69 year old grandmother arrested for CBD oil at Disneyworld

ajax

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/great-grandmother-arrested-at-disney-world-for-carrying-cbd-oil-20190508/

Hester Burkhalter told a Fox news affiliate in Orlando she had been planning the trip for two years, but instead of a boat ride into a small world, she took a car ride to Orange County Jail.

Burkhalter, 69, was arrested April 15 and charged with possession of hashish, a felony. She spent 12 hours in jail and was trespassed from Disney property before being released on $2,000 bail. The charges were later dropped.

“I have really bad arthritis in my legs, in my arms and in my shoulder,” Burkhalter told the station. “I use it for the pain because it helps.”

Burkhalter added that she began using the oil at her doctor's direction and carried a prescription with her just in case. That didn't help.

Charged with a felony, then later dropped. Interesting that CBD oil is a felony. I wonder why?

Fucking criminal. Trying to get away with using CBD for her arthritis. Doesn't she know that she should be on opioids like everyone else?

btw - cops = heroes. Keeping us safe from dangerous people like Hester Burkhalter.

22 minutes ago, ajax said:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/great-grandmother-arrested-at-disney-world-for-carrying-cbd-oil-20190508/

Charged with a felony, then later dropped. Interesting that CBD oil is a felony. I wonder why?

Fucking criminal. Trying to get away with using CBD for her arthritis. Doesn't she know that she should be on opioids like everyone else?

btw - cops = heroes. Keeping us safe from dangerous people like Hester Burkhalter.

it's a felony because big pharm wants it to be 

• Like 9

Not to get all cloaky but I know there are many on here against the death penalty.  But this right here is the perfect example of why its use is necessary in our society.  Need to put this geriatric down before she pulls this little stunt again. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Not to get all cloaky but I know there are many on here against the death penalty.  But this right here is the perfect example of why its use is necessary in our society.  Need to put this geriatric down before she pulls this little stunt again. 

Yeah, normally I'm against the death penalty but it's cases like these that make it real tough.

But instead of the death penalty, they should take away all her CBD and forcibly make her go on opioids. Make sure she has insurance first.

47 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Weed derivatives are illegal/considered worse.  Flower/ bud is plant material, and not an altered/manufactured substance.

44 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

it's a felony because big pharm wants it to be 

I think most of the laws that make CBD and edibles not only illegal but worse offenses were enacted years ago against hashish and hash oil and other manufactured and derived products.  It's kind of an unhappy coincidence that they might ensnare medical-type products. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I think most of the laws that make CBD and edibles not only illegal but worse offenses were enacted years ago against hashish and hash oil and other manufactured and derived products.  It's kind of an unhappy coincidence that they might ensnare medical-type products. 

Yes, true.  

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

honestly, it's madness that we have made a plant illegal. we have all kinds of essential oils produced (i have a lavender vial on my desk to ease stress), but we make possession of this plant derivative a fucking felony. medical use is a no brainer, and i have no idea why big pharma doesn't put on its big boy pants and buy some fields or labs for production. they should lead this market. 

there's a killing to be made. i'm thinking about investing in certain weed stocks, though i may have missed that boat already. it's coming, and it is coming more quickly than anyone anticipated, i would guess.

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

honestly, it's madness that we have made a plant illegal. we have all kinds of essential oils produced (i have a lavender vial on my desk to ease stress), but we make possession of this plant derivative a fucking felony. medical use is a no brainer, and i have no idea why big pharma doesn't put on its big boy pants and buy some fields or labs for production. they should lead this market. 

there's a killing to be made. i'm thinking about investing in certain weed stocks, though i may have missed that boat already. it's coming, and it is coming more quickly than anyone anticipated, i would guess.

You don't think big Pharma doesn't have huge grow operations already in the works ?  Once it goes national legal you'll see all the little mom and pop companies lose their licenses, and big Pharma will have the field all to itself.

South America will explode with grow operations Columbia, and Chile, all great growing regions for weed.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I am fairly sure that some pharmas are quietly doing just that.  Quietly in case the tide shifts again.

14 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

In Tyler Texas and I'm assuming legal CBD products have zero THC content

The grandma had CBD oil that was labeled 0% THC, but it wasn't zero. Hence the felony charge. Whatever it was I'm sure it was really low.

btw - great work by the police lab. Again, heroes I say. Absolute heroes.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

In Tyler Texas and I'm assuming legal CBD products have zero THC content

I think in most jurisdictions, zero THC is legal.  CBD implies low or trace THC, but I think it's a matter of record that some labs carry that out better than others, and some not at all, and you may have ostensibly legal CBD that's fairly loaded with THC.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

For those that haven't seen it, while Murder Mountain on Netflix is about a different MJ topic at it's core there is a large amount of discussion on the this.

