If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

What does that fucking mean on Tuesday, October 11th 2022? Of course the Cowboys come first, second, third, and fourth, but what does being a professional sport town even mean?  Do you really believe that people care more about the Rangers or Stars than college football right now? TV ratings say the opposite. 

Texas is first and foremost a football state. It should be cowboys then college football then high school football before any other sport. I believe folks would have more interest in big high school games and upcoming talent for college recruiting than know the Stars beat someone 2-1. Or anything Mavs. Or the Rangers losing again. Or fucking FC Dallas.

Hardline segment was 12 minutes of how ou is bad and 5 minutes of texas being ok I guess. Quinn is good but the defense still kinda isn’t great and we need to watch out. Oh and ou might win some more once Gabriel is back. Smdh. I expected it, but still. 

Didnt catch any of the other shows talk about it today. Imagine it was more of the same. Can’t wait for Klatt. 

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Texas is first and foremost a football state. It should be cowboys then college football then high school football before any other sport. I believe folks would have more interest in big high school games and upcoming talent for college recruiting than know the Stars beat someone 2-1. Or anything Mavs. Or the Rangers losing again. Or fucking FC Dallas.

Calm down man.  People actually care about the Mavericks.  Albeit, not as much in early October.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, fellside said:

Sure Corby, the 2005 Texas team didnt out talent the Sooners.

Even as he admits defeat, he tries to claim OU has been better every single year for 22 years.

That’s not what he said. He said he wasn’t as resigned to knowing they were gonna get their ass kicked as this year - not even during ‘05. And the talent disparity at RB, QB and WR was more glaring in this game. And he’s right. He said he knew they’d lose in ‘05 and ‘09. He said that today and Friday. 

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Hardline segment was 12 minutes of how ou is bad and 5 minutes of texas being ok I guess. Quinn is good but the defense still kinda isn’t great and we need to watch out. Oh and ou might win some more once Gabriel is back. Smdh. I expected it, but still. 

Didnt catch any of the other shows talk about it today. Imagine it was more of the same. Can’t wait for Klatt. 

Musers spent more time on the Texas side and it wasn’t George leading it. I thought Junior and Corby were fine with their comments. The stories from the game were 1) WTF has happened to OU and 2) Quinn Ewers. Y’all shouldn’t try so hard to get pissed. Except at Texzilla. I’m just gonna start negging everything that dumb motherfucker says until he fucks off. 

For all my bitching Junior showed up. He knows they are fucked. He spoke well of Sark and sang praise of Mullet. 

I want more. Be brave Courage Boys. Tell me Jub about your kid in Argyle coaching them up. More HS football? Why yes! Please! More Fake Craig Way and HS football. 

@C-Man. It ain't pro. It's Cowboys. I'd listen to NHL. It only appears on my radio due to contractual obligations. Much to the chagrin of our fellow listeners. I have to go afield for my in depth Stars talk. I accept this.

But, that don't change the fact that they could talk football Other Than Cow but won't.

I doubt that Corby said ten syllables I might regret missing. 

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah I agree, Ever since The Ticket started I never understood why they steadfastly believed that college football had to take a backseat to every single professional sport in the city. I can guarantee you that way more people are interested in college football than the fucking Rangers and Stars. And given that it takes place in the fall more people are interested in college football during that time of year than even the Mavericks, yet for some reason these guys all believe that college football is way down the list below the EPL and golf. 

6 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

What does that fucking mean on Tuesday, October 11th 2022? Of course the Cowboys come first, second, third, and fourth, but what does being a professional sport town even mean?  Do you really believe that people care more about the Rangers or Stars than college football right now? TV ratings say the opposite. 

Not really sure how to answer you. Dallas is a professional sports town -- we have all four major sports covered with local teams. Pro sports will dominate the landscape, much like in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and so on down the line of major metropolitan areas with most (if not all) four major pro sports teams.

The main collegiate program in Dallas is SMU and it's garbage on the national scene. Football is the dominant sport right now and the Cowboys are arguably the most recognizable football team -- pro or college or otherwise -- in the entire fucking world so it will dominate the scene. I haven't heard the Rangers discussed in months on The Ticket. Same for the Stars or Mavericks and the EPL, though they're starting their season so it will start ticking up. Golf got some run as it was the dominant sports story for awhile with the summer majors and LIV bullshit. The shows hit CFB pretty good between segments around the Cowboys and NFL (the most popular sports league in the US) and bringing on Joel Klatt and Greg McElroy and Brian Jones.

