Herman Edwards, lolololololololololololololololololololol

Parliament

ASU deserved to win. It was a well played game and they wore us down. I thought Layne did a good job on Harry most of the night but dude is a stud and made a play when a play needed to be made. Can't keep a great player like that down all night. More concerning was the OL play for MSU and I'm pretty sure the NT knew the snap count and we made no adjustments. 

Also, let me disagree wholeheartedly with my boy Upgrayded. Game was NOT fun to be at. AT ALL. I would have gone to the bar at halftime had I not traversed the country to attend. Holy fuck, it was a sauna in that stadium. No air movement at all. Nice place, though. It looks great after the renovations. Crowd was lively and engaged. Rooting for ASU the rest of the year. MSU has some work to do. 

Coach D smiles sometimes. I think the players enjoy him very much. Not sure the media sees this side of him often. 

Edited by Baboontyme
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

ASU deserved to win. It was a well played game and they wore us down. I thought Layne did a good job on Harry most of the night but dude is a stud and made a play when a play needed to be made. Can't keep a great player like that down all night. More concerning was the OL play for MSU and I'm pretty sure the NT knew the snap count and we made no adjustments. 

Also, let me disagree wholeheartedly with my boy Upgrayded. Game was NOT fun to be at. AT ALL. I would have gone to the bar at halftime had I not traversed the country to attend. Holy fuck, it was a sauna in that stadium. No air movement at all. Nice place, though. It looks great after the renovations. Crowd was lively and engaged. Rooting for ASU the rest of the year. MSU has some work to do. 

Coach D smiles sometimes. I think the players enjoy him very much. Not sure the media sees this side of him often. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10160198

Is there not a better named team than the "Sun Devils", of Arizona State..?

A lot of coaches have that same philosophy of playing offense to win the game and not necessarily to score points in every possession. sometimes they say it differently like you throw the ball to score points and run the ball to win the game. Its an NFL type of thinking, keep the game close and make some plays to win at the end, don't turn the ball over, the quarterback that throws the least interceptions wins nearly every game no matter what kind of scheme the two teams are running. If you play mistake free football you can keep the game close in almost any contest.

3 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

A lot of coaches have that same philosophy of playing offense to win the game and not necessarily to score points in every possession. sometimes they say it differently like you throw the ball to score points and run the ball to win the game. Its an NFL type of thinking, keep the game close and make some plays to win at the end, don't turn the ball over, the quarterback that throws the least interceptions wins nearly every game no matter what kind of scheme the two teams are running. If you play mistake free football you can keep the game close in almost any contest.

Setting em up and knocking em down. 

On September 10, 2018 at 12:06 PM, tbone_ said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that dude smile. Has to be a grind playing for him.

I've seen him smile lots of times. He doesn't always have his game face on. He cares about his players and they love playing for him. 

Edit: Yes, I'm talking about Dantonio. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

20 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Heading out to San Diego in the morning.  My experience with the Devils playing in CA after a big win is not good.

We shall see if that trend gets reversed.

Don't know why you just don't go down today,  spend day at Pacific and then hit up the game.

I said it before but ASU got a damn good defensive coordinator from rocky longs staff. 

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Don't know why you just don't go down today,  spend day at Pacific and then hit up the game.

I said it before but ASU got a damn good defensive coordinator from rocky longs staff. 

Had something going tonight or else I would have

You are spot on about Gonzales.  Like what I am seeing.

Do you think Saban suddenly became a better coach in the SEC? Or did it become easier to recruit because, as they say in SEC country, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? You think Auburn paying six figures for Cam Newton is something that only happens on the plains? And if there are no PEDs in Tuscaloosa then there are no PEDs in college football. 

Saban doesn't win because of coaching acumen. He wins because of talent disparity. Put him in a system where there is parity of talent between teams, like in the NFL, and he fails miserably. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Saban would've taken the Texas job if money was his only concern. 

Money was probably the same and I am sure bama would have matched it.

i mean why leave a great thing to start from scratch when you can build on what you have. Saban was 15-17 in nfl which is slightly below average. I think he would have been still nfl if he had chosen Brees as his qb

Edited by Gengs1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Do you think Saban suddenly became a better coach in the SEC? Or did it become easier to recruit because, as they say in SEC country, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? You think Auburn paying six figures for Cam Newton is something that only happens on the plains? And if there are no PEDs in Tuscaloosa then there are no PEDs in college football. 

Saban doesn't win because of coaching acumen. He wins because of talent disparity. Put him in a system where there is parity of talent between teams, like in the NFL, and he fails miserably. 

So basically, any halfway decent coach should win 5 NC's at Bama in 9 years.  

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If he's sucb a good coach, why couldn't he win anything outside of the SEC? He's fielding a semi-pro team in college. Of course he wins a lot of games. 

I guess that whatever you do for a living, you were as good when you started as you were after many years.

SDST knocks off ASU 28-21 in a pretty dramatic fashion.

SDST trying to run out clock and fumbled. On 4th and long ASU sends up a bomb which is completed at the SDST 2 with :06 left.
However, targeting was called and the play was reviewed.
After the review, the targeting stood but the catch was ruled incomplete. ASU still got a 1st down and time for one play.
SDST batted down the hail mary in the end zone.

23 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm waiting for this story to break.

1 minute ago, kopp0e said:

The most ridiculous defensive award so far has to be the Boise State defense chair...

#1) My post was a comment on his lifting form.  I dgaf what "awards" teams give out.

#2) It's not a "defense chair"; it's a throne you dumb sack of shit.

Edited by Katfid54

26 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

#1) My post was a comment on his lifting form.  I dgaf what "awards" teams give out.

#2) It's not a "defense chair"; it's a throne you dumb sack of shit.

I hope you realize, you are contradicting yourself, if you truly didn't care of what awards are given, you wouldn't make emphasis on throne vs chair... But I digress...

Psychologically, this condition of one inflicting outward aggression could be deemed as a coping mechanism, for lacking in some area, personally, I think you're funny..!

EIther way, I enjoy the rants & alleged insults, it's similar to what my younger cousin's would do for attention, when wanting to lash out at feeling neglected, pretty much...

Here is a photo of Boise "throne of defense":

On 9/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, trza-hawk said:

Hmmmmmm sounds like another college team I know...

On 9/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Bro what are you smoking...

This dude brought a QB off the bench in the fucking National Title game because fuck it and it worked.

I mean if we want to actually be real about it Saban is maybe the GOAT college football coach.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1