If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

The guy who regularly gets destroyed in tennis by Corby's kid has a rumor that Danny is next to go to the Freak and that the Hang Zone may move over in 2023. I think that's more HZ leveraging the Freak for more money which they rightfully deserve. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The guy who regularly gets destroyed in tennis by Corby's kid has a rumor that Danny is next to go to the Freak and that the Hang Zone may move over in 2023. I think that's more HZ leveraging the Freak for more money which they rightfully deserve. 

the Danny stuff makes some sense (third voice for downbeat)

19 hours ago, bluto said:

Ya Barry is slipping, seems kinda sudden. 

Kinda worn out on Barry now. Same stories for years, the “I was recruiting black players way before Texas, I told D Royal that in 1970! *laughs*” 

Yes Barry, we get it. Hear the same story every year. 

Capt obvious and it def offsets summer sports calendar, but damn these guys are cruise control during football season. Day of cowboy rehash, day of local college rehash, day of national review, then previews for next wk/follow up on early week stories. 

12 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Hang Zone was great today. Prob not a common opinion but I'm finding I like Dan and Monty better than Dan and Jake. Friday was a great show too. 

It’s the second best combo behind Dan/Jake these days. Strong combo 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

weren’t there rumors monty was going to the freak?  I guess not. 

He’s essentially all they have for 6th man now, mino isn’t quite there yet, so he’s gonna get quite a bit of air. Not sure where he would fit in on the freak as he and chael had their (hilarious) issues. 

Calm your tits. You'll get your bowl of blood. And the Cowboys are different and you know it. They never spend an entire show breaking down a college football game. They do with every Cowboys game. That's why they start at 5:35 on Mondays and that's usually with coach and Jerry audio. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

I will keep bitching about way too much Cow and not nearly enough college. They don't have to jump right to ou sux. There is a whole world of college worth talking, but they don't wanna because the P1s are mean.

Fuck'em. Courage boys my ass. They said the two subjects they want to talk least are politics and college football.

Wimp out every chance they get.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

I will keep bitching about way too much Cow and not nearly enough college. They don't have to jump right to ou sux. There is a whole world of college worth talking, but they don't wanna because the P1s are mean.

Fuck'em. Courage boys my ass. They said the two subjects they want to talk least are politics and college football.

Like it or not, this is a professional sports town first and foremost and the Cowboys are 4-1. Half the stadium -- if not more -- in LA this past weekend was cheering for the Cowboys. It's one of the most well-known franchises in the entire world. It's going to be discussed ad nauseum.

At any rate, Junior discussed the game and said some very nice things about Sark and Ewers and Texas in general. Said OU is in a dark, dark place. Not much else to add to that, not after taking a 49-0 haymaker.

34 minutes ago, C-Man said:

d some very nice things about Sark and Ewers

I heard it. I know a spare ass preseason game will outdraw a baseball playoff. It's stupid. 

If they were 1-4 it would be worse. Non-stop examinations of everything. Even in the offseason they are topic numero uno. Jerry will say some wildass shit. One of the episodes of Cowboys Dramarama might pop up. Like a fun baby. Or a machine gun couch. Or a white house and what you call a roach.

It's a beating. 

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I heard it. I know a spare ass preseason game will outdraw a baseball playoff. It's stupid. 

If they were 1-4 it would be worse. Non-stop examinations of everything. Even in the offseason they are topic numero uno. Jerry will say some wildass shit. One of the episodes of Cowboys Dramarama might pop up. Like a fun baby. Or a machine gun couch. Or a white house and what you call a roach.

It's a beating. 

A beating yes, but still way better than baseball.

Nothing that hasn't been speculated about here: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-brett-maher-espn-aaron-judge-freak-ceedee-lamb-rams

*Remember that radio industry source that whispered to me that Mike Rhyner was coming out of retirement and then it … happened? Well, same source says the roster shuffling isn’t over. First of all, I’m told that long-time Ticket producer Danny Balis will join The Freak once his non-compete clause expires. Pretty common sensical to connect those dots. But, bigger and more surprising, Ticket midday Hang Zone hosts Jake Kemp and Dan McDowell are seriously considering bolting for The Freak in early 2023. Again, I won’t believe it until I hear it, but …

How has Sirois non compete expired but Danny's hasn't.  Or did Sirois not have one?  I am assuming non competes are SOP in the radio biz, but I'd think it's probably normally limited to hosts that typically sign multi year contracts.  Do they structure producer contracts the same way and not even pay their age in salary?  

47 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Whitt will hit big on a scoop and then follow it up with a lot of speculation disguised as an actual scoop - same shit he's been doing for years.

Jake and Dan are smart and may have floated that out there to help their bottom line at Cumulus.  I can't see them moving unless the Freak gave them drive time, and I doubt either of them want mornings (plus, I doubt the Freak would dump its morning show that quickly).  But who knows anymore.

4 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Whitt will hit big on a scoop and then follow it up with a lot of speculation disguised as an actual scoop - same shit he's been doing for years.

Jake and Dan are smart and may have floated that out there to help their bottom line at Cumulus.  I can't see them moving unless the Freak gave them drive time, and I doubt either of them want mornings (plus, I doubt the Freak would dump its morning show that quickly).  But who knows anymore.

The Freak's morning show is their weakest.  I'm not a Ben & Skin fan, but they at least have broadcasting experience.  The station just put their leftovers on mornings, knowing they aren't going to compete.

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

How has Sirois non compete expired but Danny's hasn't.  Or did Sirois not have one?  I am assuming non competes are SOP in the radio biz, but I'd think it's probably normally limited to hosts that typically sign multi year contracts.  Do they structure producer contracts the same way and not even pay their age in salary?  

I know when Sirois left, he wasn't currently under contract.  I don't know if it ran out and he was in the process of renegotiating or if he never had one.  But I know he wasn't under one when he left and was not under any non-compete.

It's a beating. 

Har har! I am the P1 you hate. I wish it was all Cowboys. If they start yammering about mowing the yard, the Mavs, most college sports, baseball, I’m flipping.
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah I agree, Ever since The Ticket started I never understood why they steadfastly believed that college football had to take a backseat to every single professional sport in the city. I can guarantee you that way more people are interested in college football than the fucking Rangers and Stars. And given that it takes place in the fall more people are interested in college football during that time of year than even the Mavericks, yet for some reason these guys all believe that college football is way down the list below the EPL and golf. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Like it or not, this is a professional sports town first and foremost and the Cowboys are 4-1. Half the stadium -- if not more -- in LA this past weekend was cheering for the Cowboys. It's one of the most well-known franchises in the entire world. It's going to be discussed ad nauseum.

At any rate, Junior discussed the game and said some very nice things about Sark and Ewers and Texas in general. Said OU is in a dark, dark place. Not much else to add to that, not after taking a 49-0 haymaker.

What does that fucking mean on Tuesday, October 11th 2022? Of course the Cowboys come first, second, third, and fourth, but what does being a professional sport town even mean?  Do you really believe that people care more about the Rangers or Stars than college football right now? TV ratings say the opposite.