2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Before tonight
We’re up 7 real time and I assumed the rangers aren’t going to come back from 5 down with 6 outs to go.

Ha ha ha. Apologies to you, sir  

I checked my CBS Sports app and I swear it showed the Rangers winning with a final of 5-2. I have no idea at this point what day that game was played. Probably need to update the app  

You goddamn right they aren’t coming back. 

Mea culpa. 

Currently 7.5 ahead of the Rangers, and 7.5 on the A’s. A’s still playing against the Twins. If the A’s win, we’ll be up by 7 on them and the Rangers will drop to 3rd place by half a game. Twins win, we’ll be up by 8 on A’s and Rangers stay in 2nd by a half game.

A’s lead Twins 7-6 in top 7.

Of course, none of that matters since everyone else is playing for 2nd in the AL West. 😁

Edited by Wishbone

6 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

That is not what I gathered from reading this thread a week ago. 

This is your lucky day! I happen to offer selective reading comprehension training for Surly members for only $9.95/mo. PM Derka for details on how to join.

43 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

This is your lucky day! I happen to offer selective reading comprehension training for Surly members for only $9.95/mo. PM Derka for details on how to join.

I wasn't talking shit about you. And I quoted the part I was talking about.

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

I wasn't talking shit about you. And I quoted the part I was talking about.

I guess I missed at an attempt at humor. I was merely agreeing with you in that there are a lot of chicken little doomsday posters all throughout Surly, which is normal and just part of the the whole. I was just offering a a tongue in cheek solution to filter it out, and tbh, thought your post was meant as tongue in cheek as well.  It never crossed my mind that you were talking shit about anything. All is cool with me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Trying to get pitching ninja to post the Pressly K to Arenado from last night cause that shit looked sick

Charlie Morton asks if we miss him, yet?  Sick shit is in the embedded clip ... 😳

https://news.yahoo.com/tampa-bay-rays-pitcher-charlie-morton-12-strikeouts-baltimore-orioles-044452580.html

Any idea who is pitching for the Hooks on Sunday?  Finally making it back to a game in Corpus.

Abreu started last night and would be in line Sunday if they use a normal 5 man rotation but no idea if that’s the case and who knows with all the the shuttling between Houston and Round Rock which I would think would have filter down to Corpus to some extent as well.

CONCLUSION 

Home Run Derby curse, fact or fiction? We have no choice but to conclude that it’s fiction. If we consider all the ways that the statistics should behave if there is no curse, we find that they consistently match that model. Certainly, some players will have a decline in power-hitting statistics from the first half of the season to the second after participating in the Derby, but it is clear from the analysis that this would have occurred for those players regardless of whether they chose to participate or not.