Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

Just now, ztejas said:

Chicago PD doesn't seem happy about it.  I don't think this is going to die just because the charges were dropped.

Jussie may have inadvertently took the lid off a boiling pot. 

It's interesting seeing the dichotomy of some folks reaction to Smollett's seemingly arbitrary lack of prosecution and see injustice, but in other cases see it as exoneration. I wonder why that is...

Just askin' questions

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don't know about the motives in other fake hate crimes, I didn't know that was a widespread thing.   

I'm saying the stated motive, "that he wanted more money", for a person like Jussie didn't add up.  

I see.

It's actually the least fucked up of all the motives.  Making himself a victim to raise his profile to benefit himself career-wise is just plain greed and easily understandable, however sick it may be.

People have done far worse for financial, egotistical gain.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Chicago PD doesn't seem happy about it.  I don't think this is going to die just because the charges were dropped.

Jussie may have inadvertently took the lid off a boiling pot. 

Meh, yer all a bunch of conspiracy theorists..... nuuuuuuthing to see here mooooooove along now....to the next racially motivated hate crime that's surely coming. Poor Jussie, can't......

On 2/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

I can't decide which happens more, fake hate crimes or fake sexual assault crimes. One thing is for sure, women and minorities cannot be trusted. 

Not to pat myself on the back, but this was the 14th post on this thread and I'd say about 900 of the following posts were just some rephrasing of it. 

• Like 2

(Prosecutor) Magats, who made the decision, said it had decided not to pursue the charges because his office prioritized 'violent crime' and that Smollett's alleged wrongdoing did not fall into that category.  

'We did not exonerate him. We work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. 

'Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety,'  Magats told The New York Times.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6852881/Is-no-decency-man-Chicago-Mayor-Rahm-Emanuel-condemns-Jussie-Smollett.html

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Smollett didn't even have to make a plea deal.  The prosecution just said, "fuck this shit, we're out."

Is that what happened?  Am I reading that right?  Seems fucked up. 

CNN just referenced community service, so there may be a deal...

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's interesting seeing the dichotomy of some folks reaction to Smollett's seemingly arbitrary lack of prosecution and see injustice, but in other cases see it as exoneration. I wonder why that is...

Just askin' questions

Time for a special counsel, I’m sure everyone will accept their findings. 

• Like 1

(Prosecutor) Magats, who made the decision, said it had decided not to pursue the charges because his office prioritized 'violent crime' and that Smollett's alleged wrongdoing did not fall into that category.  

'We did not exonerate him. We work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. 

'Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety,'  Magats told The New York Times.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6852881/Is-no-decency-man-Chicago-Mayor-Rahm-Emanuel-condemns-Jussie-Smollett.html

...but we went ahead and sealed the records just for the hell of it.

Uh huh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Fucking absurd. If it wasn't violent crime, then you're admitting he made the entire thing up. Which he should be prosecuted for. 

To clarify, I'm not up in arms one way or another. But that logic/justification seems asinine.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Chrispy said:

Time for a special counsel, I’m sure everyone will accept their findings. 

Don't you mean when a single entity holds all the evidence and makes a unilateral decision to withhold information and prosecutorial discretion, everyone will accept their findings?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

32 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

haha, the police superintendent said "if i was innocent, i would take my day in court. if i'm innocent, i wouldn't hide behind a brokered deal."

horseshit you wouldn't. of all people, police know how many innocent people end up on the wrong end of justice.

what a fucking idiot.  If I'm innocent, I'd roll the dice with a jury maybe convicting me instead of walking out the door today with no conviction.   Also, if I had a million dollars, I'd buy a million lottery tickets, because I might win a million dollars!

...because his office prioritized 'violent crime'...'Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety'

A whole lot of people caught with weed will be super happy to hear about this development of deciding to focus only on violent crime and threats to public safety.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

A whole lot of people caught with weed will be super happy to hear about this development of deciding to focus only on violent crime and threats to public safety.

As Chicago mayor, Emanuel oversaw the implementation of a 2012 local policy to avoid arrests for many low-level marijuana possession offenses.

Yeah, but still.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Thread needs more...pics of his hot defense attorney. 

You wish that you had Jussie's girl?

Also, prepare for his return to the show:

Fox 'gratified' by Jussie Smollett case dismissal, remains quiet on his future on 'Empire'

"Jussie Smollett has always maintained his innocence and we are gratified on his behalf that all charges against him have been dismissed,” a statement from 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment provided to Fox News reads.

