2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Message Board User said:

I can't see the Nets taking back Wiggins - Atkinson loves the 3 and Wiggins can't shoot.

Yea, I didn't say they would.  I think the TWolves another suitor for Wiggins.  Some terrible team who will get a first rounder and probably unload some of their own bad money (but less).  What would be the offer for Russell?  19-22m?

59 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Maybe I need stupid question amnesty for this, but what does Jimmy Butler do for the Heat?

They won 39 games this past season without him; with Butler, they'll win....40?  42?

They're gonna pay an assload of money for the next 4 years for a guy who will be an old 30 years old by training camp.

14 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Maybe I need stupid question amnesty for this, but what does Jimmy Butler do for the Heat?

They won 39 games this past season without him; with Butler, they'll win....40?  42?

They're gonna pay an assload of money for the next 4 years for a guy who will be an old 30 years old by training camp.

He's better than anyone on their team currently and they would be trying to offload one or two of their shitty contracts to get him.     He is a Riley type guy too.   Really hard working guy that will expect that out of his teammates.    He alone wont win them a title but he gives them a very nice building block for the next couple years, even if he is 30

Edited by d2o

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Would be interesting if they could pull that off, why Charlotte would want Rozier is equally interesting.

CHA just wants bodies........................that and MJ sucks as a talent evaluator.    

53 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You are retarded.

Lulz. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.  Looked it up to confirm and you're wrong, as usual. 

Supermax is 35% of the salary cap the year it's signed and then an additional 8% of that first year's salary can be added each year regardless of that year's cap, which is why Steph Curry's contract value was 36.7% of the 2018-2019 salary cap, not 35% like it should be if you were correct. 

So yes, if Giannias signs that supermax and the NBA salary cap doesn't keep increasing by 8% or more each year, then Giannis' salary will take up a greater amount than 35% of the cap each year and could get up to 40 - 45% of the cap. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.  Looked it up to confirm and you're wrong, as usual. 

Supermax is 35% of the salary cap the year it's signed and then an additional 8% of that first year salary can be added each year, which is why Steph Curry's contract value was 36.7% of the 2018-2019 salary cap, not 35% like it should be if you were correct. 

So yes, if Giannias signs that supermax and the NBA salary cap doesn't keep increasing by 8% or more each year, then Giannis' salary will take up a greater amount than 35% of the cap each year and could get up to 40 - 45% of the cap. 

Interesting wrinkle.   Seems like something the league wouldn't allow.