The confluence of sports and politics: the WH visit

Bullneck

14 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't get why Baylor even went. 

You don't get why a southern baptist "university" pressured their students to go to see the president, who's preacher is the head guy at first baptist dallas? Really?

Baptist love them some trump.

• Like 5

and given the prevailing wisdom on how women's teams are more controlling than the men's teams, I imagine the Baylor team wasn't given much of a choice. 

People should want to visit the WH and the President regardless of politics. But Trump likes to interject politics into sports (Kapaernick, Bosa congrats) that some people may be wary that a WH visit is somehow approving his rhetoric or policies.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Can we start placing bets on where his library (full of coloring books) ends up?

My best guess is Liberty.

Probably the best guess, but don't put it past A&M to put all of GHWB's shit out on the curb and move Trump's stuff into the building in CS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, relapse98 said:

Can we start placing bets on where his library (full of coloring books) ends up?

Other schools admins will want it, but cooler heads will prevail and they will politely decline.   Liberty seems the likely location.

14 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't get why Baylor even went. 

This is Baylor, that school that lives by "boys will be boys" and fake Christianity and told Brittany Griner to keep her dyke mouth shut about her lifestyle and act straight when representing Baylor. 

Of course they went. 

• Like 1

In other news, Tiger Woods reportedly will be visiting the WH on Monday (presumably to pick up his medal of freedom or whatever it is that Trump is awarding him for winning the Masters).  

Wonder if he'll get Burger King or McDonald's?  (the correct answer is In & Out)

Edited by DDD Dad

In other news, Tiger Woods reportedly will be visiting the WH on Monday (presumably to pick up his medal of freedom or whatever it is that Trump is awarding him for winning the Masters).  
Wonder if he'll get Burger King or McDonald's?  (the correct answer is In & Out)

You pat him on the back and say congratulations and enjoy it and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. Got it. Or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You pat him on the back and say congratulations and enjoy it and tell him not to serve fried chicken next year. Got it. Or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve.

Meh.

Dangle a Perkins waitress in front of him, and watch the magic happen....

article-1233559-077AD753000005DC-876_468

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Probably the best guess, but don't put it past A&M to put all of GHWB's shit out on the curb and move Trump's stuff into the building in CS. 

Nah, you know aggy wouldn't hesitate to add an additional presidential library. Especially when one of the presidents is beloved by the SEC.

4 hours ago, relapse98 said:

We're nuts, but not that nuts.

That might be the most delusional claim posted the CR this year. You guys will give him a 21 jizz jar salute and name your next collie after that buffoon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I respect peoples reasons for not visiting the WH, but it's not supposed to be a political thing.  

Neither is a speech to the Boy Scouts but Trump makes everything political. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 1:10 PM, relapse98 said:

Trump Tower. Trump Presidential Museum bourght to you by the Trump Organization. 

The ‘library’ will be a ‘library’ just like the Creation Museum in Kentucky is a ‘museum’.

He’ll charge $30 / head to enter the library where wax figures of Trump and his cabinet document the ‘acheivements’ of the administration. No books, no scholarship. TV’s on the wall showing a seamingly endless stream of Fox News converage from his time as president.

It’ll be part of every Trumpkin’s haj to NYC. Hell, they’ll probably get a city pass deal like: Buy a ticket to the Trump Library and get a free tour of the Fox News studios and $5 off an appetizer at Guy Fieri’s International House of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. 

Say my co-workers and I won some new national award called Workplace of the Year, and trump invited us to the WH. I can’t imagine going unless it was career ending. I would rate a normal workday over going to meet trump.

on the Red Sox, Cora wasn’t being fully honest with his opinion. He doesn’t mention trump or trumps reaction to Puerto Rico. Instead says that with so much PR recovery work to do, it’s not a time to celebrate. Did Cora refuse all WS celebrations last Fall?   But I do get as the manager, he doesn’t want to make it overly political to cause strife on the team. I’m sure he and other sr mgmt worked on his statement for months.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Say my co-workers and I won some new national award called Workplace of the Year, and trump invited us to the WH. I can’t imagine going unless it was career ending. I would rate a normal workday over going to meet trump.

on the Red Sox, Cora wasn’t being fully honest with his opinion. He doesn’t mention trump or trumps reaction to Puerto Rico. Instead says that with so much PR recovery work to do, it’s not a time to celebrate. Did Cora refuse all WS celebrations last Fall?   But I do get as the manager, he doesn’t want to make it overly political to cause strife on the team. I’m sure he and other sr mgmt worked on his statement for months.

Rather than calling Cora "less than honest", or basically dishonest, I would say he's being diplomatic.

