the alabama abortion attack

hayden_horn

what's next?  

Pregnant woman eats a Trumpish diet of junk food, miscarries.  Send her to prison?

Pregnant woman smokes during pregnancy, miscarries.  Send her to prison?

Pregnant woman doesn't get enough sleep, slips and falls, miscarries.  Send her to prison?

Who "deems" the fetus a human life? Nobody.
It's not mom or dad, it's alive, it's human. Do you have a problem with that? It's got arms and legs, a brain, a heartbeat. Of course it's a human life. 
If it were dead, it would not respire. It would not grow. It would not be a human. Dead things don't come back to life. I'm sorry you are confused, The Princess Bride is not a documentary, it's a work of fiction.

Good. Then prosecute the father for paying for the abortion. And require child support from the date of conception. And if the mother is put on bed rest and is unable to work, the father must support the mother, because of she is not able to support herself, she can’t support the person inside her.

Cuz I mean, choices have consequences, right? And he chose to put his dick in her without a condom. He is equally culpable for the irresponsible pregnancy, so he should bear an equal burden, right?

Also, tax deductions start the day of conception. The right to inherit property, too. And we could go on. For days. Our entire legal system is built on the concept of the life beginning at birth. Better get a lot of Ink for that editing pen.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Good. Then prosecute the father for paying for the abortion. And require child support from the date of conception. And if the mother is put on bed rest and is unable to work, the father must support the mother, because of she is not able to support herself, she can’t support the person inside her.

Cuz I mean, choices have consequences, right? And he chose to put his dick in her without a condom. He is equally culpable for the irresponsible pregnancy, so he should bear an equal burden, right?

Also, tax deductions start the day of conception. The right to inherit property, too. And we could go on. For days. Our entire legal system is built on the concept of the life beginning at birth. Better get a lot of Ink for that editing pen.

Still the most straw filled of straw men. Nobody wants that. You're not making an argument. You're dancing with ghosts.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

slorch is devoid of intellectual honesty.  He has been destroyed multiple times on this thread and continues to ignore all cogent arguments doing so.

Some might call it . . . trolling.

slorch'd.

Some might call it 1/2 of your posts and an unwillingness to engage on the topic.

But seriously, pos rep to you for that. "everyone who disagrees with me is a troll" is like 1/10 a hateful as "everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi". I mean, I disagree, but it's an ethos.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1

Still the most straw filled of straw men. Nobody wants that. You're not making an argument. You're dancing with ghosts.

Oh, I KNOW that the Alabama crowd doesn’t want that. That’s the point. They want a human fetus to be a sacred human life, to be protected at all costs (“It’s a human life! Period!”)...so long as all of those costs are borne by women.

They want ZERO costs or inconvenience anywhere else, because that fetus is a sacred human life...except when they don’t want it to be.

Pointing out the absurd hypocrisy is my point here. As it seems you’re too obtuse to get it.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I KNOW that the Alabama crowd doesn’t want that. That’s the point. They want a human fetus to be a sacred human life, to be protected at all costs (“It’s a human life! Period!”)...so long as all of those costs are borne by women.

They want ZERO costs or inconvenience anywhere else, because that fetus is a sacred human life...except when they don’t want it to be.

Pointing out the absurd hypocrisy is my point here. As it seems you’re too obtuse to get it.

So an infant is a "cost", in your words. I think I see the problem. Simply a matter of making the ledger balance. I happen to think we are one human family. Human life shouldn't be blendered up and thrown in the garbage. But I'm just a crazy extremist troll, what do I know.

Edited by Thetexashammer

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

At what point in your wife's pregnancies did you see/experience sonograms?  That changed my opinion in a heartbeat.

So an infant is a "cost", in your words. I think I see the problem. Simply a matter of making the ledger balance. I happen to think we are one human family. Human life shouldn't be blendered up and thrown in the garbage. But I'm just a crazy extremist troll, what do I know.

