Dallas Stars 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Is it just my imagination or do the Blues hit a lot of shit inadvertantly( wink wink) while skating?  Is it dirty hockey or just carelessness?

They started hitting each other this game with the wreck at the blue line and one of em ran Binnington too.

Still pissed about the penalty on Benn in Gm 1 when he tapped skates with a St Louis player.  Hell, the Blues play like they're on free skate at the local pond...

Fuck St Louis.  Go Stars!!!

Edited by slorch

PSA: I can't use my Game 4 Tix on Weds (120 Row L 1&2 on the aisle).  Basically 11th row blue line so pretty close to perfect seats IMO.  Paid $290/per after fees on ticketmaster.   Current payout on my Stubhub listing is $560 total after their absurd mark-up so will let them go for that although reserve the right to bump that up if not sold before/during game and Stars win tonight and market shifts (this town loves a winner).

43 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

A real fan wouldn’t sell, bro. 

Haha. My playoff buddy is out of town Weds for work and I have a 2 year old and 7 week old and haven't missed a home playoff game yet.  I'm starting to take some shit!   Also slight chance I may have access to a corporate seat Weds (in which case I'll just take the L at home and make up for it later).

• Like 1

Must-win tonight. I know I'm not really stepping out on a limb here but I think the winner tonight takes the series. If the Blues win, it's simply setting up the pattern of trading wins and the math does not work for the Stars in that situation. If the Stars win, however, I think it will show that this relatively playoff-untested group is learning what it takes to perform -- and win -- in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We lost game 3 last series and advanced in 6. Game 5 in a tied series are generally much bigger “must win” games than game 3. 

I’ll be be there tonight. Let’s get Reunion rowdy. 

I don't necessarily disagree. Game 5 is always the pivotal game. I just have a feeling if the Stars can come out with a strong performance and win tonight, it's a bit like announcing you're for real rather than this win-loss-win-loss pattern. In other words, teams always adjust in between games. Let's see if the Stars can still beat the Blues after they make their adjustments.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I don't necessarily disagree. Game 5 is always the pivotal game. I just have a feeling if the Stars can come out with a strong performance and win tonight, it's a bit like announcing you're for real rather than this win-loss-win-loss pattern. In other words, teams always adjust in between games. Let's see if the Stars can still beat the Blues after they make their adjustments.

You’re both right. We’ll win them both because we’re the better team. 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:28 AM, slorch said:

Is it just my imagination or do the Blues hit a lot of shit inadvertantly( wink wink) while skating?  Is it dirty hockey or just carelessness?

They started hitting each other this game with the wreck at the blue line and one of em ran Binnington too.

Still pissed about the penalty on Benn in Gm 1 when he tapped skates with a St Louis player.  Hell, the Blues play like they're on free skate at the local pond...

Fuck St Louis.  Go Stars!!!

Yeah no shit. I finally just got to watch game 2. I was saying these guys were dirty AF after game 1, but double that for game 2. They're dirty as hell but cry like little bitches. Fuck em.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Must-win tonight. I know I'm not really stepping out on a limb here but I think the winner tonight takes the series. If the Blues win, it's simply setting up the pattern of trading wins and the math does not work for the Stars in that situation. If the Stars win, however, I think it will show that this relatively playoff-untested group is learning what it takes to perform -- and win -- in the playoffs.

I don't think the Blues are going to win another game in this series. Unless they bring David Freese out to drop the ceremonial first puck in Game 5. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Man imagine if a guy like Zeke grew up playing hockey. Dude would be an absolute enforcer.

My friend said that last night. We were watching the video of Zeke and Dak meeting the guys after a Rd 1 game.  He said he definitely wouldn't want to be hit by Zeke.