If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

35 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Downbeat is moving up month to month - over a 3 share now. I don’t know how much it will affect KTCK, but the Fan is dropping. End of football season has a lot to do with that, too. Nice to have a good sports radio rivalry again here, though. I find myself listening to the Musers but then switching to 97.1 for afternoons. The Fan never makes it into the rotation, ever.

what are you talking about? Freak literally has one rating over 3.0 (and that is a 3.1) in any segment for the groups they care about?

they do not have a higher rating than The Fan in any market segment? in every situation except one, they are >10 slots behind The Fan. The one that they are not is Men 25-54 from 10-noon, where they are 9 slots behind.

Are their ratings getting better? Absolutely. but The Eagle had higher ratings in Oct 22 in almost every other segment?

sb9ky0bqt5pa1.png?width=1138&format=png&

as to how it is impacting The Ticket, here is what Welpton had to say about it

The Ticket being #1 total market (6+) for January. Something that had never happened before, but it also was just a small part of what was the station's best-ever ratings month.

February was better. The Ticket is, amazingly, #1 total market for the 2nd straight month and just improved on its "best ever month", with an even better month. Following up a good month with a better month is obviously the goal, but as someone who has a bit of experience tracking and studying ratings, the Ticket is currently on a run of results notable by any measure.

read your post as the Freak (Station) not Downbeat (Show) - so my fault there. They are over 3 (3.1).

1 hour ago, NoName said:

what are you talking about? Freak literally has one rating over 3.0 (and that is a 3.1) in any segment for the groups they care about?

they do not have a higher rating than The Fan in any market segment? in every situation except one, they are >10 slots behind The Fan. The one that they are not is Men 25-54 from 10-noon, where they are 9 slots behind.

Are their ratings getting better? Absolutely. but The Eagle had higher ratings in Oct 22 in almost every other segment?

sb9ky0bqt5pa1.png?width=1138&format=png&

as to how it is impacting The Ticket, here is what Welpton had to say about it

read your post as the Freak (Station) not Downbeat (Show) - so my fault there. They are over 3 (3.1).

Thx for clarification. Yes, Welpton is totally correct in that the ticket’s changes over the last few months have been smart and put them on a remarkable run. But I still think the Freak can carve out a space for success, especially in afternoon drive. But I think they were also counting on KTCK staying complacent, and they certainly haven’t done that.

The Freak doesn’t bill itself as a sports station. The few times I go to it they aren’t talking sports. Ticket has done a remarkable job getting their shit together and putting their foot on the KEGL neck out of the gate with nary a mention of them. The Fan has done a great job of focusing on a huge segment of the “almost all Cowboys/ NFL all the time” audience and has really improved their game too.

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

Thx for clarification. Yes, Welpton is totally correct in that the ticket’s changes over the last few months have been smart and put them on a remarkable run. But I still think the Freak can carve out a space for success, especially in afternoon drive. But I think they were also counting on KTCK staying complacent, and they certainly haven’t done that.

i agree, the question is where that # is and if the owners will give them much time - or if Mike is going to hang around for very long.

i haven't listened since week 1. i'd love to check out whatever their version of the Top 10 is if that even exists.

4 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

Downbeat is moving up month to month - over a 3 share now. I don’t know how much it will affect KTCK, but the Fan is dropping. End of football season has a lot to do with that, too. Nice to have a good sports radio rivalry again here, though. I find myself listening to the Musers but then switching to 97.1 for afternoons. The Fan never makes it into the rotation, ever.

Yup. Makes everyone up their game.  Good for us listeners.

Edited by Dutch

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

almost all Cowboys/ NFL

This is why I don't listen to the Fan. It's also why I tune out from the Ticket.

Up next Jerry... out. 

Press conference? Gone all day. Because that's all they are going to talk about. 

There's more than the Cowboys available for discussion in sports. The only other sports topic that's a punch out is tennis. 

My sports apathy is becoming antipathy. I won't listen to anything that comes out of Jerry or Stephen. Zero. I can get bullshit by the ton. I don't need it in my ears.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:29 PM, sasquatch69 said:

So The Freak got booted with 24hr notice from their reserved spot for a remote today at Texas Live next to Globe Life for opening day.  And then suddenly, The Ticket was at Texas Live doing THEIR live broadcast today.  Hmm...

Holy shit that's brutal. Is there more out there anywhere about this? 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:33 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Ticket has done a remarkable job getting their shit together and putting their foot on the KEGL neck out of the gate with nary a mention of them. 

I think the current version of the hardline is better than it was the last few years Mike was there.  Dave was a huge addition and even though I've never been a big fan of Bob, feel like he's settled in to that slot and they all have good chemistry.  Far better show than it was a year ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I think the current version of the hardline is better than it was the last few years Mike was there.  Dave was a huge addition and even though I've never been a big fan of Bob, feel like he's settled in to that slot and they all have good chemistry.  Far better show than it was a year ago.

Dave completely changed the show. It was basically unlistenable before he came on board. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, NoName said:

i agree, the question is where that # is and if the owners will give them much time - or if Mike is going to hang around for very long.

i haven't listened since week 1. i'd love to check out whatever their version of the Top 10 is if that even exists.

Rhynes is already breadcrumbing his exit and is saying that everyone was aware that he's not going to be around long

Not sure if anyone heard one of the weekend shows replay the firework blast at Globe Life Park on Thur or Sat

It was hilarious how loud it was inside the stadium……sounded like a bomb blast.

I’m too stupid to find a replay, but if a smart person can find it, please post it.

:) 

9 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Rhynes is already breadcrumbing his exit and is saying that everyone was aware that he's not going to be around long

Everything is going on out there a lot more than we think it is.  Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.  Everyone wants to buy a car, but nobody wants to buy one

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

The phrase you never want to hear for the next segment tease by Junior, "coming up next, George hosts Musical Musers". 

I'm a fan of Texas/red dirt country but his segments are just dumb. It almost always becomes just another excuse to bore us with playing a recording of his band singing that crappy song he "wrote" with Pat Green

I generally hate any discussion of music, especially their own shit, by George or any other radio dude. George is just awful with it and it usually gets a punch out to a phone call or something. Fucking Pat Green has been mentioned by George more than every other radio person in total.

20 minutes ago, futureman said:

it made him cry!

I was certain he was going to discuss AIR, which comes out this week and actually looks like a pretty good flick based on Nike's recruitment and signing of Michael Jordan back in 1984-ish. But no, he's moved by a movie that's been out for months and currently has a 5.8 rating on IMDB.com.

it made him cry!

You know George watches all the movies on the Hallmark channel. He loves the ones where career girl comes home for Christmas, falls for the local carpenter dude who cares for his old aunt with Tourette’s, goes home to her uppity fiancé, quits job and goes back home.

“Shit! Fuck! We’re having a ‘cunt!’ wedding! “. It really gets to Jub Jub.

Golf event yesterday was some of the worst radio in memory. Tapped out after a minute. Switched over to whatever they’re calling Rhyner’s new gig. Equally bad. Was stuck with NPR talking about tensions in Taiwan. 

Edited by DDD Dad