If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

image.thumb.png.919c24f4d96c8fd77de0f48bf21bfdbd.png
It’s definitely personal…they’re trying to go head to head on the same day as Summer Bash?

I think it’s now more desperate than personal. Maybe it’s personal from the fact that all these losers are about to be unemployed again. The collapse of this station in the ratings is going to be a biz school case study.

They had so many advantages vs many other stations. A recognized brand and a solid FM signal and a consistent book. A recognized radio legend returning to do it again. A bunch of recognized local personalities that folks were eager to see step up that had been constrained at the Ticket. And also a primary competitor that had gotten complacent and was struggling a bit in jelling the pm drive team.

And what do they do? They fucked it up. Royally. Consistently declining in the ratings that could put them 30th in the market soon. By being plain arrogant. Expecting the audience to just migrate while failing to deliver five minutes of compelling content. Rhyner will get a big payday, the rest will be out of radio or working in secondary markets by the end of the year.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think it’s now more desperate than personal. Maybe it’s personal from the fact that all these losers are about to be unemployed again. The collapse of this station in the ratings is going to be a biz school case study.

They had so many advantages vs many other stations. A recognized brand and a solid FM signal and a consistent book. A recognized radio legend returning to do it again. A bunch of recognized local personalities that folks were eager to see step up that had been constrained at the Ticket. And also a primary competitor that had gotten complacent and was struggling a bit in jelling the pm drive team.

And what do they do? They fucked it up. Royally. Consistently declining in the ratings that could put them 30th in the market soon. By being plain arrogant. Expecting the audience to just migrate while failing to deliver five minutes of compelling content. Rhyner will get a big payday, the rest will be out of radio or working in secondary markets by the end of the year.

It's really quite simple -- the talent just isn't there. As much as we all liked Sirois, let's be really honest here -- he was pretty far down in the batting order at The Ticket. Danny was always best as a third wheel or producer who talked a little here, a little there. Rhyner is simply going through the motions at this point and will be gone soon. The rest of the lineup is Ticket/Fan castoffs. Ben & Skin try way too fucking hard. Julie fucking sucked at The Ticket. It doesn't help that the Mavericks are by far the most interesting sport to them and I'm a Spurs fan living behind enemy lines. I don't even know who the spares are on the morning show. It's just a weird setup -- get a bunch of sports talk show hosts to really not talk all that much about sports. I can't imagine why that doesn't work. It's just further testament to what The Ticket has built in 30 years.

The Ticket vs The Freak talk cracks me up so much because everyone seems to ignore the Fan that pulls in pretty good ratings without a big name like Rhyner or Sirois. They're consistently in the top 5 of the money demo and sometimes beat the Ticket in total listeners too. Wake me up when the Freak beats Dan Bongino re-runs on Saturday

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

The Ticket vs The Freak talk cracks me up so much because everyone seems to ignore the Fan that pulls in pretty good ratings without a big name like Rhyner or Sirois. They're consistently in the top 5 of the money demo and sometimes beat the Ticket in total listeners too. Wake me up when the Freak beats Dan Bongino re-runs on Saturday

the home of the Cowboys gets big ratings during Cowboys season? shocking.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Cracks me up too. They’re an utter non factor. I just heard Norm’s Mike Hamburger schtick. These idiots are calling him genius for that bit. It’s a perfect example of why Norm sucked ass. 

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

The FAN has the true sports nerd demo locked up pretty good. Their listeners want localized Dan Patrick/Jim Rome all sports, all the time type shit.

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The FAN has the true sports nerd demo locked up pretty good. Their listeners want localized Dan Patrick/Jim Rome all sports, all the time type shit.

This is me. I tried the Freak for a day or two and it was beyond bad. The Ticket never appealed to me.

While Shan and RJ suck and are cringe, Bobby Belt is good, and I like Gbag. Especially Crusty Brian B.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HonkeyVape said:

This is me. I tried the Freak for a day or two and it was beyond bad. The Ticket never appealed to me.

While Shan and RJ suck and are cringe, Bobby Belt is good, and I like Gbag. Especially Crusty Brian B.

You should start up a FAN thread. I’m sure it’d kick ass. 

If I’m not interested in what’s on the Ticket, or a junk for joy spot comes on, I go to the Fan. I’m ok with much of the content especially since it’s cowboys heavy. The Freak is just horrible radio. Even stranger are the Glenns, the Freak fan boys who dream of a Julie handjob and Sirois cooing in their ear. Their subreddit is filled with incel love for the station and hatred for the market that just can’t grasp the genius of the wtf format.

