2019 NCAA Final Four in Minneapolis

12 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I can't imagine Owens will be able to do much tomorrow night.  I know he ran back on the court last night but that ankle is probably the size of a grapefruit this morning.   

Big loss for Tech if so.

It's Tech, their trainers probably have some West Texas cow steroid they can shoot right into his ankle.  Will be impressive and important if he's ready to go.

• Haha 2

To read this article and more, 
subscribe now —

30% off first year

Get access to this article and all of the in-depth coverage from the 247Sports Network with this special offer.

Fuck that deal.
  • Like 1

Not that a lot of people care, but this year, TT's track team was ranked number one in the country.  Aggie once upon a time tried to hire the coach, Wes Kittley, away.  He told them he'd have to take a hard pass.  Too bad, so sad for Aggie.
Why would he want to move, he's already in the stinking desert no reason to move to Las Cruces.

Welp I would say that beard is going to be at tech for a long time and if he wins on Monday then most likely forever. Good for tech. Good for the big 12. I have 3 bets and my bracket pool having Virginia win though. So I’m going to have to root for my pocket book Monday. Should be a boring ass game. 

Edited by Jhawk

Texas won the NIT
Baylor Women play today for the NCAA title (it's the women, so it's OK to pull for them)
Tech could win the NC in basketball.

I didn't realize Texas was a basketball state.
pull for them?

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

wait, wut?

13 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Outside of watching Gonzaga I have watched very little college basketball this year. I did see that phantom foul that screwed over Auburn and since watching Virginia play basketball is like spending an eternity listening to nails on a chalkboard I'll pull for Tech. Holy hell that call was horrific. Probably will skip the game like I did these two, but as long as Virginia doesn't win it'll be a good end to the season. 

You mean the phantom foul where Samir doughty left his feet moved 18- 24" in space and then landed under, and into to Kyle Guy (the shooter) ?  That phantom foul ?   PRO TIP :  that's called a foul. There was nothing phantom about it. I'm all for letting them play it out at the end, but you can't swallow a whistle when it's clearly a foul. And that was most definitely a foul.

The missed double dribble by Jerome was a miss, 23 Auburn grabbing his jersey after the double dribble was missed as well.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

You mean the phantom foul where Samir doughty left his feet moved 18- 24" in space and then landed under, and into to Kyle Guy (the shooter) ?  That phantom foul ?  Heres a PRO TIP for you:  that's called a foul. There was nothing phantom about it.  In what universe do you live that that was not a foul ? I'm all for letting them play it out at the end, but you can't swallow a whistle when it's clearly a foul. And that was most definitely a foul.
The missed double dribble by Jerome was preceded by 23 for Auburn grabbing his jersey most likely causing the loss of ball control.
That's where I stand, if they dont call the foul, then the media and fans are talking about the no call. It was clearly a foul, guy got in a bad position, tried to make up for it, didnt have control and his momentum took him into the shooter.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dewey said:
31 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You mean the phantom foul where Samir doughty left his feet moved 18- 24" in space and then landed under, and into to Kyle Guy (the shooter) ?  That phantom foul ?  Heres a PRO TIP for you:  that's called a foul. There was nothing phantom about it.  In what universe do you live that that was not a foul ? I'm all for letting them play it out at the end, but you can't swallow a whistle when it's clearly a foul. And that was most definitely a foul.
The missed double dribble by Jerome was preceded by 23 for Auburn grabbing his jersey most likely causing the loss of ball control.

That's where I stand, if they dont call the foul, then the media and fans are talking about the no call. It was clearly a foul, guy got in a bad position, tried to make up for it, didnt have control and his momentum took him into the shooter.

No, go look at the video. Doughty moved into Guys space.  They reviewed it, replayed and everyone pretty much said the same thing  That's pretty clear IMO.  I'm a Samir Doughty fan. He transferred from VCU when Wade left and the new coach took over, but he moved into Guy not the other way around.

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

ESPN going all in on Auburn should have been in the championship storyline. 

Don't give a shit about either team but I realized I was pulling for UVA because poor aggy.  But in hindsight, the only thing better than barn Losing would have been for them to make the finals and lose like 50-20 to tech, because fuck aggy.  

Remember our MNC when aggy had their "just for this one day" bullshit and they were Texas fans?   They don't understand the difference between rivalry and obsession, could you imagine a scenario where you root for land thieves?    That wasn't conference pride either, that was "my big brother is going to kick everyone's ass and I hope I am just like him one day".  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

what if they played a national championship game and only 60% of the normal audience watched

Zion Williamson ain’t walking through those doors...

That being said, both of the teams involved are very compelling if one actually went beyond whatever ESPN regurgitated.

Nope.  Tooo easy to be lazy...( the alleged normal fan, not you)

Edited by Iceman

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Zion Williamson ain’t walking through those doors...

