Herman Edwards, lolololololololololololololololololololol

Parliament

On 5/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I need to pay more attention to the football board in the OT.
This thread is of great interest to me as MSU has a home-home with the Herm'meister, with 2018 in Tempe and if he is still around at Spartan Stadium in 2019.

Hopefully that opening loss to UTSA doesn't get the Herm'sters fired up when MSU rolls in the next week. Nothing better than a front row seat to a train wreck
(and I should know, I've seen a few in East Lansing)

You coming to Tempe?

Me and 75 of my closest degenerate drunk friends will be in East Lansing in 2019.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

John L. Smith is a national fucking treasure:

After Arky let him go (and he declared bankruptcy), he coached 3 years at Fort Lewis College in Durango and has now spent the last two years at... Kentucky State University?  I didn't know there was such a thing.  The "Thorobreds?"  Yes, that's how they spell it.  OK, then.

image_handler.jpg

In fairness, it is Kentucky State. They have to spend all four years teaching them how to spell the name of the school. Spelling the word thoroughbred correctly requires sending them off to one of them fancy schools with books and stuff.  

11 hours ago, Pods said:

In fairness, it is Kentucky State. They have to spend all four years teaching them how to spell the name of the school. Spelling the word thoroughbred correctly requires sending them off to one of them fancy schools with books and stuff.  

It would have been funnier if the team was known as the "Bluegrassers"...

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, Upgrayedd said:

You coming to Tempe?

Me and 75 of my closest degenerate drunk friends will be in East Lansing in 2019.

Still debating Tempe in September, it might be a little warm for that game.
You'll have a great time in 2019, unless MSU goes full on DiBiaggio when hiring a new President & AD and tries to dismantle their intercollegiate sports program

13 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I would have stayed in Durango, given the option.

First football games I ever attended were in Durango. They ought to play Ft. Lewis games in the high school stadium down in town; the Ft. Lewis stadium is up on the top of College Hill, exposed to some pretty bitter winds. Nothing quite like football in negative temp wind chills.

You'll have a great time in 2019, unless MSU goes full on DiBiaggio when hiring a new President & AD and tries to dismantle their intercollegiate sports program

Tempe will be hot AF in September.

My rule of thumb is no pre-November games at Sun Devil stadium.

22 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Tempe will be hot AF in September.

My rule of thumb is no pre-November games at Sun Devil stadium.

I went to ASU's first home game last year.  Wasn't really that bad.  It gets dark early in Arizona.

Sucks that the sun is shining in your bedroom window at 4:45am, and I'm not exaggerating, but the "gets dark early" part makes the evenings enjoyable.

45 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I've lived here since 1998. I learnt my rule of thumb from experience. But ymmv.

You defiantly need to be on the west side of the stadium unless the game starts after dark.  

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Those games will have huge ramifications in the races for the 2026 and 2027 Independence and Las Vegas Bowls.

So if anyone bets on the over/ under of weird facial expressions from both head coaches & the sidelines higher than 8, who wins..? Only Vegas...

16012734_G.png

• 3 weeks later...

Had a long conversation about the Herminator with an ex ASU coach the other day.

According to him the move was 100% about recruiting. Says Herm knows enough to hire good coordinators. If they have signs of success the first year and into year two they can pick up some momentum and it can be good. If they look terrible year 1 it will be a dumpster fire.

And yes I know none of the recruits know him, but all of their dads do.

It really is crazy that ASU isn’t more relevant in football. Anyone who’s ever spent any time here in the winter would understand why it shouldn’t be hard to recruit a handful of dudes who can play from the Midwest and Northeast to come spend their winters here for 4 years. Then pick up the local guys (AZ has surprisingly good hs talent for its population) and a couple here and there out of Cali and it should be all good.

I’m mean it’s not like it’s a tough academic school full of ugly girls.

I think best case Herm gets it going a bit and hires a coordinator who can take over in a couple of years. Word case, could be looking at 2-10 for a couple of years. We’ll see.

Hey Kid, 

Forget playing for the school you grew up cheering for. Come play in a dusty desert hell hole. It’s going to be 110 degrees every day without dropping below 85 at night from the time camp opens until halfway through the season. But it’s a dry heat. Practicing when it’s 75 degrees out makes you soft anyway.  The weather is great in January. I like to head over to watch the fiesta bowl after our season is over. 

Sincerely,

Arizona State  

PS, most of your games will be at 10:00 pm in your home town, so there won’t be any other games on to distract your friends and family. 

Edited by heso
  • Like 5

On 5/14/2018 at 6:58 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I can vouch for Beef/upgrayedd's hosting.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, heso said:

Hey Kid, 

Forget playing for the school you grew up cheering for. Come play in a dusty desert hell hole. It’s going to be 110 degrees every day without dropping below 85 at night from the time camp opens until halfway through the season. But it’s a dry heat. Practicing when it’s 75 degrees out makes you soft anyway.  The weather is great in January. I like to head over to watch the fiesta bowl after our season is over. 

Sincerely,

Arizona State  

PS, most of your games will be at 10:00 pm in your home town, so there won’t be any other games on to distract your friends and family. 

your sales pitch could use some work TBH 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I have to say there is no real reason I see to dislike the guy, but I see this as a terrible experiment and I expect it to crash and burn and almost feel bad that I am looking forward to what happens

This will be a case study of why you never let athletic directors hire their friends...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...