Awesome! Good for you. Glad you feel that way (and as someone who has two teens....damn right they’re a cost).

So, are you going to prosecute the man who pays for an abortion for murder or not? And if not, why would you treat that precious human life any different than you would an adult who he paid to murder?

At what point in your wife's pregnancies did you see/experience sonograms?  That changed my opinion in a heartbeat.

So, is it sacred all the time? I mean, 100%, it’s a person, with all attendant rights? What’s that? Nope, not when it could inconvenience a guy who knocks her up? Not when it might subject a man to prosecution?

Fucking hypocrisy. It’s about punishing women for their “bad choices,” while men live effectively consequence-free.

Oh, and I sat at a diner counter with my toddler daughter late one night, crying to myself after my wife miscarried. We were alone that night because my wife was in the hospital getting a D&C. Which the kindly paternalistic men in the Texas legislature have now declared we would have to have a burial for, because they need to make sure we bow at their “all life is sacred” altar while they don’t give a rat’s ass about how we actually felt in the moment.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, is it sacred all the time? I mean, 100%, it’s a person, with all attendant rights? What’s that? Nope, not when it could inconvenience a guy who knocks her up? Not when it might subject a man to prosecution?

Fucking hypocrisy. It’s about punishing women for their “bad choices,” while men live effectively consequence-free.

i don't have all the answers on this.  in previous discussions I was able to think that at least the point of viability for the fetus outside the womb should have extra protections perhaps.  that point changes as science/medicine gets better.

men face plenty of consequences/responsibilities after birth and have near zero input, haha edit for of course initial input not counting, before the birth.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and I sat at a diner counter with my toddler daughter late one night, crying to myself after my wife miscarried. We were alone that night because my wife was in the hospital getting a D&C. Which the kindly paternalistic men in the Texas legislature have now declared we would have to have a burial for, because they need to make sure we bow at their “all life is sacred” altar while they don’t give a rat’s ass about how we actually felt in the moment.

Sorry for your loss. 

We were fortunate on our two.  Had to spend time in the hospital in the third trimester both times.  I was out of town on business while she spent a week in the hospital.  Fortunately her family lives close and we had good insurance at the time along with a long time gyno that figured out she was low on magnesium causing issues with  severe dehydration. IIRC.

Seeing the 3d sonogram on baby #2 was even more eye opening while the sonogram video of baby #1 sucking his thumb was indescribable in 2d.(at about 5.5-6 months)

Edited by zork

16 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

This "one human family" bit would sound better if you gave a damn about the young ladies who can't afford to raise a child.  Yes, an infant is a cost.  Any other obvious facts you want to go over?

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Awesome! Good for you. Glad you feel that way (and as someone who has two teens....damn right they’re a cost).

So, are you going to prosecute the man who pays for an abortion for murder or not? And if not, why would you treat that precious human life any different than you would an adult who he paid to murder?

If I may sum up our consversation. You denied that it was a human life. I pointed out how absurd that claim was,  you didn't defend your absurd argument. Now you're arguing that a baby is a cost, in the strictest financial sense, and that because babies are a "cost", they can be aborted. Do I summarize correctly?

I mean, it seems you're making that argument that babies are killed due to financial inconvenience. That's the argument. And you making it for me. Yes, I dislike killing babies because they have a financial cost. Seems wrong to me. 

• Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This "one human family" bit would sound better if you gave a damn about the young ladies who can't afford to raise a child.  Yes, an infant is a cost.  Any other obvious facts you want to go over?

https://www.mydomaine.com/best-charities-for-single-parents-2997404

We hate single mothers so much that we actually set up charities for them instead of having the government take it away from us that could not go directly to them.

Here’s one thing I’ve always pondered.

If a woman has sex with 100 random men in a year, she’s only capable of producing ONE baby. If a man has sex with 100 random women in a year - and if hits the target every time - he’s capable of producing ONE HUNDRED babies.

