2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Oh, so it was a joke. 

And you are well known around these parts for irony. Got it. 

giphy.gif

You are more than capable of looking at the original post earlier in the season, or looking at the first post on this page to see if I was kidding. You do you though. 

Go STROS Go

11 minutes ago, thetruth said:

You are more than capable of looking at the original post earlier in the season, or looking at the first post on this page to see if I was kidding. You do you though. 

Go STROS Go

Ah, so we have to look back to page 1 of a 49 page thread to appreciate the irony.  On a season thread, no less, where every 2 pages constitutes a different game/topic.

Edited by FondrenRoad

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Ah, so we have to look back to page 1 of a 49 page thread to appreciate the irony.  On a season thread, no less, where every 2 pages constitutes a different game/topic.

Or you could look at the top of this page, like I said, to see someone who said I did the same thing too earlier in the season. 

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Tucker didn't have a good spring and has gotten off to an atrocious start in AAA this year.  I am starting to worry about him.  At least Alvarez has continued to mash.

I wasn't concerned about his numbers during his cup of coffee last season, but I am growing concerned that scouts found a hole in his swing and pitchers have been abusing it. He's still young, but he is seeming less and less like the can't miss prospect he was made out to be. 

• Like 1

Same for me.  I wasn't worried then either, but this year is giving me pause.  He got sent home from Spring Training early and then went in to an even worse funk when the AAA season started.  On the hole in his swing theory, I have to think the Astros' analytics people would have found it way before other teams did.

Edited by kevwun

I wasn't concerned about his numbers during his cup of coffee last season, but I am growing concerned that scouts found a hole in his swing and pitchers have been abusing it. He's still young, but he is seeming less and less like the can't miss prospect he was made out to be. 

Point

Tucker absolutely destroyed AAA last year, even after he was sent back down. If it weren’t for his struggles in his brief time up last year, no one would even notice he’s having a slow start. It’s 12 games. 

Counter point...

I am so conflicted!!!!

Not sure if he's trying to make a mechanical adjustment or if he's just in a really bad funk.  His pitch recognition looked awful in the couple of PA I saw from him yesterday.

This is my take as well in the two games I’ve witnessed so far this year.
Wasn’t even close on some pitches and when he did make contact, usually resulted in weak grounders.

If he'd take a page from Michael Brantley's book and keep his head still while batting maybe he'd make contact. Dude's entire body moves because he's chewing 8 pieces of double bubble. Never not seen his jaw moving violently while batting.

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Poll time. Favorite McHugh gif (besides WTF, which I’ve included anyway).

A:
Matrix last night

B: that time he ducked 4 seconds after the ball was past his head (couldn’t find gif)

C:
65f630c684fdd882737236f5d39ebde2.gif

D:
9ba0c9b2f4eb652e95837d25efb16082.gif

E:
bbf159048a3f420483b560bf34860383.gif

Not eligible for voting but clearly the best:
945e50757a9b58f822263f32bd4e6a14.gif

I fucking love Collin McHugh. The way he slouches on the mound like he wishes he were anywhere else but there. That he has no dignity to lose. (I don't think the guys were giving him shit for riding the golf cart. He was giving them shit. As if his utter lack of dignity was somehow going to stop him.) He tosses this absolutely unhittable toxic garbage at the plate that sort of meanders into the catcher's mitt at a casual 75-80mph while swerving about like it just polished off its fifth can of Schlitz in the past hour. If we had any doubt remaining that he were Neo and had mastered the Matrix with his new slider that doesn't so much curve as alter the shape of spacetime around it, his little "I know kung fu" move last night eliminated it.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 5