If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

8 hours ago, futureman said:

it absolutely won't.  come on, norm is a legend and a hall of famer.  just because we would tune in to sirois doesn't mean the majority of dipshits out there are going to do the same.  norm is bigger than you realize.  he has a following, and it's bigger than mike sirois'.

yeah maybe not. 

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

Good for him but I wonder how long it will be till he acts as disinterested in this as he did in hosting the HL. Corby and Danny became a bigger presence on that show because Rhyner only cared about baseball or stories about music and mountain lions in Los Angeles. Competition will be good for the Ticket and if Sirois is involved, I might tune over during segments I don't care about on the Ticket. 

if he's plugged in, great.

if not, it isn't going to last very long.

did he even string together a full week of being fully interested in the last 12 months he was with the ticket?

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

if he's plugged in, great.

if not, it isn't going to last very long.

did he even string together a full week of being fully interested in the last 12 months he was with the ticket?

After you were saddled with Corby for years and no foreseeable way out would you be plugged in?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, RPM said:

After you were saddled with Corby for years and no foreseeable way out would you be plugged in?

disinterested mike is what led to the downfall of the HL anyway. airtime has to be filled, if mike is going to not be interested then one of corby or danny have to fill it.

disinterested mike is what gave us the corby we have today.

again, he may be energized again and be ready to kill it, but he sure didn't seem to be that interested in his podcasts and he absolutely was phoning it in the last few years he was on the ticket UNLESS IT WAS A TOPIC HE CARED ABOUT. that works out when your other 2 hosts are Craig and George and they can fill the time. that doesn't work out very well when your other 2 voices are Corby and Danny.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

disinterested mike is what led to the downfall of the HL anyway. airtime has to be filled, if mike is going to not be interested then one of corby or danny have to fill it.

Or, stay with me, you hire someone that kept the OGW interested in the conversation instead of saddling him with yuck monkeys.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

A Cumulus Media station

When Greggo was fired in 2007, they had about a 3 month span of running every spare on the planet in as a +1 for Rhyner. All of them sucked, including that f'ing hack who loses tennis matches to little kids, Richie Whitt. Cat found that nothing fit as well as just making it Rhyner and Corby. Rhyner had a say in it. If he hadn't he would've left when his contract was up. So Rhyner had almost 13 years that he could've left at any point if he really hated working with Corby. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, futureman said:

it absolutely won't.  come on, norm is a legend and a hall of famer.  just because we would tune in to sirois doesn't mean the majority of dipshits out there are going to do the same.  norm is bigger than you realize.  he has a following, and it's bigger than mike sirois'.

Does he?  Who exactly are these people? Are they really following "Norm" or do they just tune into the Ticket.   I'm rarely listening during that time slot but when I do it's pretty awful.  Donny seems miserable without Sirois.  

24 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Does he?  Who exactly are these people? Are they really following "Norm" or do they just tune into the Ticket.   I'm rarely listening during that time slot but when I do it's pretty awful.  Donny seems miserable without Sirois.  

Norm apparently bills more than any other host

• Hook 'Em 2

The strength of the Ticket is the habit of the P1. Musers to norm to thru the day. The handoff segments smoothly segue from one show to next; folks don’t hit the button.

I like the idea of three strong sports stations. I liked being able to flip from one to the next when one yakked about shit I didn’t care about. It will breed more talent from competition. 103 died after Galloway retired.

I don’t listen as much as I used to but I’ll give every new show a shot. I’m so tired of Junior griping. I’m sure the fan will make some changes as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's pretty clear Rhyner wasn't retiring from radio, he was fed up with the Ticket and how it was being run. 

The timing on this looks like he had this plan possibly from the beginning but then the pandemic hit so it got shelved a bit. Once things rebounded the negotiations resumed and things like Danny and Sirois leaving as well as Cavanaugh abruptly leaving the Fan seem timed up well to this. Looks like Mike's invested a lot of time and effort to getting this up and running so I bet he's definitely not checked out on this. He's probably got that competitive fire again that he had early on at the ticket. He won't be the same younger guy as before but I think whatever he has left he's going to put it all in to this venture. 