They are already in full gear.

They will be in TN the moment it opens weed. (another good growing place)

Once the feds legalize it which will be sooner rather than later, imo, it will be next to the beer at the local grocery store in probably a matter of weeks.

But for now, it not and Pharma doesnt want their future markets saturated so... Edibles and medicals better not be found in states where they can't profit 

Yeah, I was going to mention that.  It's not completely clear that Pharma was behind the Cali regulations, but they're pretty onerous and hard for little guys to comply with.  It wasn't clear to me that it was hard to comply with because of the nature of the regs or because the growers are all stoned to Bolivia.

PM [mention=35]MrPhlegm[/mention]

Fuck that. He’d turn this into aggy and klingon pictures.

CBD has been pretty good to me for anxiety and pain relief. FWIW, you can get cbd flower from tweedle farms. Even comes with a note to LEO.

7d223344d3c1b2a32c64ee25ce135c91.jpg

I also use kratom for pain relief and anxiety. Beats opioids and benzos. Following kratom culture online (reddit and such), you’d definitely believe that big pharma is fighting plant based relief. Kratom has been fighting the fda and Scott Gottlieb. Their tactics are right on par with ajit pai and the fcc with respect to the lies and agenda.

11 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

As a side note, the Pirates of the Caribbean, Mr. Toad's, and Peter Pan rides are pretty great when you're high. 

Apparently it's not uncommon for the boat to get stuck for an hour inside the "It's a Small World" ride with the dolls heads clicking as they pipe out that song.

18 minutes ago, deft said:

Fuck that. He’d turn this into aggy and klingon pictures.

CBD has been pretty good to me for anxiety and pain relief. FWIW, you can get cbd flower from tweedle farms. Even comes with a note to LEO.

7d223344d3c1b2a32c64ee25ce135c91.jpg

I also use kratom for pain relief and anxiety. Beats opioids and benzos. Following kratom culture online (reddit and such), you’d definitely believe that big pharma is fighting plant based relief. Kratom has been fighting the fda and Scott Gottlieb. They’re tactics are right on par with ajit pai and the fcc with respect to the lies and agenda.

My girlfriend wants to try that Kratom stuff. Is it safe?

38 minutes ago, ajax said:

The grandma had CBD oil that was labeled 0% THC, but it wasn't zero. Hence the felony charge. Whatever it was I'm sure it was really low.

btw - great work by the police lab. Again, heroes I say. Absolute heroes.

Seems super lame that even though it was labeled 0% they felt the need to test it. You gotta watch out for those crazy 69 year old grannies!

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

Still kinda funny to me how the one plant that gets you high is the one that has these magical medicinal benefits. Cottonwood trees? Nope. St. Augustine? Nope. Just weed.

It was all because of an off-duty mall cop.

He could have just let her go. But he was on a power trip and she refused to answer him. This is basically another case of contempt of cop, this time he was off-duty probably moonlighting as a Magic Kingdom cop.

On April 15, Deputy Vernon Lebron "was working in an off duty capacity at Magic Kingdom" when he was notified by security personnel that someone may be using "illegal narcotics believed to be THC oil," according to the Orange County Sheriff's office's report. Upon inspection of Burkhalter's purse, Lebron asked if the product contained THC, to which she replied, "Is there a problem?" She then refused to answer whether it contained THC. 

From there, the report states that Lebron tested the glass bottle for THC using a "marijuana presumptive drug test kit." The results indicated the color red, indicating a presumptive positive result for the euphoric chemical. 

That's when Burkhalter was arrested.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/05/08/a-great-grandmother-with-arthritis-was-arrested-at-disney-world-for-carrying-cbd-oil

My girlfriend wants to try that Kratom stuff. Is it safe?

Completely safe as far as I’m concerned. You can’t OD. It’ll just make you sick to your stomach or super sleepy if you take too much. Don’t buy from a headshop or gas station. Don’t buy capsules. Buy powder online. Much cheaper and no adulterants.

my bro is VP of a Anheuser-Busch affiliated company.  AB, by the way, lagged all other companies in getting THC infused beverages to market but eventually went all-in.  Huge potential market for all the big alcohol producers.

It's his job to prepare marketing plans for various future regulatory eventualities. . .the most extreme being that Trump decriminalizes THC unilaterally via executive order (not sure how that's legal but whatever) in the leadup to the next election, taking the wind from various Democrat candidate sails. . .

Edited by BearSchlong