‘Empire’ writers support Jussie Smollett after all charges droppedrges-dropped/

https://twitter.com/EmpireWriters

D2mTE_XWkAEOfok.jpg:large

well looky here

and here

and here

Spoiler

Kim Foxx has also found two other sources of cash, in the form of twin $300,000 donations to a Super PAC supporting her called Illinois Safety & Justice. The sole donors to the PAC are neoliberal superdonor and conservative-boogeyman George Soros and a "dark-money" group called Civic Participation Action Fund

• Like 1

aside from what’s already been offered, could the police chief’s harsh rhetoric condemning smollett at the initial press conference have anything to do with the dismissal?  could any of the things that were said in front of the cameras by state and city officials labeling him guilty prior to trial... would any of that be a hindrance to securing a guilty verdict in court?  full disclosure: I am not pre-law. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

aside from what’s already been offered, could the police chief’s harsh rhetoric condemning smollett at the initial press conference have anything to do with the dismissal?  could any of the things that were said in front of the cameras by state and city officials labeling him guilty prior to trial... would any of that be a hindrance to securing a guilty verdict in court?  full disclosure: I am not pre-law. 

Any different than the “victim” going on good morning America and lying about what happened?

1 minute ago, smoothlonghorn said:

Seriously, WTF? Assclowns doesn't even remotely begin to denigrate a lot of people involved in this s**tshow enough. Are they trying to make themselves look bad? 

It’s the Chicago way I guess...

Its almost like they are so used to corruption and greasing the skids politically moving up through the ranks, they just can’t help themselves 

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

I see.

It's actually the least fucked up of all the motives.  Making himself a victim to raise his profile to benefit himself career-wise is just plain greed and easily understandable, however sick it may be.

People have done far worse for financial, egotistical gain.

He was also willing to finger suspects and ruin innocent people's lives.  Until the suspects presented were his buddies.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

He was also willing to finger suspects and ruin innocent people's lives.  Until the suspects presented were his buddies.

Yeah, what if the cops would have arrested a couple of local slapdicks?  Jussie would have let them rot.  Fuck him.  This is bullshit.

27 minutes ago, Wyatt Mann said:

There you have it. Fabricate a hate crime, get paid. If you get found out, nothing will happen.

Only if you're the right party, and looks like color miiiight play a role... uh oh, there I go being racist uh-gain....

Poor poor Jussie, o-pressed he is ......

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

It’s the Chicago way I guess...

Its almost like they are so used to corruption and greasing the skids politically moving up through the ranks, they just can’t help themselves 

Ironically, I grew up in the Chicago suburbs (and consider that "home"), but can't even muster any faux outrage to argue. After reading the full Bond Proffer, it's just enraging--if they have that evidence and cooperation from the Osundairo brothers, everyone at the Cook County State's Attorney office should be ashamed.

It's not hard to imagine the conversation behind the scenes among those who profit off racial division.  "Look man, if this asshat gets convicted of fabricating this incendiary shit, how's that gonna impact our efforts to make people believe this is happening everywhere, all the time?"

I may be wading close to CR territory, which gives me a shudder, but given the players involved, it's transparent as hell this was a political op.

• Like 4

LOL, one of the factors cited in dismissing charges was that he did 16 hours of community service a few days ago...for Jessie Jackson's Rainbow/Push coalition, a political activist 'nonprofit'.  The same Jesse Jackson that was pushing Jussie's fables earlier this year.  The same Jesse Jackson that offered Crystal Mangum (who falsely accused the Duke lacrosse players of rape) a college scholarship.

https://twitter.com/TaraMolinaTV/status/1110644340982984704

Edited by clapclapclap

50 minutes ago, smoothlonghorn said:

Ironically, I grew up in the Chicago suburbs (and consider that "home"), but can't even muster any faux outrage to argue. After reading the full Bond Proffer, it's just enraging--if they have that evidence and cooperation from the Osundairo brothers, everyone at the Cook County State's Attorney office should be ashamed.

Well it is Chicago the most corrupt city in America.

29 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

LOL, one of the factors cited in dismissing charges was that he did 16 hours of community service a few days ago...for Jessie Jackson's Rainbow/Push coalition, a political activist 'nonprofit'.  The same Jesse Jackson that was pushing Jussie's fables earlier this year.  The same Jesse Jackson that offered Crystal Mangum (who falsely accused the Duke lacrosse players of rape) a college scholarship.

https://twitter.com/TaraMolinaTV/status/1110644340982984704

Crystal is currently doing time for murder.  I'm sure Jussie will fuck up again.  Shitbird criminals can't help themselves.