What do you want them to focus on collegiately? The national scene? Texas? aggy? OU? TCU? SMU? 15.1M viewers tuned in for Texas-Bama. It was the fourth-highest rated college game in history for Fox. Five NFL games in Week 1 surpassed those numbers. It's gonna be Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys, a little NFL and a mix of college football that they seem to do a decent job of hitting the high notes and teams with concentrated alum numbers in DFW.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

For all my bitching Junior showed up. He knows they are fucked. He spoke well of Sark and sang praise of Mullet. 

I want more. Be brave Courage Boys. Tell me Jub about your kid in Argyle coaching them up. More HS football? Why yes! Please! More Fake Craig Way and HS football. 

@C-Man. It ain't pro. It's Cowboys. I'd listen to NHL. It only appears on my radio due to contractual obligations. Much to the chagrin of our fellow listeners. I have to go afield for my in depth Stars talk. I accept this.

But, that don't change the fact that they could talk football Other Than Cow but won't.

I doubt that Corby said ten syllables I might regret missing. 

Sorry, responded to @Catdaddyhorn before reading other replies. The Cowboys are the only team that gets discussed 12 months out of the year here. Those of us here love college football -- not everybody else does. I think The Ticket does a decent job of spreading the love among other sports and the big stories of the day around the jerkoff, current news stories. I love the Stars. I don't want to hear tons of in-depth hockey talk because we're not in Montreal or Toronto or Edmonton and not that many people in this town no enough about it to discuss it intelligently. Plus, hockey is a complete niche sport. Mavericks? I feel they talk plenty of Mavs. I grew up in SA and am a Spurs fans so IDGAF about the Mavs. The station talks the Rangers when they're good or something newsworthy is going on. If they were in the playoffs right now, they'd be fighting the Cowboys for airtime.

All I mean is that college sports will NEVER dominate sports radio in Dallas/Fort Worth. Ever. This is how it is in big cities with pro sports. Austin has become a big city but has ZERO pro sports and has one of the largest collegiate athletic programs in the US.

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah I agree, Ever since The Ticket started I never understood why they steadfastly believed that college football had to take a backseat to every single professional sport in the city. I can guarantee you that way more people are interested in college football than the fucking Rangers and Stars. And given that it takes place in the fall more people are interested in college football during that time of year than even the Mavericks, yet for some reason these guys all believe that college football is way down the list below the EPL and golf. 

It's not that they think people don't care about college football. It's how polarizing college football is and how no matter what they say they'll piss p1s off. They know they can talk about any of the Dallas pro sports and the vast majority of the listeners will either be a fan or indifferent. But with cfb when they praise one team a large part pf the listeners will get pissed and bitch. They don't seem to want to cause that kind of division among their listeners. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I also crave more college football talk but recognize that’s not gonna happen. Thus, after 10:00am every Monday during the football season, I listen to college football podcasts the rest of the day. While maybe not fair to the HZ and HL, after hearing 4 hours of the Musers talking Cowboys and NFL (and knowing there will be a little more on Tuesday), by 10:00am I am Cowboys’d out.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, mdleast said:

I also crave more college football talk but recognize that’s not gonna happen. Thus, after 10:00am every Monday during the football season, I listen to college football podcasts the rest of the day. While maybe not fair to the HZ and HL, after hearing 4 hours of the Musers talking Cowboys and NFL (and knowing there will be a little more on Tuesday), by 10:00am I am Cowboys’d out.

stars start on thursday.....

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I believe folks would have more interest in big high school games and upcoming talent for college recruiting than know the Stars beat someone 2-1. Or anything Mavs. 

Piling on this ridiculously idiotic take.  Yeah dude, nobody gives a shit about the last Dallas professional sports team to win a title that also happens to employ one of the top 5 players in the world (who led them to a conference finals appearance last summer). F all of that. Give us more Duncanville HS football coverage. JFC. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

Not really sure how to answer you. Dallas is a professional sports town -- we have all four major sports covered with local teams. Pro sports will dominate the landscape, much like in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston and so on down the line of major metropolitan areas with most (if not all) four major pro sports teams.

