2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Are there any Thunder fans/Westbrook defenders left?

I still like him.    I do recognize his faults though.  His ego is too big.   He is gonna shot 25-30 times no matter whether he is hitting or not.     He hit a few big shots last night but there is no way he should be shooting 31 times when many other players on his team are shooting well.

1 hour ago, Chad said:

The 25 million dollar man got worked by Kanter with a bad shoulder. What a joke. Adams is garbage and I'm glad the Thunder are stuck with that albatross of a contract. Adams never became an All-star, earned a spot on the All-nba team or even found his way onto the all-defensive team. The goof legitimately just hangs around the paint and dunks the ball when he's unchecked.

Needs to find a new team.

The 25 million dollar man got worked by Kanter with a bad shoulder. What a joke. Adams is garbage and I'm glad the Thunder are stuck with that albatross of a contract. Adams never became an All-star, earned a spot on the All-nba team or even found his way onto the all-defensive team. The goof legitimately just hangs around the paint and dunks the ball when he's unchecked.
I'd take Adams on the wolves any day. Much better than taj Gibson which isnt saying much. Hes just not going to win with 0 as a teammate

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

This is Lillard completely diarrhea shitting all over Russ. Covered him. My favorite quote was when he called Russ a bitchass motherfucker, albeit indirectly.

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-the-assassins-mindset-and-trash-talk-of-damian-lillards-matchup-against-russell-westbrook-152741789.html

"Stop runnin' from this ass whooping." is very strong.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

"Stop runnin' from this ass whooping." is very strong.

That’s the line I picked up on.  WB needs to go undercover.  He’s lucky af he has that soft ass media in okc.  

Hell D Rose was shit on pretty hard here in Chicago and most of his issues were injury related.   Bit of a head case too but still no WB.  He never was a shit talker...

Just to illustrate how inefficient Westbrook is, a guy on reddit charted his average vs other players based on volume, and you can see the steep decline of these past few years. Take note, 2016/17 is when he won the MVP and was in the bottom 10% of efficient shooters. In contrast, Steph Curry is show below, and you can see his 2015/16 numbers were the most ridiculously efficient of all time for a single season. Also, this year Curry was #1 again, and KD is #2 lol...  

gt25whevv7u21.png

zjtanf9hw7u21.png

35 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Just to illustrate how inefficient Westbrook is, a guy on reddit charted his average vs other players based on volume, and you can see the steep decline of these past few years. Take note, 2016/17 is when he won the MVP and was in the bottom 10% of efficient shooters. In contrast, Steph Curry is show below, and you can see his 2015/16 numbers were the most ridiculously efficient of all time for a single season. Also, this year Curry was #1 again, and KD is #2 lol...  

gt25whevv7u21.png

zjtanf9hw7u21.png

Some efficient scorers on the Warriors, which is the key to their dominance. I'm sure Klay Thompson is up there too

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

gt25whevv7u21.png

zjtanf9hw7u21.png

Maybe I’m misunderstanding here but how is this an efficiency measure? It looks like it’s just a compilation of +/- which isn’t indicative of much of anything. We also already have measures for efficiency like PER, eFG, VORP, etc.

This series has been such a beating to watch. I'm never a fan of cheering for the Rockets but kind of hoping they close it out so we can move on to the 2nd round already. This has been an all-time unenertaining first round (but I think the rest of the playoffs are going to be great).

Just now, Aldo Raine said:

Lol yes, that was his version of a ‘bleep’ after Chris Paul said the word ass in his post game interview.

We might be talking about different moments, either way he is getting senile just like Marv. We need an influx of better NBA commentators. 

On another note, Golden State is -14.5 tonight. Woof. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We might be talking about different moments, either way he is getting senile just like Marv. We need an influx of better NBA commentators. 

On another note, Golden State is -14.5 tonight. Woof. 

Harlan is great. I blame his brainfarts on having to deal with Reggie Miller during NBA season.

8 points is int. I don't think the Clippers will keep this up - but it means the Ws need at least one good run to retake the lead. 

Giving up 70 in the first half in a close out game at home is never a good look. 

Well, one of Golden State's MVPs has showed up, at least.

Draymond has been awful and Curry hasn't done any Curry stuff yet

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I am shocked at the histrionics he’s allowed to get away with.  Yapping, clapping, screaming, kneeing Beverly several times.  

Should have been tossed.  

And the foul that sent him into a tizzy?   It was the right call.  It wasn’t even close.  

It’s so fucking rigged.