Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran.

Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

And there's the rub. You can't have territorial waters that block a strait/right of passage.......or something like that. It's been a while since my maritime law class back in the early 90s.

Does that apply to airspace though?

And further.  If the US were to attack Iran, wouldn't this provide Iran with cover to mine the strait without violating international law. 

What a stupid fucking game. 

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Maybe we need to concentrate on rounding up iranian americans and relocating them, you know to make sure they are not terrorists. We will make sure they get soap.

I’m ready. I can’t wait for a war to break out. I will gladly do time in a concentration camp if a war leads to Iranian freedoms 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And further.  If the US were to attack Iran, wouldn't this provide Iran with cover to mine the strait without violating international law. 

Exactly what I was wondering. Does a remote control drone have the same rights as a ship? It doesn't make much sense that it would. 

3 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Exactly what I was wondering. Does a remote control drone have the same rights as a ship? It doesn't make much sense that it would. 

Also, maritime right of passage appears to require innocent intent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocent_passage Surveillance drone would not seem to fall under that, assuming that the rules of maritime passage are just drawn up into the sky. I am sure that there is a strong legal basis for international airspace boundaries around the strait.  [didn'tstayatholidayinn]

Edited by Anastasis

27 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m ready. I can’t wait for a war to break out. I will gladly do time in a concentration camp if a war leads to Iranian freedoms 

Man, can’t you just go hang out on 8chan with the rest of the insane people?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Depends on how much money you have invested and where. The people pulling the strings like taking chances with US military assets.

gtw.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump obstructed his own airstrike.  Very Presidential.  Good thing he didn’t need to make the call on Osama bin Laden.   Also awesome that we have a secretary of defense with lots of experience. 

Acting secretary of defense.

Many posters here will rend their garments in rage no matter what, strike or no strike. 

I don't care how late he arrived at the decision to hold back from escalating the incident.  It was the right decision. 

Mr. Trump’s national security advisers split about whether to respond militarily. Senior administration officials said Secretary of State Mike Pompeo; John R. Bolton, the national security adviser; and Gina Haspel, the C.I.A. director, had favored a military response. But top Pentagon officials cautioned that such an action could result in a spiraling escalation with risks for American forces in the region.

tenor.gif?itemid=4614172

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bolton and Pompeo are fucking war hawks. The Pentagon officials threw cold water on their hardons and likely managed to sway Trump away from their side for now.

Or they missed their window today because of weather conditions or some other reason and tomorrow night it's go time.

14 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's not so much the last minute change of mind, it's the initial decision that's troubling. 

yeah, American forces have not been hit by the Iranians since, lets see, 2003? 

When I was in Helmand we knew the chemical signature of who was blowing the shit out of our teams. We have been at war with Iran. Just not declared on our end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Then your mind wants to explode when you realize they worship at the alter of a conman that campaigned on getting us out of never-ending conflicts in the ME.

But drink four bud diesels, fire up Toby Keith, and LET’S FUCKING BOMB THESE FILTHY CAMELFUCKERS!

Let's turn the whole place into glass!

And then overturn Roe v. Wade because, you know, we're so pro-life. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hillary would have never pulled out of the Iran deal.  

Yeah that was a pretty sweet deal. How many billions in cash ended up going to Hezbollah and nuclear bombs, we'll have to wait and see.

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yeah, American forces have not been hit by the Iranians since, lets see, 2003? 

When I was in Helmand we knew the chemical signature of who was blowing the shit out of our teams. We have been at war with Iran. Just not declared on our end. 

Since you missed the point, my point was, once you make the decision to put troops into combat, it needs to be done with such judicious thought that a last minute change of heart is unable to factor into the equation. If you're wishy washy about it, you were unprepared to make the initial decision to begin with. 

To put it another way, this isn't some god damn fucking real estate deal. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If there's one man I want as President when it comes to understanding the strategic complexities of this situation as well as the geopolitical ramifications and then to initiate and  command a military response,  it's Donald Trump. 

The man was born for this moment. 

fd2c8862b90641265e1dd2e979013f3a.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, housious said:

I definitely don’t support a war with Iran. But isn’t prohibiting a war with Iran, like, really stupid? Or am I missing something here?

Perhaps by prohibiting war with Iran, you’re putting the power to lawfully declare war on Iran in Congress’s hands and restraining an impulsive executive, on a perception level. 

At least that’s the way I see it. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1