2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:
5 hours ago, Scraps said:
BREAKING NEWS:

T Wizzle did NOT hit a leadoff homer

or even get on base.

Roberts must have thought this was a slow pitch softball league game. T-Wizzle would definitely be wasting his power in the lead off spot then

White went 0-4 and the Dodgers lost. Luhnow planted White to gain intel and ruin their offense.

9 hours ago, kevwun said:

I do.  Have been having trouble with amazon for a couple of months.  Images don't always show up on amazon.com.  Someone else here had the same issue and the same thing happened to my parents.  Mlb.tv is still working for me though.  I use unlocator.

That was me...Amazon still jacked up for but that’s it...mlb.tv is fine with unlocator.  Sometimes the mlb app gets a little screwy until I reset it and or the Apple TV. Then it’s fine 

4 hours ago, Teddyballgame said:

That was me...Amazon still jacked up for but that’s it...mlb.tv is fine with unlocator.  Sometimes the mlb app gets a little screwy until I reset it and or the Apple TV. Then it’s fine 

I used to have similar problems when using unlocator.  Switched to Smart DNS Proxy.  Works better across all apps than unlocator.  Defaults you to LA for all US services, so I have to turn it off when the Astros play the Angels, but that's the only problem I've had with it.

• Like 2

Yuli in July: .398/.427/.827;  232 wRC+;  12 HR

I've given the guy a lot of shit on here, but sweet fancy moses he kicked some ass last month. Hope he keeps it going (well, he won't keep that going, but somewhere between his June and July would be great). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

I used to have similar problems when using unlocator.  Switched to Smart DNS Proxy.  Works better across all apps than unlocator.  Defaults you to LA for all US services, so I have to turn it off when the Astros play the Angels, but that's the only problem I've had with it.

Are you in Texas?  How can you watch the game if you turn it off when they are in LA?

24 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Are you in Texas?  How can you watch the game if you turn it off when they are in LA?

I'm in NY.  I use smart dns for France and UK TV primarily.  It affects MLB but I don't really use it for it.  When they are in LA, I turn it off to avoid the blackout. If I was in Texas, I'd switch my default region to Germany for the game, or use VPN.

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yuli in July: .398/.427/.827;  232 wRC+;  12 HR

I've given the guy a lot of shit on here, but sweet fancy moses he kicked some ass last month. Hope he keeps it going (well, he won't keep that going, but somewhere between his June and July would be great). 

Tyler White has a month like this last season, let’s home it’s not an anomaly for Yuli who is no Tyler White. 

Nice ceremony.  I had never seen that video of Jimmy Wynn hitting it out of Crosley field and onto the freeway.  Julia really dressed to the nines for it too.  That was cool seeing Morgan, Biggio, and Altuve posing for a picture at the end.

I wish Morgan could have spent his entire career with the Astros.

His averages for the first 6 years with the Reds (1972-1977)

R - 113, HR - 22, RBI - 84, SB - 60, BB - 118, BA - .302, OBP - .430, OPS - .926

Probably the best 6 year period for any 2nd Basemen except for Rogers Hornsby.

3 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

I’m sure it was posted in here, but I had not done my homework on Sanchez. Those numbers with Toronto are abysmal.

True, but there's reason to hope better pitch selection can help him improve. Threw too many two-seamers in Toronto. In his first inning, that has already changed. 8 four-seamers to only 2 two-seamers. 

1 minute ago, BornOrange said:

I wish Morgan could have spent his entire career with the Astros.

His averages for the first 6 years with the Reds (1972-1977)

R - 113, HR - 22, RBI - 84, SB - 60, BB - 118, BA - .302, OBP - .430, OPS - .926

Probably the best 6 year period for any 2nd Basemen except for Rogers Hornsby.

Yes, that would’ve been great! 

As long as we’re wishing, I wish JR had gone stroke-free.