2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

20 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Holy shit that video is just weird. No doubt she put him up to that and I'm more sure it was no damn massage. That's just too far over the top to try to explain it away. He doth protest too much. 

It was released through her youtube channel so it was most definitely done for viewership.  Honestly I had no beef with her, but this is clearly her doing and annoying as shit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Correa should have known what he was getting into fucking a chick from south Texas,  latinas are crazy. Trust me 

From Laredo, that takes the crazy up a couple of notches 

trust me on this one 

and beauty pageants on top of that 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

I mean she is attractive don't get me wrong, but he is a moron to be tied down to one psycho chick at the age of 22(I am guessing that is how old he was when he got with her since it has been a few years).   Dude should be slaying pussy left and right.  That chick is who you marry when you are 30 years old and have banged half of houston.  

I mean she is attractive don't get me wrong, but he is a moron to be tied down to one psycho chick at the age of 22(I am guessing that is how old he was when he got with her since it has been a few years).   Dude should be slaying pussy left and right.  That chick is who you marry when you are 30 years old and have banged half of houston.  

Like Bregman is doing

He talked about dating on mchugh’s podcast a few months ago and basically said he doesn’t have time/want distractions during the season... and then in the offseason, likes some recovery/re-charge time and then you look up and it’s time to get ready for the season again.

Nice way of saying “I see the way bat shit crazy bitches can fuck up a career in my own clubhouse and want no part of that”

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yeah, i didn't make it through the whole thing. Fucking brutal to watch. She seems awful, and he looks like a fucking hostage. 

I got to 1:03.  Nothing in particular about that time other than I know this entire thing is bullshit.  If you have a multi-million dollar career at stake and some dipshit breaks your rib I figure you'll probably sue them for something.  Hell, we sue people for anything.  Since he hasn't, to me that's as much an admission of lying as anything.

32 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

How bout they trot out the masseuse to explain what happened? 110 pound Vietnamese girl probably doesn't fit the role of rib breaker though. 

No shit, and in this day of suing people for any little thing why hasn't the threat of "malpractice" come out?  That's what got me from the beginning.  If someone potentially fucked with your livelihood because they messed up then teh American way is to sue the shit out of them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I’m over Correa. 

Same here.  I really thought he could be the next big thing when he came back from his injury in 2017 and went on a tear into and through the playoffs.  But good God, enough is enough already.  What's his trade value?  Surely it's somewhere around $500MM by now, right wulaw (or whoever it was)?

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I still think he's a likely HOFer

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. He has the talent, but he'll never put up enough numbers. He just doesn't play enough. He got a young start that helps with putting together a HOF career, but he's already missed the equivalent of a full season, so he's in the process of pissing that advantage away.

Here are the top SS by fWAR since 2015, when Correa debuted:

Lindor (23.8); Machado (23.1); Bogaerts (20.0); Simmons (17.5); Correa (17.2)...and Seager, who was a rookie in 2016 and missed all of 2018 is at 16.3.

He and Lindor came up at the same time and Lindor has a full all-star season worth of WAR (6.6) over Correa. (Yes, Correa is a year younger, but the next 6.6 WAR season he has will be his first.) 

He looks more likely to be viewed as the 4th or 5th best SS of his era than he is to end up in the HOF. I would certainly take any of Lindor, Bogaerts or Seager over Correa. 

I think he's likely a guy that never produces commensurate with his talent. I don't know if he's unlucky or just refuses to play with any amount of discomfort, but with each passing season it becomes more difficult to consider him unlucky. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

1 hour ago, WBT said:

I still think he's a likely HOFer

I used to think this.  Two years ago, I was telling anyone who would listen that he was about to be the best bat in this lineup and he was capable of putting up prime A-Rod seasons.

I'm pretty sure I was wrong.  The ability is there, but he's obviously fragile.  And I question how much anyone who misses Opening Day with a "sore neck" loves baseball.

3rd  graders run the bases better than these fuckers.

So frustrating given the level of alleged coaching and talent.

Edited by slorch