So why is it exactly that we only ever discuss regulating the women?
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

If a woman has sex with 100 random men in a year, she’s only capable of producing ONE baby. If a man has sex with 100 random women in a year - and if hits the target every time - he’s capable of producing ONE HUNDRED babies.

You know the answer to that.

200.webp?cid=790b76115ce3931e68516354675

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

fucking interesting, man.

Man, this is gonna turn into an SEC championship contest over which one of those states can come up with the most ridiculous law.  My money is on MS...but either way, every one of those states has a clear majority of losers...

2 hours ago, zork said:

Cool, should some dumbass like you be making these decisions, or the medical community as a whole?

Or just let everyone see a sonogram, then go vote?!

Fuck, the stupid is strong with you.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Cool, should some dumbass like you be making these decisions, or the medical community as a whole?

Or just let everyone see a sonogram, then go vote?!

Fuck, the stupid is strong with you.  

fuck off.  you don't know me.  I didn't comment on the current situation in Bamer or GA or the other states racing to restrict access to abortion,etc. 

If you read the other comments I made I allude to discussions in the past,on other boards pre-shaggy even, that referenced a theoretical point of viability where it could be reasonably argued that the fetus could live outside the womb, by definition: "point of viability of the fetus".

whether legislation related to that would be practical or not is not as important to me as the point at which the being in the womb it could be argued should have some representation when that point is reached.  realism dictates that it is improbable that the state would do anything at this point. 

but with completely socialized medicine there would be no cost to the mother to have the baby removed and put as a ward of the state if she and the father gave up their rights.  

Since the man is chastised for having sex to create unwanted babies and is given virtually no say by the state* it seems once that point of viability is reached the state could start protecting the actual being that could live outside the womb if given a chance to do so. 

this by exacting/expecting the female to have responsibility of the parental duties once the fetus is a being able to live on their own.   of course costs are exorbitant to keep them alive and procedures to birth them from the woman so it is theoretical like in theory nobody would be hungry given all the food produced in the world but money dictates all.(and of course the will of the state to impose that on the mother)

there is a lot in the world that is barbaric but necessary.  

The R's should choose their battles more carefully.  Possibly it is polling that has determined that now is the time to push these lawsuits to coalition build coupled with the recent Supreme Court changes.  Who knows.  It is a political decision mostly at this point, the doctors are not being consulted as far as I know.  

*since abortion is legal a man should have the right to opt out before the point of viability, only being responsible for 1/2 of the costs associated with the abortion.(1/2 transportation to and from, procedure, medications, etc, etc)

13 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If you're watching Arthur at 12 I would feel sorry for your parents.

I would like to know how many young girls are being raped? Seems to always be rape everywhere.

Probably more than there are 3rd trimester abortions.  Which legislators salivate over and crow about passing laws about.  Because those lives are SO IMPORTANT!!!  But when those lives are raped women, there aren't enough of them to matter.

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

If I may sum up our consversation. You denied that it was a human life. I pointed out how absurd that claim was,  you didn't defend your absurd argument. Now you're arguing that a baby is a cost, in the strictest financial sense, and that because babies are a "cost", they can be aborted. Do I summarize correctly?

I mean, it seems you're making that argument that babies are killed due to financial inconvenience. That's the argument. And you making it for me. Yes, I dislike killing babies because they have a financial cost. Seems wrong to me. 

Oh good, another "it's a life!" bleater. Let's say for sake of this argument that "it is a life".  Fuck yeah they are costs.  Are they not?  Are "babies killed" due to financial inconvenience?  Damn straight.  There are babies dying because of "financial inconvenience" as we speak.  Born babies who need medical care that YOU can provide.  Babies dying of liver failure, and bone cancer.  You have a liver and bone marrow.  You can give it to those babies and they will live. I mean, give it pursuant to your own expense and bodily harm.  Withhold it and those innocent babies will die.  Why should you not be required to save these innocent born lives, but women be forced to save the lives the babies they are gestating?  I mean....if they are of the same value?  Why should a woman who did not ask for a growing life to be placed inside her, perhaps even took precautions against it or perhaps not, but now not want it there, be forced to support it with her time, money and body, at potential harm to herself, and you not be forced to support a growing life that will surely otherwise die without your action?  Why can you use lethal force against an innocent human being who is appropriating your property and resources and causing you to fear bodily harm, but a pregnant woman can't?

