Julie quickly she’ll damage the place. She just can’t help stepping all over everyone else’s shit.

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

They haven't done it in years. 

They're finally feeling some heat and the need to step their game up after being lazy for quite a while. Competition is good for the consumer

Did they not do it last year? Thought they did. Maybe it was the 2020 season.

38 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It will be interesting how they interface with each other these days. They haven’t done much of this in years, we have some new folks sure to want to tweak some noses. I’m hoping for a total Corby meltdown/ beat down.

If OGW makes these guys work hard again that’s great. They will either show how fat lazy and indifferent they’ve become, or get back in a groove.

It’s interesting Ticket is stunt programming basically against the perceived threat of Mike alone. Nothing else on the station screams I’m stealing your book. And if they don’t torpedo Julie quickly she’ll damage the place. She just can’t help stepping all over everyone else’s shit.

Holy shit, I agree with you. 

Sooooooo ...

This past late Saturday afternoon, the Consort and I are driving to a party. We have the Alabama - Tennessee game on the radio. It is being broadcast on the Ticket.

Not much time left on the clock. Bama is driving. The Suspenders is building. 

Then, about 20 seconds left in the game. It is 4th down. Bama trots out its field goal team. They are lining up for the snap ... and THEN ...

STATIC... MORE STATIC ... THEN ...

Welcome to the TICKET.  This is the Dallas Stars Pre-game show!

Well, we get to the party in less than 5 minutes. I ask about the game ... "So, I presume Bama won?"

"Oh no... it was an epic finish! Tennessee won! It was incredible!

Now, I believe that the switch over was probably automatic... but even still, what a huge fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Give me my Dallas Stars pregame show over the finish of any bullshit non University of Texas football game any day. 

This is why you’re a fucking idiot. 

41 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s all about finding things in common, amigo.

You can shut the fuck up. Amigo. 

30 minutes ago, pops said:

True... but that was the best one ever. 

That has always been an automatic punch out for me, and I love HZ. The guy doesn’t even work there anymore, why are they still calling him? It’s one of the few segments where I think Dan and Jake are just way off base on what their listeners want to hear or think is funny, even if it’s a bit. It’s just terrible. 

9 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

It’s a Dallas sports talk radio station. Why the hell would you want to listen to some weirdo talk dancing with the stars over a local sports segment? Give me a Mavs segment all day over that. 

Or complete segments on baby delivery room talk...jfc.  

I'm glad Rhyner is back on the radio, his afternoon drivetime can't be worse than the Hardline.  

6 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

It is. Rhyner sucks

I listen to the Downbeat via podcast so I can pick and choose. It’s a rough listen for most of that show. 75% of that show every day is how great is that  they’re working together and ticket references. I’m worn out on that. 

Every time I tune into the Downbeat it just strikes me as fairly boring. But I always thought Rhyner was a massive asshole. I would tune in a lot more if it was just Sirois or Cirque. I don't need anymore of the Oak Cliff Con Man. I got my fill for 20 years. 

Edited by mdmost

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This was several years ago and it's secondhand at best. He gives us a little bit of info, but he's protective and I get that. 

I mean...he doesn't even use his first name on the air. As opposed to pretty much every other host in the history of the station he has really guarded his privacy and basically let no one know anything about him. 

Littlekidrespecthattip.gif

I mean...he doesn't even use his first name on the air. As opposed to pretty much every other host in the history of the station he has really guarded his privacy and basically let no one know anything about him. 
Littlekidrespecthattip.gif

Gordo was savvy enough to understand that local celebrity can be a curse for one’s personal life. I respect the hell out of him. I don’t think he will ever discuss his family and I think flat out refuse any stunt programming or bits like Corby and others do with theirs. Those might be the most uncomfortable bits on the station.
  • Hook 'Em 1