For the KEGL all they had running was the remnants of Russ Martin's show. I wonder if Rhyner was involved at all in Ben and Skin getting the early afternoon slot on there? 

37 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’m hoping Corby is having dreams of his head on a spike. Maybe he’s checking out that PD gig in Ardmore.

Maybe you should check out a psychiatrist to deal with your derangement over Ticket hosts you hate so much but still tune in to listen to every day.  

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 2

I would guess any and all drops, bits, and tags from Rhyner were archived yesterday. His name never to be mentioned again nor his voice heard.

You know there’s a lot of lower level folks at the Ticket thinking “Go Mike! Give me a call!”

It’s going to be interesting how Cumulus fights back. Some accountants are doing some analysis on the current model vs a new sports model vs shifting to a Mexican Novela station.

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It's pretty clear Rhyner wasn't retiring from radio, he was fed up with the Ticket and how it was being run. 

The timing on this looks like he had this plan possibly from the beginning but then the pandemic hit so it got shelved a bit. Once things rebounded the negotiations resumed and things like Danny and Sirois leaving as well as Cavanaugh abruptly leaving the Fan seem timed up well to this. Looks like Mike's invested a lot of time and effort to getting this up and running so I bet he's definitely not checked out on this. He's probably got that competitive fire again that he had early on at the ticket. He won't be the same younger guy as before but I think whatever he has left he's going to put it all in to this venture. 

For the KEGL all they had running was the remnants of Russ Martin's show. I wonder if Rhyner was involved at all in Ben and Skin getting the early afternoon slot on there? 

There is zero chance Rhynes is taking any initiative with this. He got a big offer and took it. Probably just for 2-3 years to try to get it off the ground

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:25 PM, futureman said:

I guess anything could happen but gordo is on record saying he will never leave the ticket.

I was going to stay at my old job forever until there was a significant change. I hung on for the money, then abruptly quit without another gig, because the environment had become so toxic. Best move I ever made. 

On 9/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, sasquatch69 said:

Timeslot breakdown has not been mentioned yet, but if Rhyner and Sirois take afternoons, I’d be Team Musers in the am and Team Freak in the pm. 

Full link since I only see screenshot above:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-radio-station-freak-eagle-mike-rhyner-ticket-news

Yo tambien. I’d never listen to The HL again. 

On 9/25/2022 at 12:53 PM, sasquatch69 said:

I also wonder if this portends a return of Danny Balis to the airwaves.

This would strengthen the new place significantly for me. Jer and Julie would be detriments, Julie a huge one. 

On 9/25/2022 at 6:31 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Rhynes will get my P1. He is a broadcaster. No one left on the HL is anymore which is why it’s mostly unlistenable. I want Mike to cut Corby’s heart out and show it to him.

What is the Musers contract term? Another note would Mike snag Norm for a couple hours? Norm get ad dollars like no one else.

So what would you do if you’re the PD at the ticket? Stand Pat? Or work on a counter strike now?

First of all, you post too much. Second of all, stop fucking posting about Norm’s ad dollars. You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. Third, I doubt Mike would pursue that stupid weirdo Polish fuck is Mike had AIDS and Norm had the cure. 

On 9/25/2022 at 7:25 PM, Skipper said:

Rhyner was horrible the last 5+ years.  Bob (and Corby at times) still drive me crazy but HL has gotten much better with the addition of Dave.  I might tune in for Sirois (regardless of who he is paired with) but doubt I'll listen to anyone else.  Put Sirois up against Norm though and I bet he wins that slot.  Bet Donovan wishes he could join him.

Sirois would slay Norm head to head. I don’t know one person who likes or ever listens to Norm. His ratings are meh. The only time I ever about him is ratings fuckhead Texzilla. 

On 9/25/2022 at 9:23 PM, Assman said:

Give me Rhines and the Sea Cow over Bob and Corby all day.  I really hope the Mikes take afternoon drive.

Me too. I’m actively rooting for this to happen. I hope he totally fucks over Cumulus, Corby and particularly Bob. And I hope Davey ultimately joins him.