Dallas Nostalgia Picture Thread

Assman

Tollway & LBJ 1968

a02a9832753a831f456e9a5a9443ef29--diagon

Central Expressway & Walnut Hill 1959

e84db4f7baea17735750d19fd2491c06--dallas

Dealey Plaza underpass construction

Document?documentID=1709

Sivil's Drive-In 1957.  Located at current day Fort Worth Ave and Davis St, by the Greyhound station

b38d7149725e37d2d7450b67a7ab92f0--high-s

Carhops at Keller's

Kellers_Shirley-e1421782181874.jpg

Original Chili's on Greenville

20160701_ChilisOrigResto_crChilis.jpg

This place was the shit

1424206900-NIR_06CRYSTALOUTSIDE_47534_33

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Surly, was the last picture the place on Coit just south of 635?

BigD, those columns are still at Northpark. My kids are always sliding on them

Yep, all I remember was it was this artsy fartsy craft fair type place.  Which when you are about 10 years old is the last place in the world you want to be at say 2pm on a spring Saturday.

10 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This popped up under a Prestonwood Mall search, but I believe it's the interior of Olla Podrida.

94c2b7a54025ba2354f6035641d3d01f--barn-h

I was trying to find the skating rink at Prestonwood, but all I found was this picture (for ants) of the clock.

PrestonwoodClock.jpg

Yep, first one is OlPa. My mom liked that place. It was cool to wander around, but the stores sucked, aside from the candy shop.

My goto at Valley View:

9a37eb5c8b9ead990a9a75d2f4794237.jpg

0912_nws_rpe-l-farrells021.jpg?w=620

487faec8c9c89378989559c5f3cdae65.jpg

okm662-b88886930z.120170130142039000gn5l

• Like 1

I only have a couple of memories of Valley VIew as we were regular Prestonwood or Richardson Square mall-goers.  Got my first pair of black Reeboks at Valley View.  Best friend and I would eat at El Fenix @ Valley View, whenever his dad would give us an extra $20 to get out of his hair.

Not Dragon's Tail.  The really high one in the middle that had three slides.  I think 2 required inner tubes.  One of the slides was pitch-dark - it may have been called the "Black Hole".  Anyway, I recall not being too fond of making the climb up the stairs because the damn thing swayed in the wind.

Y'all remember the inner tube ride on the far side of the park?  It was awesome.  You'd go down in steps, spend some time in a pool, then a life guard would push you on your way.  The finale was a very large and wide concrete drop.

• Like 1

White Water had the cliff slides in the deep end. Just a little ledge you’d slide down. Also had a kickass pirate ship you could climb on with rope ladders and water cannons. Used to try to shoot people off ladders with those. Had a kickass birthday there complete with an Optimus Prime cake. 

Was it White Water or Wet n Wild that had the White Lightning slides that were really fast?

• Like 1

As a kid, I moved to Dallas from SA in '91, so my Arlington Stadium memories are limited, but wasn't there a tunnel south of DFW around AA Headquarters?  I remember we had to drive through a tunnel at some point to get to Arlington.

11 hours ago, markstanco said:
22 hours ago, Deej said:
rPCVvXN.jpg

I can name about a fourth to a third of those players.

Poser.

Pugh, Bethea, Martin, Hill (? I thought he was taller), Richards, Johnson, Saldi, Pearson, DuPree

Cole, Donovan (either him or 67), ??, Andre (?), Rafferty (or 64), Scott, Wright, ?, Jones

Bruenig, White, Henderson, ?, Hegman, Brown, ?, ?, Fitzgerald

Thurman, Dorsett, Laidlaw, Waters, Hughes, Harris, Newhouse, Washington, Lewis

Septien, White, Staubach, Carano, Dennison (?), ?, Kyle, Pearson, Barnes.

Dad used to take me to McDonald's every year on the first day those came out.

Edited by Beau Vine
quoting two posts is hard

Sports
dallas_freeze_1994-95_front.jpg

My dads best friend in high school was the backup goalie for the freeze. Went to many games and even got to travel on team buses. Saw slapshot at about 7 years old and thought it was the best thing ever. Have about 30 signed sticks from those guys. They would get hammered at my grandmas house instead pleasant grove when they didn’t have a game.
/csb
  • Like 1

I remember crystals, six flags in the summers, the three J’s over Dallas (Jamal Mashburn, Jim Jackson & Jason Kidd). 

I vividy remember Tatu from the Dallas Sidekicks. I got a soccer ball autographed by Eddie Radwanski.

The Forth Worth Fire. Skating at Tandy center. Montgomery Ward in Ft. Worth.