2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

47 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Someone needs to shoot the person responsible for playing the SAME, the same, organ music on every Houston possession.  We get it ,"Let's go Rockets'".

Jesus.

been that way for decades, right?  btw, tonight it was "Let's go Gordon" 

Edited by NowThis

Steph Curry in the last 10 playoff games not in the first round:

85/205 = 41.4% FG%

44/122 = 36.0% 3PT%

For whatever reason, Steph hasn't really been able to get his shot going much vs the good to great teams.  Those percentages aren't terrible, but for the best shooter in the world and maybe in history, they're not good enough.  So far this series:

D5zbe-7U0AAN2Ng.jpg

8 for 32 or 25% from 3 in this series.  This is sort of bad news/good news for the Warriors, I'm going to guess Kerr thinks.  2-1 with Steph shooting like Swaggy P.  He needs a couple of hot games because if he can't hit from distance, what is he?  Not a dunker!

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Steph Curry in the last 10 playoff games not in the first round:

85/205 = 41.4% FG%

44/122 = 36.0% 3PT%

For whatever reason, Steph hasn't really been able to get his shot going much vs the good to great teams.  Those percentages aren't terrible, but for the best shooter in the world and maybe in history, they're not good enough.  So far this series:

D5zbe-7U0AAN2Ng.jpg

8 for 32 or 25% from 3 in this series.  This is sort of bad news/good news for the Warriors, I'm going to guess Kerr thinks.  2-1 with Steph shooting like Swaggy P.  He needs a couple of hot games because if he can't hit from distance, what is he?  Not a dunker!

5 of those games (Games 6&7 of the WCF, and 1, 2, 4 of the Finals) ranged between great and transcendent. The problem is, in the other 5 (4 against Houston), he has been largely dogshit. Feast or famine isn't good enough for a superstar and leader of a championship team. Consistency matters. He misses a couple of shots, and then looks disinterested, and moves around the court without conviction.

Houston has done a great job focusing in on him with trapping and off-ball physicality knowing that KD is going to get his regardless (so why risk doubling?), and the rest of the Warriors' offense goes as Steph goes. But he still has to be better.

Kerr usually makes a concerted effort to put the ball in his hands and run more PnR when he's in a slump, so I expect we'll see similar tomorrow.

Edited by aggie08

So far this series has been close every game, Houston losing by 6 and 4 and now winning by 5 in OT. I personally think Houston would have to win in 6 and 4 games in a row to avoid a game 7 in oracle which is the only reason I think they won't win and I've been a little surprised by how some have acted like Houston is getting blasted by 25 and have no shot. To lose by 4 and 6 on the road against the two time defending champs I always believed they could win both of these home games. That's why I have never cared how my team wins and get caught up in point deferential. I wouldn't be surprised to see GS win game 4 and feel like all 3 of the games could have easily been flipped, Hou could be up 2-1 and could be down 0-3 so it's been a good series so far.

Whoever gets Denver or Portland is going to blast them in 5.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So far this series has been close every game, Houston losing by 6 and 4 and now winning by 5 in OT. I personally think Houston would have to win in 6 and 4 games in a row to avoid a game 7 in oracle which is the only reason I think they won't win and I've been a little surprised by how some have acted like Houston is getting blasted by 25 and have no shot. To lose by 4 and 6 on the road against the two time defending champs I always believed they could win both of these home games. That's why I have never cared how my team wins and get caught up in point deferential. I wouldn't be surprised to see GS win game 4 and feel like all 3 of the games could have easily been flipped, Hou could be up 2-1 and could be down 0-3 so it's been a good series so far.

Whoever gets Denver or Portland is going to blast them in 5.

I think it has more to do with the fact that GS has played like shit in this series (for the most part), yet they lead 2-1, and would be up 3-0 if their other transcendent superstar looked like he had a pulse in this series. He hasn’t been making his shots, but you’d have to think those shots are going to start falling for “the greatest shooter who’s ever lived”. And maybe this is just me being naive, but it doesn’t seem like Houston’s defense has been especially strong against him. It’s just a matter of the shots not going in. 

If Steph continues to play like he’s been playing, then yes, Houston should move on because they’re the better team when Steph is this bad. I just don’t think he’s this bad, and I have a feeling the flood gates are about to open for games 4 and 5.

Not sure why GS didn't try to ride KD more in OT. That sequence at the start of the 4th they didn't run any plays for KD. He brought it up court and went 1 on 1 FTW. He was brilliant. Houston was obviously not going to let him go one on one in OT, but they should have forced the issue a bit. They could have tried running him off those double high screens with Iguodola or Klay in the corners.

got a feeling Steph is going to get 30 tonight. Kerr will order the team to get Steph and Klay more shots and use KD as a decoy because getting those 2 in harmony is critical to winning a title. 

Edited by NowThis

Klay and Curry started off well, but after the first quarter, they've reverted to not GSW standard.  Klay especially is taking some bad quick shots.  If you're feeling it and in the zone, okay, but when you're struggling offensively and defensively, try and run some offense and get better looks.

Harden is in his zone so Houston has a huge advantage right now.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

At what point do we acknowledge the fact that Steph Curry is a below average to bad postseason player? I know, he’s hurt. Like always. That’s the only reason he’s shooting like Draymond Green from 3. 

But seriously, Steph is choking really badly in this series. Anytime he’s facing a team that poses a real threat, he’s trash.

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we acknowledge the fact that Steph Curry is a below average to bad postseason player? I know, he’s hurt. Like always. That’s the only reason he’s shooting like Draymond Green from 3. 

But seriously, Steph is choking really badly in this series. Anytime he’s facing a team that poses a real threat, he’s trash.

He heard you.

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we acknowledge the fact that Steph Curry is a below average to bad postseason player?

Whenever he starts playing like a below average to bad postseason player