2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Whenever he starts playing like a below average to bad postseason player 

2-9 from 3 today. 0 points/rebounds/assists in the 4th quarter and OT of game 3 (a game where if he showed a pulse, the warriors are up 3-0). Looked like shit in games 1 and 2. I don’t know man. You know what you’re getting from KD every night. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

2-9 from 3 today. 0 points/rebounds/assists in the 4th quarter and OT of game 3. Looked like shit in games 1 and 2. I don’t know man. You know what you’re getting from KD every night. 

Curry has a ring without KD in case you forgot - and was phenomenal in both of their Finals series the past 2 years. 

Not debating who is the better postseason performer, but Curry has never been a "below average" playoff performer.

Just now, ztejas said:

Curry has a ring without KD in case you forgot - and was phenomenal in both of their Finals series the past 2 years. 

Not debating who is the better postseason performer, but Curry has never been a "below average" playoff performer.

That Steph, the back to back MVP and first ever unanimous MVP? That Steph doesn’t exist anymore. 

And hell that Steph even got locked up by delevadova (sp?). I’m obviously exaggerating a little bit, but he plays like shit against Houston. And it isn’t how they’re playing him. He’s missing the same shots he normally makes. 

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That Steph, the back to back MVP and first ever unanimous MVP? That Steph doesn’t exist anymore.

And hell that Steph even got locked up by delevadova (sp?). I’m obviously exaggerating a little bit, but he plays like shit against Houston. And it isn’t how they’re playing him. He’s missing the same shots he normally makes. 

Stahp

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Do we agree that unless Steph is the transcendent 2016 version of himself, Houston is just the better team? Banking on KD to score 45+ is a rough strategy lol

No.  He can't suck and needs to be play well but he doesn't need to be transcendent.  Klay needs to be better.... much better.  He's actually hurting his team tonight.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

40 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

At what point do we acknowledge the fact that Steph Curry is a below average to bad postseason player? I know, he’s hurt. Like always. That’s the only reason he’s shooting like Draymond Green from 3. 

But seriously, Steph is choking really badly in this series. Anytime he’s facing a team that poses a real threat, he’s trash.

lulz,

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No.  He can't suck and needs to be play well but he doesn't need to be transcendent.  Klay needs to be better.... much better.  He's actually hurting his team tonight.

Yea when your third best player (allegedly) is putting up Danny Green numbers, well it's not gonna turn out well.  

This is definitely the most beatable the Warriors have been the past 3 seasons. Not because this series is tied, but because this isn't the best team they will play, and if they make the Finals they will be playing without HCA. 

This isnt like last year where the WCF was the Finals. Milwaukee or Toronto could give them issues in a 7 game series.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

This is definitely the most beatable the Warriors have been the past 3 seasons. Not because this series is tied, but because this isn't the best team they will play, and if they make the Finals they will be playing without HCA. 

This isnt like last year where the WCF was the Finals. Milwaukee or Toronto could give them issues in a 7 game series.

I’m not trusting any of the teams in the east to win a 7 game series against either one of these teams. Definitely not Toronto. Kawhi is playing like he’s arguably the best player in these playoffs, but that series would be over in 5.

Just now, NowThis said:

Game 6 in Houston, Houston isn't going to have a 13-17 point cushion to squander. They'd better be on A++ that night or it's done then. 

unless they win in GS, which could easily happen if GS's stars (aside from KD) continue to go missing for huge stretches/entire games.

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m not trusting any of the teams in the east to win a 7 game series against either one of these teams. Definitely not Toronto. Kawhi is playing like he’s arguably the best player in these playoffs, but that series would be over in 5.

I would put a substantial amount of money on MIL were they to play HOU right now in a 7 game series. 

6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

unless they win in GS, which could easily happen if GS's stars (aside from KD) continue to go missing for huge stretches/entire games.

I think HOU needs to win game 5. I don't see them winning a game 7 in Oracle. 

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I would put a substantial amount of money on MIL were they to play HOU right now in a 7 game series. 

Man, if things were to play out that way, my head says “jump all over that bet because that might be easy money” but my heart says “why would you actively go out of your way to root for Houston in a series against Milwaukee”. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

It could happen if Houston moves the ball and makes open 3's. It won't if they dribble the ball for 18 seconds and then force shots like they did the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter.

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lulz wat? Toronto? Those fucks aren't doing shit and Toronto is not better than Houston.

KD elbowing CP3 in the face: https://streamable.com/171qi

Draymond trying to sell a hit to the head, kinda hurts himself flopping to the floor lol:  https://streamable.com/nrbmj

Through 4 games James Harden has 143 points this series. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson have a combined 145 points.

Harden:

143 points on 108 shots

29 rebounds

20 assists

Durant:

144 points on 100 shots

20 rebounds

18 assists

Rockets’ P.J. Tucker: ‘I’m living my dream right now guarding Kevin Durant’  https://theundefeated.com/features/houston-rockets-pj-tucker-im-living-my-dream-right-now-guarding-kevin-durant/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Shaun Livingston is a sad sack now.  He missed a fucking wide open layup.

I hope he just retires, and saves Golden State the sadness of waiving his partially guaranteed contract for next year. I don't even think it's physical at this point; it's not like he's ever depending on tremendous athleticism since his injury. He's just mentally broke as a basketball player. I knew he was going to foul Harden on that 3 the second he switched onto him. He won't even attempt his trademark post jumper anymore. He's pretty much useless out there. Hard to watch.

Steph played the entire 2nd half last night. I can't remember when/if Kerr has ever done that. They have no one else.

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

What is up with you and Houston? First you thought that Utah was a few Donovan Mitchell shots away from making it a series (despite losing the first two games by 32 and 20 points), then you weren't sure that the Rockets were any better than the Clippers (c'mon man), and now they'll get worked by the Eastern representative in the Finals.

It's okay to admit that Houston is really fucking good, especially when Playoff Harden is playing like Regular Season Harden. They probably would have won last year had Harden played like he has the past 2 games.

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What is up with you and Houston?

I'm not biased like half of you in this thread, and I've been watching every team play in the playoffs. 

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's okay to admit that Houston is really fucking good, especially when Playoff Harden is playing like Regular Season Harden. They probably would have won last year had Harden played like he has the past 2 games.

Houston and Golden State have both taken a step back since last season. This is not a 67 win Rockets team and the Warriors bench plus Klay is playing some dreadful basketball right now. These are not hot takes. 

Questioning whether or not the Rockets are better than the Clippers is a scorching hot take.

I agree that this series isn't essentially the Finals like it so obviously was last year, but I'd bet either of these teams will be favored over the Bucks or whomever in the East.