That being said, both of the teams involved are very compelling if one actually went beyond whatever ESPN regurgitated.

Nope.  Tooo easy to be lazy...

Bingo. Couldn't it be interesting that we have two first-time finalists, the (co) champions of the two best conferences in the sport? Maybe, but.... it doesn't match two of the 12-15 programs that move ESPN's needle and neither of these teams is a long-shot low seed so better luck next year everyone! 

I'm not heartbroken over it, but it's not fair to Virginia or Tech that this is treated like a "whoops! whoopsie!" championship game.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

Not sure why ESPN wants to manufacture a controversy. That was a legit foul on the last shot. They called the same thing at the end of the Purdue/Tennessee game. Should’ve known they’ve been calling it all tournament long. That being said, wouldn’t have had a problem if they wouldn’t have called it.

The missed double dribble was a missed call that happens 20 times a game, like when a guy drags a pivot foot or a guy palms/carries a ball when driving.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Not sure why ESPN wants to manufacture a controversy. That was a legit foul on the last shot. They called the same thing at the end of the Purdue/Tennessee game. Should’ve known they’ve been calling it all tournament long. That being said, wouldn’t have had a problem if they wouldn’t have called it.

The missed double dribble was a missed call that happens 20 times a game, like when a guy drags a pivot foot or a guy palms/carries a ball when driving.

yea even Barkley said it was a foul....and fuck all the assholes saying shit like well yea it was a foul, but you can't call a little foul like that AT THAT POINT IN THE GAME!

• Like 1

Don't give a shit about either team but I realized I was pulling for UVA because poor aggy.  But in hindsight, the only thing better than barn Losing would have been for them to make the finals and lose like 50-20 to tech, because fuck aggy.  
Remember our MNC when aggy had their "just for this one day" bullshit and they were Texas fans?   They don't understand the difference between rivalry and obsession, could you imagine a scenario where you root for land thieves?    That wasn't conference pride either, that was "my big brother is going to kick everyone's ass and I hope I am just like him one day".  
I root for sooners...

to...

eat a bag of dicks...

and...

diaf....

Burma Shave.

ad17aadcdac7d91723c90bc7a93938ba.gif819c4637f80397c2670bbacf34b129f7.gif

8d5d987d9df809bd88d417f61e8cb748.jpg2f4afc2ea3e19f672716b3a6701414dd.jpgde21973dda93733cf3b6b303e6c3fef1.gif
  • Like 3

Bingo. Couldn't it be interesting that we have two first-time finalists, the (co) champions of the two best conferences in the sport? Maybe, but.... it doesn't match two of the 12-15 programs that move ESPN's needle and neither of these teams is a long-shot low seed so better luck next year everyone! 
I'm not heartbroken over it, but it's not fair to Virginia or Tech that this is treated like a "whoops! whoopsie!" championship game.
Who gives a shit about ESPN. After all ESPN is owned by a 3 ft tall rat that had his older brother kidnapped by a crazed woodpecker so he could take over the family business. So suck it aggy boy.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Now that's an impressive feat. A collection of 2 and 3 star recruits will be playing for the championship.

It is true but misleading. Scooping up Matt Mooney and Tariq Owens from grad transfer was basically the equivalent of two 5-star one and dones given how they've played this year.

In other news, suck my ass captain blue blood dick sucker Jay Bilas:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It is true but misleading. Scooping up Matt Mooney and Tariq Owens from grad transfer was basically the equivalent of two 5-star one and dones given how they've played this year.

Last year's Final Four aired on TBS. We need to compare the TV numbers to 2017, when they aired on CBS.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Now that's an impressive feat. A collection of 2 and 3 star recruits will be playing for the championship.

Not to thread steal or rile up Goo, but how in the everliving F can Rick Barnes win the Coach of the Year (today)?  The list should begin and end with Beard.  Tech was picked 7th in the preseason (Big 12) polls; TN 2nd.  TN ended up tied for 2nd, didn't win the SEC tourney, and lost to a lower seed in the tourney (yes 2 v 3, semantics).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yes he’s a realltly good coach. But the GT’s were good before they got to Tech.  A lot of teams including Texas wanted Culver so that ranking seems like BS   

Va’s offense is run by a 5’9 freshman PG who was a 3-star. 

The GTs were so awesome,  with their huge contributions looming,Tech was picked fucking 7th in the Big XII after making the Elite Eight last season.

Beard coached his ass off this season.  Players played too, but wholly fock...

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Chad said:

Not only are those guys being developed it also shows how important having guys that are 3,4 and 5 year guys are. Beard has a system so he knows what to look for in transfers ans shaka looks and go "damn he can jump sign him up" because he has no system at all. Fuck i'm pissed again.

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

The end of the world is near.  Bilas, after being a non TTU respector throughout the entire play offs now picks them over Virginia.  Seth Davis too.  The end is near.

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic