2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

Just now, Dutchrudder said:

Awful 4th quarter led to the loss. Not much hitting to end the game. Dunno what happened to Capella, but it felt like he didn't play the last 8 minutes.

Foul trouble.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

The refs aren't responsible for the Rockets giving up 116 points at home. Give it a rest.

Did you watch the game? CP3 and Harden each had 5 fouls and Clint had 4. The officiating was one way the whole game. They overturned an offensive foul on Goobert and turned into a foul on Clint for NOTHING. 

1 minute ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Foul trouble.

Did you watch the game? CP3 and Harden each had 5 fouls and Clint had 4. The officiating was one way the whole game. They overturned an offensive foul on Goobert and turned into a foul on Clint for NOTHING. 

You must have missed the part where Mitchell and Exum also had 5 fouls each. The Jazz had 25 FTA and the Rockets had 27 FTA. But keep fucking that chicken.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

They shot 51% and we shot 40%.  It happens.

We're 2-0 in Utah this season.  We'll get at least one of the next two.

Rockets should be able to take them both. I'm sure Reggie Miller just loves these guys, but the Jazz are garbage.

I hope Mittens Romney and the Utah fans get BTFO. Worstbrook said they were shit talking his family, maybe some shit like that will light a fire under some of these Rockets.

They need an asshole. They need Green to throw some elbows and put some fear in the other team. PJ ain't doing it.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

You must have missed the part where Mitchell and Exum also had 5 fouls each. The Jazz had 25 FTA and the Rockets had 27 FTA. But keep fucking that chicken.

So you didn't watch it and you jist think the stats can tell the story od how shit the officiating was? 

I think the Rockets take the next 3 anyway, then the way this one was officiated will be pretty obvious.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Three point makes was the difference. Rockets won every other stat line. Rebounds, steals, blocks, and won the turnover battle. Rockets only chance of winning a title is to hit threes.

Pretty much, because the Rockets will not defend the 3 pt line (haven't done it the entire season). They just might have to start defending because Utah will continue to chase them off of the 3 pt line - so less attempts by the Rockets.

Just now, Sidney Sherman said:

So you didn't watch it and you jist think the stats can tell the story od how shit the officiating was? 

I think the Rockets take the next 3 anyway, then the way this one was officiated will be pretty obvious.

If the Rockets win the next 3 in a row, I'll eat my hat.

Yeah who gives a shit about the officiating.  Defense was terrible, Paul was bad, Harden was bad, and the supporting cast let Joe Engels, Dante Exum, and some guy named Burks punk them at home.  Now they have to get their shit together and win on the road.

Edited by CurlyDumps

23 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Foul trouble.

You seem unhinged. 

Man, stop with refs.  Yeah, they missed some calls, but it seemed pretty even to me, and I'm a total homer.  They were incompetent, not biased.

Again: they shot 51% and we shot 40%.  Game over.

The fucking refs didn't force us to leave a 5-foot radius of open court around Ingles all night.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Three point makes was the difference. Rockets won every other stat line. Rebounds, steals, blocks, and won the turnover battle. Rockets only chance of winning a title is to hit threes.

everything that's wrong with basketball wrapped up in one post.

Gortat was camping in the lane and boxing out creating clean drives to the basket. Need to call a couple of 3 second calls or change the strategy if they are going to let him do that. 

Great adjustments by Snyder. Can’t give away a first quarter like that, been that way for the last month and a half. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

I think that the officiating was pretty pro-Utah, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.  What frustrated me to no end was that our guys - especially Harden and CP3 - just stopped playing time and again to bitch about a missed call while Utah was running a fast-break the other way.  Reggie Miller kept harping about our defense being better when we score buckets on the offensive end - if our guys stopped whining instead of hustling back on D, we wouldn't have that problem.

Edited by Planet Houston

Rockets have lostbtwo games in the playoff so far, in both games the opposing teams shot more than likely there season high for made threes and percentage. The only way this rockets team will get beat by the likes of the jazz and minny is for them to out shoot Houston at a high rate. Tip your cap and move on to game 3. 

And for the record, I don't think Houston can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series, I will when I see them accomplish it but right now I don't like a team that hasn't ever won shit think they are good enough o play bored because they think or know that if they play ata high level will win. Don't take games off. Warriors can do it because they've won 2 titles. 

