If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

30 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Does anyone know where this vocal contingent of Texas fans that bitch about Horns down are hiding?  Turn on my radio, and first thing I hear are the aggy and sooner dicksucks on the HL chuckling about Horns down as if it's anyone other than the media that constantly brings it up.

Beats me. I can't recall anybody in an official capacity every saying anything about it publicly. Maybe Herman did once or twice around the West Virginia game when Will Grier acted like a jackass, I don't know. Personally, I don't like it and think it's clearly taunting by the letter of the law but I don't really GAF beyond that. If somebody wants to make an enforceable penalty, more power to them.

Frankly, Kirk Bohls deserves a lot of the blame. Believe it was 2020 (2021?) media days where he asked the Big 12 commissioner to clarify if the taunting penalty applied to horns down. That's all it took for the media to run with the soundbite and now every fanbase is sure that UT asked the Big 12 office to install a "horns down rule".

Edited by LonghornSean

Didn’t it gain traction with Bohls after Texas players got a couple of penalties for holstering finger guns at Tech and some other hand gesture team celebration?

Seems like all the sudden it was being talked about in terms of the horns down.

I never really cared other than I would comment that it’s amusing to see some ou inbred flashing it when playing Iowa State or some Iowa state playing Iowa and a horns down gets flashed when panning the crowd going to commercial.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

bob referred to aggy -18 as "free money" last week.  cannot wait for joel klatt to spray fart in aggy bob's face.

45 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Cant wait for Sturm’s apologetics for Aggy on Monday. He probably had to stop at Jimbo’s house this afternoon on the way home to provide a coprophagic massage on Coach’s $10 million rectum.

This is me looking forward to him discussing Haynes King next week

evil-laugh-rub-hands.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Bob is going to say he saw this coming all along bc Jimbo's offense is stuck in the 2000s

In his defense, and I hate defending that doucher, he has been critical is Jimbo’s offense. 

25 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Klatt watching the aggy debacle...

625.jpg

Klatt is Rocko?

On 9/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, C-Man said:

Beats me. I can't recall anybody in an official capacity every saying anything about it publicly. Maybe Herman did once or twice around the West Virginia game when Will Grier acted like a jackass, I don't know. Personally, I don't like it and think it's clearly taunting by the letter of the law but I don't really GAF beyond that. If somebody wants to make an enforceable penalty, more power to them.

I'm pretty sure Mack said something about it back in the day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm pretty sure Mack said something about it back in the day. 

you got it

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/05/mack-browns-hates-horns-down/1684031/

"The horns down is disrespectful," Brown said at his weekly press conference. "We ought to talk about that as a league."

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Nobody could go on and on about petty bullshit to near the extent that Mack could. 

Mack was always wordy and that grated on people during the 0-4 OU streak. But by 2012, his time was spent on the mundane and petty bullshit like this, versus things that mattered. Like recruiting linemen and QBs. I can’t imagine Herman saying anything like that, but would openly make fun of Drew Lock. Sark isn’t going to lower himself to even commenting on it other than to publicly say it doesn’t matter. Privately, he could tell his team to hit the other team in the mouth. Who gives a fuck if the fans are doing it. That it’s a an unsportsmanlike flag now just makes it worse.  Acknowledging it in any fashion is Aggy. 

The Musers brought back "Biggest Show Coming to Town" today for the first time since the pandemic started more than two years ago. I've always enjoyed that segment, especially since the segments they used as fill-ins ceased to be interesting in 2020.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Mack was always wordy and that grated on people during the 0-4 OU streak. But by 2012, his time was spent on the mundane and petty bullshit like this, versus things that mattered. Like recruiting linemen and QBs. I can’t imagine Herman saying anything like that, but would openly make fun of Drew Lock. Sark isn’t going to lower himself to even commenting on it other than to publicly say it doesn’t matter. Privately, he could tell his team to hit the other team in the mouth. Who gives a fuck if the fans are doing it. That it’s a an unsportsmanlike flag now just makes it worse.  Acknowledging it in any fashion is Aggy. 

It is textbook taunting if done on the field by an opposing player and should be flagged. Period. But nobody on our side needs to address the issue -- before the game, during the game or after the game. If it's called, it's called. If it's not called, it's not called. Move on. Rip throats regardless.

The Musers brought back "Biggest Show Coming to Town" today for the first time since the pandemic started more than two years ago. I've always enjoyed that segment, especially since they basically since the segments they used as fill-ins ceased to be interesting in 2020.

If anybody misses it Craig Way does it now so it’s even more boring.

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It is textbook taunting if done on the field by an opposing player and should be flagged. Period. But nobody on our side needs to address the issue -- before the game, during the game or after the game. If it's called, it's called. If it's not called, it's not called. Move on. Rip throats regardless.

That it’s a flag is ridiculous, unless an opposing player is getting in your face. It makes us look like complaining bitches. 

8 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

That it’s a flag is ridiculous, unless an opposing player is getting in your face. It makes us look like complaining bitches. 

I think the Will Grier "Horns Down" stuff should be a flag. If some idiots are doing it on the sideline in reaction to opposing fans, it's a nothingburger. But if it's done on the field, it should be a flag. But, yes, I agree that we shouldn't complain about it.

That was the complaint going around back then. Not that someone was doing it on the sideline or in the stands. It’s that everyone was getting flagged for doing “gunholstering” or mocking the gatorchomp but someone would score on Texas and start flashing the horns down etc…

I didn’t care either way, it just means everyone always has Texas on their mind.

You guys are all missing the point. Think back to the Rose Bowl. Know why Vince doesn’t hook ‘em while scoring? Because that’s a taunting penalty. Know why Justin Tucker didn’t hook ‘em after the Aggie game FG? Because it’s a taunting penalty. 

this goes back almost 20 years. Roy Williams hooked ‘em after a long TD and was flagged. Mack pointed out that opponents should then be flagged for the upside down horns. Tit for tat and that’s how we got here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You guys are all missing the point. Think back to the Rose Bowl. Know why Vince doesn’t hook ‘em while scoring? Because that’s a taunting penalty. Know why Justin Tucker didn’t hook ‘em after the Aggie game FG? Because it’s a taunting penalty. 

this goes back almost 20 years. Roy Williams hooked ‘em after a long TD and was flagged. Mack pointed out that opponents should then be flagged for the upside down horns. Tit for tat and that’s how we got here. 

My bad.

I would like to apologize, uh, to all Texas fans…
  • Haha 1

I suspect this has been addressed before, but what the fuck is the last word in the Baker Brothers' jingle?  "Call Baker Brothers; it's great service _____!"  I just can't fill in that last word.  It sounds like "fun," but that doesn't make any sense at all.  And now it's stuck in my goddamned head and making me insane.

I’d like someone who has time to do a deep dive into these advertisers on the ticket. Especially the ones with endorsements by hosts.

How many are BBB nightmares. Shitballs to their customers? Ripoff artists? Every host has a sewer problem, a favorite whiskey, and foundation problems. I bet most of these companies are crooks.