2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

lolwat?  It's not 2012 anymore.  If you can't watch, it's on you.

If you don’t have Direct Tv you are basically Astroless outside of Houston. Why the Astros signed a deal with Comcast who AT&T later acquired their Sports Nets when they had limited distribution outside of Houston was not the best move by Crane. The other metro areas in the Houston Astro market are on Spectrum or some other provider.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

If you don’t have Direct Tv you are basically Astroless outside of Houston. Why the Astros signed a deal with Comcast who AT&T later acquired their Sports Nets when they had limited distribution outside of Houston was not the best move by Crane. The other metro areas in the Houston Astro market are on Spectrum or some other provider.

/r/mlbstreams

Get on board bud. 

22 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

mlb at bat ftw... free with t-mobile :D

It’ll be interesting to see who catches today

Likely won’t be Machete with day game after night game and do they put Stubbs out there to call the game for JV?

If so, that tells me Chirinos is headed for the IL

But speaking of Stubbs, I saw him right in the middle of the wave rushing out to the field ecstatic as can be. And giving a “good job Stromie” in the dugout on his way back to the dugout.

That was a good thing for him to witness and hope he was dialed in on how that game was called, especially in the late innings.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Just realized Stubbs is on this card. Are we carrying 3 catchers right now? If so, send one down and bring up Tucker. 

Chirinos has a sore left shoulder.  They are trying to give him some rest without an IL stint.  Stubbs is only up until Chirinos says he is good to go.   Then it will be Peacock back on the roster.   

Chirinos has a sore left shoulder.  They are trying to give him some rest without an IL stint.  Stubbs is only up until Chirinos says he is good to go.   Then it will be Peacock back on the roster.   

I think Peacock is a few weeks away from returning. Stubbs will be replaced by another pitcher. We’re only carrying 12 and have a stretch of 17 straight games, without an off day, coming up. Not sure who the call up will be as Urquidy, Abreu and Sneed are ineligible for 10 days.

SmartDNS has a 2 week free trial and you don't even have to give them a credit card.  I set my 2 DNS servers to Atlanta and New Jersey, so there should be minimal problems with blackouts.  Will report back to see how it works with the game, but it fixed the amazon issue already.

• Like 2

During the dog days of August I expect Marisnick, Diaz, and Maldonado to get a lot of playing time so everyone can get some regular rest.

Then, during September, I hope it ramps up even more with call ups getting mixed in.

Let's make sure the Death Star is fully ramped up in October.