The main collegiate program in Dallas is SMU and it's garbage on the national scene. Football is the dominant sport right now and the Cowboys are arguably the most recognizable football team -- pro or college or otherwise -- in the entire fucking world so it will dominate the scene. I haven't heard the Rangers discussed in months on The Ticket. Same for the Stars or Mavericks and the EPL, though they're starting their season so it will start ticking up. Golf got some run as it was the dominant sports story for awhile with the summer majors and LIV bullshit. The shows hit CFB pretty good between segments around the Cowboys and NFL (the most popular sports league in the US) and bringing on Joel Klatt and Greg McElroy and Brian Jones.

What do you want them to focus on collegiately? The national scene? Texas? aggy? OU? TCU? SMU? 15.1M viewers tuned in for Texas-Bama. It was the fourth-highest rated college game in history for Fox. Five NFL games in Week 1 surpassed those numbers. It's gonna be Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys, a little NFL and a mix of college football that they seem to do a decent job of hitting the high notes and teams with concentrated alum numbers in DFW.

You keep claiming shit that simply isnt true. When it comes to sports consumption DFW isn't in any way comparable to New York, Chicago, Philly, or Boston. The Ticket has a weekend show devoted to the EPL so they quantifiably discuss it more than CFB. Not to mention their postgame Ranges and Stars shows.  

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It's not that they think people don't care about college football. It's how polarizing college football is and how no matter what they say they'll piss p1s off. They know they can talk about any of the Dallas pro sports and the vast majority of the listeners will either be a fan or indifferent. But with cfb when they praise one team a large part pf the listeners will get pissed and bitch. They don't seem to want to cause that kind of division among their listeners. 

This is a better answer and much more likely the reason CFB isn't discussed. But it's not because Dallas is a "pro sportstown" like cities in the Northeast. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

3 hours ago, mdleast said:

I do the same except usually the HZ is the first show I listen to. Then move on to something else. 

I dislike the NBA and Mavs so any time Mavs talk comes on I immediately hit the switch to something else. I bet that's what they fear most people will do with CFB talk that isn't about their team. 

I like the Stars most among any local pro teams but know I'll never get much Stars talk because even though it's the most loyal of the local fan bases it's still hockey in the south so it's the smallest unless they win a cup. I do take joy in knowing they piss all you off with 6 pm puck drops though. 

I've always found Jorts to kinda have a big bag of nothing when he's on IJB. Good for TC though. 

As far as CFB talk, I think having way too many constituencies to please is why the hosts opt for guests like Klatt, Brian Jones, and McElroy. They can touch the hottest local teams and then the national picture. Or they go with what they're passionate about like Corby which then turns fairly one-sided. But any Tech, Baylor, TCU, and SMU fan is going to get their panties in a bunch because the Ticket doesn't talk their teams enough. I'm just glad they don't have to shove SMU down our throats as the radio home of the Moustangs. It's bad enough we get boring ass Stars segments with their barely having a pulse players and head coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nolongerU2horn said:

TC confirmed he's hosting a weekend show on The Freak. Jorts Richardson co-hosting

Ha. It just went from bad to worse. I punched out pretty quickly on Mike & Mike. It’s not good. 

6 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

if you paid attention you would know that mdleast routinely complains about the show getting cut short due to stars coverage.  that was a comment for him.  not you.

you.  you are julie.  not me.  you.

?  I’m highly aware of mdleast’s bit. My post was called a JOKE. You would think a Dan disciple would understand. 

I would think that too if I had an overinflated view of the team I liked. Damn, Joel just Sturminated Bob. 

Bob: I thought you were a little harsh (on aggy) Saturday.

Corby: Here we go, Joel. Get ready.

Klatt: That’s fine. I would think that too if I had over-inflated view of the team I liked.

(Corby cackle)

Gen X Davey: That was a sick burn.

Awesome. Just awesome.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I do the same except usually the HZ is the first show I listen to. Then move on to something else. 

I dislike the NBA and Mavs so any time Mavs talk comes on I immediately hit the switch to something else. I bet that's what they fear most people will do with CFB talk that isn't about their team. 

I like the Stars most among any local pro teams but know I'll never get much Stars talk because even though it's the most loyal of the local fan bases it's still hockey in the south so it's the smallest unless they win a cup. I do take joy in knowing they piss all you off with 6 pm puck drops though. 

You think anyone here is pissed about less hardline?  Read the room. 

• Hook 'Em 1