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Freak is just horrible radio.

The Downbeat is the only show I've spent much time listening to. It's an easy punch out from Bob & Snake. But the only time I listen is on days I have to work a 12 which thankfully isn't often. The morning show is awful and I've never liked Ben & Skin. 

The Downbeat is the only show I've spent much time listening to. It's an easy punch out from Bob & Snake. But the only time I listen is on days I have to work a 12 which thankfully isn't often. The morning show is awful and I've never liked Ben & Skin. 

So is your favorite bit Rhyner’s top ten beans or Danny sucky takes on music no one likes but him?

18 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So is your favorite bit Rhyner’s top ten beans or Danny sucky takes on music no one likes but him?

Ya know I missed the Top 10 Beans segment and historically I've never been a Danny fan. But I've noticed all of The Ticket's musical bits are from the morning show crew (Jub/Gordo) since the Knox City Knocker left.

I outlasted Norm?  Wow!  I moved my family to McKinney in 1999 from Corpus Christi, and Norm was still with the other station, paired up with a man, Leon?  Can't remember.  Seems like Norm moved to the Ticket soon after.  Norm was the cherry on top of the sundae at the time, it seemed. 

Btw, McKinney was about 34,000 people then and now I am guessing well over 200,000 now. 

Ticket was about 5 years old then?  I moved to Alaska about six months after this thread was started.  Now visiting the wife in SA, so no listening to Norm's last words, but will hear on YouTube I suppose.  

The other surprising thing to me is that Greggo is still alive.  I heard the Freak on YouTube..his show. 105 beers in one weekend and he was .41 at the hospital.  Should have died.  Not too surprising Rhyner couldn't stay away.  I agree with whomever said Mike will be gone by Christmas.  How long was Rhyner away?  He retired in December 2019?   Just before COVID I think.  

15 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

I outlasted Norm?  Wow!  I moved my family to McKinney in 1999 from Corpus Christi, and Norm was still with the other station, paired up with a man, Leon?  Can't remember.  Seems like Norm moved to the Ticket soon after.  Norm was the cherry on top of the sundae at the time, it seemed. 

Btw, McKinney was about 34,000 people then and now I am guessing well over 200,000 now. 

Ticket was about 5 years old then?  I moved to Alaska about six months after this thread was started.  Now visiting the wife in SA, so no listening to Norm's last words, but will hear on YouTube I suppose.  

The other surprising thing to me is that Greggo is still alive.  I heard the Freak on YouTube..his show. 105 beers in one weekend and he was .41 at the hospital.  Should have died.  Not too surprising Rhyner couldn't stay away.  I agree with whomever said Mike will be gone by Christmas.  How long was Rhyner away?  He retired in December 2019?   Just before COVID I think.  

image.gif.878cc9432f3779b34dd87bb4bea737e5.gif

2 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

Norm was still with the other station, paired up with a man, Leon?

Leon Simon (Leon the Barber). He was part of The Sports Brothers with Wally Lynn. He was a barber in South Dallas that used to call on with hot sports opinions and KLIF offered him a job. Think their show was 6-9 PM then he went to mornings w/Norm.

Edited by RPM

19 hours ago, RPM said:

Leon Simon (Leon the Barber). He was part of The Sports Brothers with Wally Lynn. He was a barber in South Dallas that used to call on with hot sports opinions and KLIF offered him a job. Think their show was 6-9 PM then he went to mornings w/Norm.

Thanks, so by the time I was commuting in 1999 from McKinney to Richardson Norm was working mornings with Leon.  Norm always had just a 2 hour show at the ticket, it seems.  I read one article where Norm thinks he is coming back for special events such as the NFL draft, fake Kentucky Derby etc.  Imo not a chance in hell, but what do I know.  

Great opportunity for Donny.  I would think the Ticket has been planning for this for a very very long time.  

Edited by JGrayDBU

As people started reminiscing about Norm, I knew he came from KLIF. But both my wife and I realized at the exact same moment that he was the guy on HSE that we HATED back in the day. We could not stand him on HSE. I had forgotten all about him and never realized the Ticket Norm was that guy. 

4 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

He generally pulled a 3.5-4. HL is now at a crushing 12-15 while he’s yanking his pud at about 1.5 in 29th spot. Just pathetic.

Out of curiosity, what kind of ratings do you get?

• Haha 2