If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

9 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

What’s your beef with big strong? He’s on the board op mt Rushmore. 

No real beef. Just a weirdo nerd. If there is a Mr. Rushmore there are 2 guys on it - @Grubes and David Mino. 

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No, it won’t.

It absolutely will. It’s failing in spectacular fashion and he of all people didn’t have to do it. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

It absolutely will. It’s failing in spectacular fashion and he of all people didn’t have to do it. 

It won't tarnish his career in the slightest. He will walk away in a year or so and that will be it.

It won't tarnish his career in the slightest. He will walk away in a year or so and that will be it.

Not to mention 100 years from now nobody is going to give a shit about Mike Rhyner and he probably realizes that. And that’s not a knock on Mike that’s how it works. “Legacy” beyond your family and friends is something 99.9999999999% of the world doesn’t need to worry about.

26 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not to mention 100 years from now nobody is going to give a shit about Mike Rhyner and he probably realizes that. And that’s not a knock on Mike that’s how it works. “Legacy” beyond your family and friends is something 99.9999999999% of the world doesn’t need to worry about.

Totally agree with this, but, Mike is going out like a bitch and he’s not doing his hangers-on any favors. 

I counter my disdain for Rhyner and what happened with the good that people got better paying gigs and benefits. I just hope it can sustain for them when Rhyner hangs it up. 

If they don’t deliver some book all that better payroll and benefits will be gone in a flash. IHeart will not tolerate declining ratings indefinitely. I could see them surrendering mornings first for some cheap syndicated show or an AI program. Another month below a 1 will likely trigger. Their ratings are so bad it’s highly likely most of their family doesn’t even listen. Most of these guys forgot that the point of being on the radio is selling ads with entertaining programming.

21 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

If they don’t deliver some book all that better payroll and benefits will be gone in a flash. IHeart will not tolerate declining ratings indefinitely. I could see them surrendering mornings first for some cheap syndicated show or an AI program. Another month below a 1 will likely trigger. Their ratings are so bad it’s highly likely most of their family doesn’t even listen. Most of these guys forgot that the point of being on the radio is selling ads with entertaining programming.

You know who can sell ads?  Appreciate ya pal. 

Thank God that Rhyner is at another station so we don't have to go through the nut kick of the Edmund Fitzgerald song again. Condolences to the Gordon Lightfoot family. 

I’ll bet his Tom Petty band will play nothing but Edmund Fitzgerald over and over at the next gig.

21 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

yesterday's hardline was brutal

https://twitter.com/TheHardline3to7/status/1653869357854801923?s=20

and I mean no offense

I don’t get the trifecta shit.  I understand eulogizing people but what’s with the three bedroom apartments?  it seems so… stupid.  bad bit.  I guess I just don’t get it. 

I know this has been said multiple times before but Corby is way too emotional in his proclamations. He is like a girl in saying “that guy is the best ever” or “that guy is a top five player in the league”. Bob will carefully call him out and I appreciate that about Bob. Dave needs to openly make fun of him and keep a running tab. It is fucking amateurish. 

18 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I know this has been said multiple times before but Corby is way too emotional in his proclamations. He is like a girl in saying “that guy is the best ever” or “that guy is a top five player in the league”. Bob will carefully call him out and I appreciate that about Bob. Dave needs to openly make fun of him and keep a running tab. It is fucking amateurish. 

period end of story

• Haha 2

I think Dave is going to draw Bob offsides for real at some point.  He called Bob's son a "half-breed" a few weeks ago.  Bob was pissed then, too.

I would be pissed as well and would be having a serious conversation with about his role on the show and what’s in bounds and out. That was a really shitty thing for Dave to say. Cumulus should have had a little HR talk with him as well.

I have some issues with Bob Sturm but I respect the hell out of him for he and his wife living their faith and moving beyond his mission work in Central America to use his wealth to adopt a child in need. That’s a huge thing to do when you’ve already got two of your own. Kudos to Sturm.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, mdleast said:

Mike Bacsik agrees

There’s a difference between calling Esteban Loaiza the Tubular Taco and calling all San Antonians dirty Mexicans. 

Remember these are just normal men. image.gif.164fd859fd63ecf2abb62d4d4b926fe4.gif

17 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I would be pissed as well and would be having a serious conversation with about his role on the show and what’s in bounds and out. That was a really shitty thing for Dave to say. Cumulus should have had a little HR talk with him as well.

I have some issues with Bob Sturm but I respect the hell out of him for he and his wife living their faith and moving beyond his mission work in Central America to use his wealth to adopt a child in need. That’s a huge thing to do when you’ve already got two of your own. Kudos to Sturm.

Totally agree. Bob is fun to pick on but that was a horseshit comment.