2017-18 Rockets Thread

The Tower

3 minutes ago, Roofle said:

Curry is such a fucking arrogant child.

Sad that he got Durant to keep him relevant and highly paid. He's such a turd. Who else in NBA history has ever thrown a tantrum and spit out his pacifier to throw at a referee and miss? Hit a fan with it, in the finals lol.

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Rockets gave up when they realized it was 8-5. The NBA has got to do something to clean up the officiating. It just leads to such shitty games. Not tough enough to play through it. But the third quarter officiating was an abortion. 

Yup. Once the players realize what the outcome is going to be based on the officiating they just go through the motions. It was pretty clear in the first quarter what was up. 

Not that it's a good excuse or anything but these guys are human. 

Damn missed so many bunnies. Going to have to play much harder Tuesday. I liked that we were attacking early, but got to finish through contact. Thought the officiating was hopeless one sided in the 1st half. Any touch was a foul on Houston.

Edited by HtownHorn

The offense was back to the Game 1 shittiness of pounding the air out of the ball until the end of the shot clock. Iso is fine if you get into it early and get the ball moving if the first man is beat off the dribble. 

Then we missed a billion layups and gave up. 

Edited by Planet Houston

Well that game last night reminded me why the rockets won’t ever win a title. How they came into last night and went back to playing soft and taking a game off is mind blowing. The rest of this series will play out like this In my head.

game 4- rockets play harder but lose by 7

game 5- rockets win at home by 10

game 6- rockets blown out by 20+

that felt like the mavs winning by 40 and us not caring. I always thought we would lose this series but losing by 41 after a great win is unbelievable 

5 hours ago, Simon Honeybone said:

Fucking Dumbtoni needs to get his head out of his ass and go back to what works. When Reggie Miller states the fucking obvious you know we have a coaching problem

Reggie is a fucking clown and has been all series. He cited the "hand is part of the ball" rule last night on a play where Harden was hit on the wrist after the ball was released on a jumpshot. Dude never knows when to shut the fuck up.

• Like 1

I'm gonna say it...

Last night, while watching the game, I thought to myself, "Ay, Self... I thought they said we didn't want Carmelo because he's a ball stopper...  this MF'er Harden is ball stopping af, right now..."

Nobody was really moving, though, so it didn't matter much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So tonight we will see the motivated, tough, defensive minded Rockets? or will we see the Rockets that know they have zero shot to win the series and believe that narrative so they check out and quit? 

Either way, you are going to find out what this team is made of tonight.

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So tonight we will see the motivated, tough, defensive minded Rockets? or will we see the Rockets that know they have zero shot to win the series and believe that narrative so they check out and quit? 

I still think we lose 4-2 and that's IF we play like we give a fuck.

I don't want you to be right... but I think you're right. 

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Either way, you are going to find out what this team is made of tonight.

Well the story has moved on from is Curry still hurt, to what does this mean for CP3s legacy. I think the Rockets have a chance to steal this one if KD has an off night. 

Mike Callahan, Kane Fitzgerald, Derrick Stafford

I’m still so pissed after last game, how the fuck do you lose by 41 after tying the series up at 1-1 and your head coach is actually uttering the words “we played soft tonight”. Anyone that thinks we are winning this series is insane. 

Iggy going down is about the only open door we have winning at the oracle. 

Mom posting the biggest reverse jinx post ever too so I’m hoping this works but I doubt it.

• Haha 1