If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

You boys weren't kidding about that Klatt segment. 

Bob:  Well I guess a program of that caliber should always have a backup plan at quarterback for when their quarterback gets hurt in week 2. And they didn't have one.

Klatt:  And what caliber is that, Bob? Average? Because that's exactly what they've been for the last century.

The Daily Show Boom GIF

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

I find it interesting when those (like Bob) make the "well we didn't have Hayes King for most of last season" argument as to why they had the record they did and why they will be better this season, given I don't recall him looking that great in those first games he did play...Colorado in particular.  Heck, I even recall Finebaum making this same point at some time later in the season last year.

2 hours ago, XForce said:

Davey is the main reason I listen to the HL. He calls them out on their bullshit. If Texas has a good year he’s going to let them know it. 

I have no idea if Texas is a program he's ever rooted for in anything, and if I had to guess it would be no. 

But I bet by the end of this season he'll be almost as big a fan as we are if this team wins and wins big. The ability to throw it at them in little digs will be just too good to ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe Cumulus and Sports Day should stop trying to force in multiple break-in ad during segments because it sure seemed like when it went down for my coincided with 3 TXU Energy spots that kept breaking in during Peter King. 

Those aren't real ad breaks. Anytime there is a disruption in the stream connection, there is automatically an ad placement when the connection comes back up. So the disruption causes the ad break, not the other way around

3 hours ago, XForce said:

does anyone else cringe when the HZ talks college football? 

I didn’t think it’s as too cool how Jake acted towards Blake. I mean what does Blake know? He’s actually at the games. 

Happy for Blake. Dude is busting his ass outside of the station work. 

wtf-christian-bale.gif

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Argyle, UNT and TCU?

leonardo-di-caprio-idgaf.gif

he’s working his ass off and there’s a high chance we get him on homer call at   some point. 

I hated losing Danny and Sirois but they weren’t grinding. I’m pulling for Blake to make it so if that means I give a shit so be it. 

11 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Those aren't real ad breaks. Anytime there is a disruption in the stream connection, there is automatically an ad placement when the connection comes back up. So the disruption causes the ad break, not the other way around

Are you sure?  Let’s ask @Texzilla58to be sure….

1 hour ago, XForce said:

he’s working his ass off and there’s a high chance we get him on homer call at   some point. 

I hated losing Danny and Sirois but they weren’t grinding. I’m pulling for Blake to make it so if that means I give a shit so be it. 

I like Blake. But he’s not Sirois and he’s not Danny. Danny could’ve been Davey and made himself more indispensable to the show but what made him great - his irreverence - totally disappeared and he bowed down and cowered to Bob, who is a nerd of the largest magnitude. I get why Corby didn’t initially - he was trying to play nice as the other co-host and confrontation amongst coworkers isn’t his style. Danny should’ve put his foot down when Bob joined and said I want official yuk monkey 3rd wheel status. He didn’t, mailed it in, and now the show is improved without him. 

Listening to Tennis Bob today was maddening. It was funny to have Corby chime in to make fun of him at times. Corby has gotten a lot better about letting others have their moments, like US Open Bob today, but then will crash down and subtly put him in his place at times. 

Edited by Porterhouse

I like Blake. But he’s not Sirois and he’s not Danny. Danny could’ve been Davey and made himself more indispensable to the show but what made him great - his irreverence - totally disappeared and he bowed down and cowered to Bob, who is a nerd of the largest magnitude. I get why Corby didn’t initially - he was trying to play nice as the other co-host and confrontation amongst coworkers isn’t his style. Danny should’ve put his foot down when Bob joined and said I want official yuk monkey 3rd wheel status. He didn’t, mailed it in, and now the show is improved without him. 
Listening to Tennis Bob today was maddening. It was funny to have Corby chime in to make fun of him at times. Corby has gotten a lot better about letting others have their moments, like US Open Bob today, but then will crash down and subtly put him in his place at times. 

I think it boils down to Dave being a more natural radio performer than Danny could ever be. He’s got a sharper wit and seems to let the game come to him for the most part. I love Danny but the show is much, much better than it was. Ideally, you add Davey as a co-host and keep Danny as producer.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I think it boils down to Dave being a more natural radio performer than Danny could ever be. He’s got a sharper wit and seems to let the game come to him for the most part. I love Danny but the show is much, much better than it was. Ideally, you add Davey as a co-host and keep Danny as producer.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Dave is confident in and comfortable with himself, Danny was a bag of insecurity outside of music (the vast majority of which I’m not a fan of anyhow). 

All true. Danny’s fake spots and musical intros off air were Danny at his finest. The 4 intros to Mike’s Mind are the best. Country, Techno, Tejano and fucking Green Acres. That and unintentional comedy like constantly not listening on the air, and Directions Danny, and blowing up at callers like John in Plano.