2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

Didn't he change his swing this spring? Last year he batted .211 so your statement is not totally correct.

Yeah, I was talking about LAST year. Right. 

No. I heard somewhere around these parts that Marisnick wasn’t worthy of a roster spot. 

So far, THIS YEAR, he’s proving that theory wrong. 

1 minute ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Yeah, I was talking about LAST year. Right. 

No. I heard somewhere around these parts that Marisnick wasn’t worthy of a roster spot. 

So far, THIS YEAR, he’s proving that theory wrong. 

I was basing it on the fact that people had opinions from how he played last year. 

Just now, WBT said:

Kalas just called that an earned run and MLB Gameday shows that as well.  Don't you have to wait to see how the inning plays out to know if Jake would have scored without the throwing error?

No, because the hit take precedence. The hit happened before the throwing error

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

They based it solely on how he played in April. He was fine after his first recall at the end of May.

He batted .200 in July and .184 in September/October. Personally, I think Jake fits in his role well.

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

He batted .200 in July and .184 in September/October. Personally, I think Jake fits in his role well.

I agree.  He's never going to be a good hitter but he plays great defense and runs into homeruns every now and then.  He's fine as a 4th OF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Lol he had 10 ABs in July. 

Look at his numbers before he was sent down. They were awful. Then after, where they were in line with 2017. April skewed his season and people’s perception.

5 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Lol he had 10 ABs in July. 

Look at his numbers before he was sent down. They were awful. Then after, where they were in line with 2017. April skewed his season and people’s perception.

Okay, then he had 2 good months and 3 bad months