17 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

Rather than calling Cora "less than honest", or basically dishonest, I would say he's being diplomatic.

Perhaps to failed to read my opening sentence. I respect peoples right to choose not to go to the WH.  Where was I assigning blame ?  You can jump to conclusions all you'd like, it won't make you correct in your unfounded assumptions.

I find it unfortunate that people would choose that route.  It's the nations home, and it's a celebratory/congratulatory occasion regardless of who's in the Oval Office. Respect the office/place not the man or woman occupying the chair.

38 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Perhaps to failed to read my opening sentence. I respect peoples right to choose not to go to the WH.  Where was I assigning blame ?

By choosing to frame the issue, even if partially, with the use of the word "honest".

Imo, it's not an issue of honesty. It's diplomacy. 

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Perhaps to failed to read my opening sentence. I respect peoples right to choose not to go to the WH.  Where was I assigning blame ?  You can jump to conclusions all you'd like, it won't make you correct in your unfounded assumptions.

I find it unfortunate that people would choose that route.  It's the nations home, and it's a celebratory/congratulatory occasion regardless of who's in the Oval Office. Respect the office/place not the man or woman occupying the chair.

Trump has decided to politicize sports so he and the nation have to live with the consequences. He also decided that he only wants to be the President of 40% of the nation so once again, live the consequences.   

When players and full teams decide to not go to the WH, they're not disrespecting the office, they're disrespecting him. Nothing wrong with that.

Platitudes like "respect the office regardless who's there" ring hollow in the Trump era. When is Trump going to follow the advice of respecting the office?

• Like 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump has decided to politicize sports so he and the nation have to live with the consequences. He also decided that he only wants to be the President of 40% of the nation so once again, live the consequences.   

When players and full teams decide to not go to the WH, they're not disrespecting the office, they're disrespecting him. Nothing wrong with that.

Platitudes like "respect the office regardless who's there" ring hollow in the Trump era. When is Trump going to follow the advice of respecting the office?

What did he do to politicize sports ?

When hasn't he?  He interjected himself into players' protest against cops killing african-americans. He only congratulates newly drafted football players that support him. He called the Kentucky Derby ruling a product of political correctness.  This list can on and on.

He can't say anything without politicizing it. don't be obtuse.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When hasn't he?  He interjected himself into players' protest against cops killing african-americans. He only congratulates newly drafted football players that support him. He called the Kentucky Derby ruling a product of political correctness.  This list can on and on.

The only one of those I've seen were the Kaepernik (sp.) comments.  I don't follow his twitter comments, which is where I'm assuming you'd find those.

Anyone that still supports this moron should be forced to follow him on twitter and see just how fucking stupid and offensive he is on an almost hourly basis. 

Just in the last week he has politicized the NFL draft and the “Kentuky” Derby. Today he’ll make a ceremony with Tiger Woods political. 

Edited by 4th&Five

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He also gets bitchy about athletes who don't pay fealty by visiting the White House after winning a championship.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and given the prevailing wisdom on how women's teams are more controlling than the men's teams, I imagine the Baylor team wasn't given much of a choice. 

People should want to visit the WH and the President regardless of politics. But Trump likes to interject politics into sports (Kapaernick, Bosa congrats) that some people may be wary that a WH visit is somehow approving his rhetoric or policies.

DOTARD is the only president I would decline an invitation to meet.

Although it would be tempting to meet him and when he tries to do that retarded hand shake with me, crush his puny hand with my gorilla-like hand strength.

• Like 1

I believe that some athletes are concerned they could be made a pawn in case Trump decides to make a political statement during one of the athletic ceremonies. However Trump is too much of a coward to do that. He doesn't act nice for politeness but rather he's worried that someone will tell him off to his face.  If Colin K. showed up to a WH ceremony, Trump wouldn't say anything.

I would agree to meet him just to have a chance to look him directly in the eye and tell him he's an embarrassment to the country and he should resign. I know that would have zero affect on him, but it needs to be said by every single citizen possible. 

1 minute ago, seven said:

I would agree to meet him just to have a chance to look him directly in the eye and tell him he's an embarrassment to the country and he should resign. I know that would have zero affect on him, but it needs to be said by every single citizen possible. 

This.

Guest Lobo

Didn't Trump have a hard time remembering the name of the building that he was standing outside of during Easter?  

If you can't name the place you're inviting people to, and you also live in that place, you don't get to invite people to that place.  

On 5/6/2019 at 11:26 AM, seven said:

What would have an effect is to crush his hand like a grape, then comment on how small, soft, and weak his hands are. Then turn to the cameras/press and ask "can you believe how puny his hands are?" as if he wasn't standing right there.