If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 4/14/2023 at 3:10 PM, futureman said:

I need a tip, I should listen to the station.  all true.  but can you tell me more about this?

It was in regards to the Abbott pardoning thing. Dan said something along the lines of, "he's pandering to his base because he knows his base hates 'black lives matter'...or just take off the word 'matter.'"

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

What I see is a morning radio show that is just destroying. Spite FM regressing to the mean.

j502q26yfwua1.png?width=1158&format=png&

what could have happened for them to have huge a huge drop? damn, even downbeat loses 1/3rd of their share?

i love Hang Zone but they went way up. hope it stays there.

Cumulus needs to give Gordo a big pile of cash. While the Musers are dominating at a level rarely seen in a big market, he’s the one that really jump started the rest of the crew to wake up and make better radio in the face of the potential threat.

At this rate Rhyner won’t last the year. And iHeart is going to start demanding some cuts and changes. Lot of payroll over there to talk about the color of their turds and mowing the yard.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Cumulus needs to give Gordo a big pile of cash. While the Musers are dominating at a level rarely seen in a big market, he’s the one that really jump started the rest of the crew to wake up and make better radio in the face of the potential threat.

At this rate Rhyner won’t last the year. And iHeart is going to start demanding some cuts and changes. Lot of payroll over there to talk about the color of their turds and mowing the yard.

During a commercial break in The Hard Line I flipped it over to The Freak yesterday as I left the office to head to a work HH. Rhynes was going through his (presumably) Top 10 list of beans. Absolutely riveting. (The only thing entertaining in that stretch were drops played by Shoopy.)

Edited by C-Man

3 hours ago, NoName said:

what could have happened for them to have huge a huge drop? damn, even downbeat loses 1/3rd of their share?

i love Hang Zone but they went way up. hope it stays there.

Because the PPM sample set is so small, a station with a smaller (and/or growing) audience seems bigger fluctuations month to month.  Still, that dropoff was surprising.

The Freak *really* needs to mix in more sports if they want to be competitive.  I love the personalities on the Downbeat, but I need more consistency and less randomness to be a more regular listener.  The morning show is a tuneout for me, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

During a commercial break in The Hard Line I flipped it over to The Freak yesterday as I left the office to head to a work HH. Rhynes was going through his (presumably) Top 10 list of beans. Absolutely riveting. (The only thing entertaining in that stretch were drops played by Shoopy.)

I was curious on the rankings and found the podcast of it so nobody else has to. 

10. Garbanzo (Ryhner says he doesn't like Hummus, but then says he's never actually tried it)
9. Cannellini beans (another he has never tried)
8. Edamame (never tried this one either. Later decides he has had them.)
7. Black bean (he doesn't care for these...I have no idea how this ranking system works)
6. Green lima beans 
5. Pinto beans
4. Butter beans
3. Navy bean
2. Black eyed peas
1. Red bean

Can't believe I wasted 15 minutes on that pile of shit. My own fault. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

Because the PPM sample set is so small, a station with a smaller (and/or growing) audience seems bigger fluctuations month to month.  Still, that dropoff was surprising.

The Freak *really* needs to mix in more sports if they want to be competitive.  I love the personalities on the Downbeat, but I need more consistency and less randomness to be a more regular listener.  The morning show is a tuneout for me, too.

I find it pretty surprising you weirdos are even listening. Is that fatass Julie forcing Stars points given it’s playoff time?

44 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I was curious on the rankings and found the podcast of it so nobody else has to. 

10. Garbanzo (Ryhner says he doesn't like Hummus, but then says he's never actually tried it)
7. Black bean (he doesn't care for these...I have no idea how this ranking system works)
6. Green lima beans 
5. Pinto beans
4. Butter beans
3. Navy bean
2. Black eyed peas
1. Red bean

That dork can do the top 10 beans. Gordo can tell this joke for the 3rd time and I’ll stick with The Ticket for ALL my sports talk: “what’s the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?”

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

6. Green lima beans 
5. Pinto beans
4. Butter beans
3. Navy bean
2. Black eyed peas
1. Red bean

Rhyner having a opinion on 30% of things he hasn't ever tried is about right.

instead of making it a top 5, he goes for a top 10? and 4 of the 10 are things he either hasn't tried or doesn't like?!

just rip off the top 5/bottom 5 that Gregggggg Miller does.

26 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I find it pretty surprising you weirdos are even listening. Is that fatass Julie forcing Stars points given it’s playoff time?

That dork can do the top 10 beans. Gordo can tell this joke for the 3rd time and I’ll stick with The Ticket for ALL my sports talk: “what’s the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?”

Wasn't that a Nude Dan @ the Campound joke initially?

you think that was gordo’s idea?

I think Gordo has a role of leadership and got involved with the other shows to call out their complacency and snap into shape. Is he 100% responsible for this incredible ratings trend they are on? No but he was the catalyst.

The 97.1 numbers are embarrassingly bad. 0.9 morning says they’d pull more book with endless junk for joy ads.
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Gordo has a role of leadership and got involved with the other shows to call out their complacency and snap into shape. Is he 100% responsible for this incredible ratings trend they are on? No but he was the catalyst.

The 97.1 numbers are embarrassingly bad. 0.9 morning says they’d pull more book with endless junk for joy ads.

you think gordo took initiative?  you think gordo is behind this shit and not dan bennett and cat?  ok bud.

• Like 1

you think gordo took initiative?  you think gordo is behind this shit and not dan bennett and cat?  ok bud.

I think Gordo didn’t have to go appear on other shows. I think Bennett and cat were certainly part of it but they also managed the slide into indifference complacency, and laziness the station had fallen into. It’s a strong story. I don’t think Corby and bob had anything to do with it

I gave the Freak a few chances early on and it was all so much "We're having fun here and we can say what we want" and I kept waiting for the fun or for them to say something interesting and it never really materialized.

Now that I hear Rhyner is doing Top 10 bean lists over there I gotta think the old Craig Miller trope on Knoxie applies.

You ever wonder if Rhyner gets home in the evening, sits down at his desk pours himself a drink and just slowly opens the drawer and pulls out the revolver...

THIS also comes to mind

Edited by Surly Bevo

8 hours ago, futureman said:

I wonder if they could convince the hammer to come back full time.  I know he said that wasn’t an option when he was on a couple months ago but everyone has a price.  I would listen to that. 

I read in a Ticket group today that Greggo was having a Twitter meltdown today. I never bothered to check.

4 hours ago, futureman said:

nah it was great.  mo is a dude. 

Mo is my DFW sports hero. Always was. Always will be. Dude was an all-time great and had a fucking blast all the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

I gave the Freak a few chances early on and it was all so much "We're having fun here and we can say what we want" and I kept waiting for the fun or for them to say something interesting and it never really materialized.
Now that I hear Rhyner is doing Top 10 bean lists over there I gotta think the old Craig Miller trope on Knoxie applies.
You ever wonder if Rhyner gets home in the evening, sits down at his desk pours himself a drink and just slowly opens the drawer and pulls out the revolver...
THIS also comes to mind

Sounds like the bean list is the highlight for the week. The few times I go there it’s just stupid shit . This free form jazz riffing on anything but sports ain’t working.

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

I read in a Ticket group today that Greggo was having a Twitter meltdown today. I never bothered to check.

Was curious so I checked out his feed.  Might do Greggo some good to get out and get some fresh air.