D’Antoni is being too rigid with the rotations. Especially with Paul and Harden. 

IMO our best line up of the season was Paul/Harde with Tucker Luc and Capela. 

By the time Ariza came back from injury, Luc was hurt so it was natural to go back to the Ariza line up. 

Playoffs are a different animal and staying on the regular season script will have consequences 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

D’Antoni is being too rigid with the rotations. Especially with Paul and Harden. 

IMO our best line up of the season was Paul/Harde with Tucker Luc and Capela. 

By the time Ariza came back from injury, Luc was hurt so it was natural to go back to the Ariza line up. 

Playoffs are a different animal and staying on the regular season script will have consequences 

His refusal to adapt will be the death of the Rockets. Every single point of this post is accurate. Harden needs more burn and the starting lineup should be Mbah a Moute instead of Ariza.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

It has always been the norm since shaggybevo that the team threads are not to be used for trolling and threadshitting. Do it all you want in the series and general threads.

It has been the norm since the internet participants shouldn't be so soft

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

https://streamable.com/vwl68

Face it, Harden a bitch.

Lmao, it's crazy to me that Rocket fans go the ref blaming route while Harden is pulling shit like this every game. 

Maybe if he actually tried to score the ball more often instead of trying to manufacture calls the Rockets would be actually capable of going the distance.

37 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lmao, it's crazy to me that Rocket fans go the ref blaming route while Harden is pulling shit like this every game. 

Maybe if he actually tried to score the ball more often instead of trying to manufacture calls the Rockets would be actually capable of going the distance.

So when a guy is guarding harden and he puts his arms out to hand check and harden pulls up quick to shoot causing the defenders arm to make contact and drawing the foul is a “bitch move”? Harden creates contact that is there to create, defenders can’t hand check and if the reach out and he pulls up then they are the idiots that don’t know how to guard harden. 

Just because Harden is the best at creating a legal move doesn’t mean it’s a bitch move. That’s what dumbasses say that can’t guard harden.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So when a guy is guarding harden and he puts his arms out to hand check and harden pulls up quick to shoot causing the defenders arm to make contact and drawing the foul is a “bitch move”? Harden creates contact that is there to create, defenders can’t hand check and if the reach out and he pulls up then they are the idiots that don’t know how to guard harden. 

Just because Harden is the best at creating a legal move doesn’t mean it’s a bitch move. That’s what dumbasses say that can’t guard harden.

I think hes a good player but its hard to respect a guy whose game is built around creating and exaggerating contact in order to get free throws. It's a strategy that literally begs the refs to participate and help you decide the outcome of the game.

The reality of the situation is that when the playoffs start and defenders are able to get away with a little more those whistles aren't gonna come as often, he's not gonna be used to playing through contact, and he's gonna get shook. As a result he is gonna be easier to defend.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

It’s not exaggerated just because you don’t like it. If you stick your arms out and harden takes advantage of that by going into a shooting motion and your arm creates contact with my arm tell me how that is a bitch move? Because it isn’t been done so now it’s a bitch move? 

Flopping when no contact is made like lebron and manu do is a bigger bitch move than taking advantage of actual contact. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think hes a good player but its hard to respect a guy whose game is built around creating and exaggerating contact in order to get free throws. It's a strategy that literally begs the refs to participate and help you decide the outcome of the game.

The reality of the situation is that when the playoffs start and defenders are able to get away with a little more those whistles aren't gonna come as often, he's not gonna be used to playing through contact, and he's gonna get shook. As a result he is gonna be easier to defend.

Until they change the rules, it's just smart basketball. KD does it as well as a number of other star players. Harden is just the master

• Like 1

The way guys kick out their legs on jump shots to create contact annoy's me more than the shooting through their arms thing. I really don't understand why they continue to reward that move, but it has been around as long as I can remember. Refs fall for it all the time.

19 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The way guys kick out their legs on jump shots to create contact annoy's me more than the shooting through their arms thing. I really don't understand why they continue to reward that move, but it has been around as long as I can remember. Refs fall for it all the time.

Actually they don't, they are now told only to protect the area below the shooter so they can land without twisting the fuck out of their ankle (Kawaii). 

I thought it was the Allen Iverson rule, but actually that's palming the ball and calling carry. It's the Reggie Miller rules.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1382890-breaking-down-what-the-new-reggie-miller-rule-will-mean-for-nba-jumpshooters