WHY NOT DONE?  

• Like 4

If i invite them in the house and then kill them, it gets pretty dicey...

Again, pregnancy is a deliberate act...  but we can't discuss it that way because of the 1.5% of abortions that involve rape cases.

Edited by slorch

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

If i invite them in the house and then kill them, it gets pretty dicey...

Again, pregnancy is a deliberate act...  but we can't discuss it that way because of the 1.5% of abortions that involve rape cases.

Sex is a deliberate act.  Pregnancy may or may not be.  Those women did not invite anything into anywhere except a penis into a vagina.  I can just envision the tribunals - "PROVE to us that you did not invite that baby into your uterus, otherwise Slorch sez it can get pretty dicey...but you may still be exonerated in the end."  If you invite someone into your house and they start taking your stuff and they don't leave for nine months, I guarandamntee you're going to find a way to get rid of them.  

Anyway You just spent 11 pages telling me why babies conceived from rape should be treated JUST THE SAME as babies conceived by consensual intercourse.  So why all of the sudden does it matter now?  And fewer abortions are carried out third trimester than from rape, so why all the time and energy spent on laws preventing the latter, while brushing off the former?

And why are you letting babies die that could be saved with your money and body parts?  

You say society would be better off if everyone treated women the way you do.  I'll go a step further.  More babies would be saved if you cared as much about born babies as unborn babies.  You extend privileges to the former that you don't extend to the latter as long as YOU don't have to make any sacrifices.

Rank, utter, vile, disgusting hypocrisy.  Save that baby inside you because I say so.  I'll let this one here next to me die because I don't care enough to make a personal sacrifice.

• Like 1

alabama is wrong. r's supporting this are dumb. these decisions do not need to be governed. the right will be better off when the religious segment dies off. this seems like their last stand and disingenuous.

signed,

current r voter

Edited by riloh05

18 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Just pretend that we are discussing a bathroom bill.

I see they now want to pretend ages 7-12 is not where a high number of child sexual assault crimes occur.  

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Some might call it 1/2 of your posts and an unwillingness to engage on the topic.

I'm sorry, what?  I have been engaging on this topic from the jump.  I'm sorry you don't like me, I really am, because I'm losing all kinds of sleep and I'm not eating well and I've started taking opioids to cope, but at least pay attention, for fuck's sake.

I thought Georgia was supposed to lose buisness after the bill, it seems to me Hollywood doesn't like their own taxes so still film in Georgia. 

The Georgia bill hasn’t even taken effect yet and was just passed two weeks ago.

Did you expect producers to retroactively not film there?

Set fire to already filmed content?

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Because she's a whore.

7 hours ago, workswithseed said:

https://www.mydomaine.com/best-charities-for-single-parents-2997404

We hate single mothers so much that we actually set up charities for them instead of having the government take it away from us that could not go directly to them.

“We designed a system that kills thousands a year but we created a charity to save fifteen that would otherwise be killed by the system we created! You must love us for our philanthropy!”

Jason Bateman is already on the record as saying he will no longer work in Georgia if the abortion bill survives court challenge.  He has filmed one movie there and is currently working in Georgia on both "Ozark" and "The Outsider". 

I'd say that's a pretty good shot right out of the gate.

Bateman in AJC

Jason Bateman is already on the record as saying he will no longer work in Georgia if the abortion bill survives court challenge.  He has filmed one movie there and is currently working in Georgia on both "Ozark" and "The Outsider". 
Bateman in AJC

Same with David Simon.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Bateman in AJC

Bold strategy.